Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Lil Tuffy and more...
elduderino
Little Ghost
Posts: 2995
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by elduderino » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:16 pm

PugFaceRex wrote:i think the posters have the same plot/storyline as The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comic series.
or the Watchmen.
Either way, Alan Moore is involved somehow.
maybe even swamp thing.
he is everything i hate...

User avatar
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost
Posts: 2212
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 6:16 am

Re: Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by PugFaceRex » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:52 pm

elduderino wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:i think the posters have the same plot/storyline as The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comic series.
or the Watchmen.
Either way, Alan Moore is involved somehow.
maybe even swamp thing.
Don't be fatuous.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color

User avatar
anonymousbrunette
Little People
Posts: 3742
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:01 am
Location: Washington, DC
Contact:

Re: Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by anonymousbrunette » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:03 pm

From Rob's site:

"THE RACONTEURS

Racs are back on the road, sort of, playing some festival dates and club shows. I climbed back in the poster wagon for the non-festival dates including their intimate performance at Third Man Records and their bone rattling at the Ryman. I revisited the lobby card series for the first one and broke the fingernails of my mind's hand getting it just right. Thanks to Jody Goodall's cousin, Rabbi Benji, for checking over my Hebrew. To his credit he suggested I lose the vowels on the control panels on the posters left side.

Posters will be part of the Racs 2008 set that I'm sure to put up for sale soon. The poster for the Third Man show is featured in part on the upcoming Vault release "Raconteurs Live at Third Man Records". The cover was designed by the talented Matthew Jacobson, the new art honcho of Third Man Records."

So the Atlanta show might be the end of the LCS. Here's hoping. Can anyone help us out with a pic?
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List

User avatar
shteev
Little Ghost
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by shteev » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:08 am

can someone with a ryman poster tell me if there numbers are roman numerals for the ??/???. just curious. 2 nice little extra prints with it too...will add pics when i can. so glad to have this poster finally. will look good when/ if i can afford to frame it.
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.

elduderino
Little Ghost
Posts: 2995
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by elduderino » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:17 am

shteev wrote:can someone with a ryman poster tell me if there numbers are roman numerals for the ??/???. just curious. 2 nice little extra prints with it too...will add pics when i can. so glad to have this poster finally. will look good when/ if i can afford to frame it.
not mine.
he is everything i hate...

User avatar
hawke000
Little Ghost
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by hawke000 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:49 am

Here you go Ara,

Down the rabbit hole you must go... Forgot about the Tree of life.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tree- ... _Stage.jpg

User avatar
anonymousbrunette
Little People
Posts: 3742
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:01 am
Location: Washington, DC
Contact:

Re: Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by anonymousbrunette » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:08 pm

RedBubble interviewed Rob at SXSW and he shed some interesting light on the LCS...

"There’s lots of speculation online about hidden codes and symbolism in the Raconteurs posters. Can you share any secrets? Was there a master plan before you started?

The ones with the little kids? I did a poster that was a fake country and western clothing store ad. I read somewhere that someone was wondering which of the kids was the Raconteurs themselves. It hadn’t crossed my mind until then, but after that I did two posters, then when the next album came out I thought I’d do a sequel and take scenes from this horrible Japanese movie.

If you ever look at how other people look at your own country, like how people think Australia is like guys wearing hats with corks hanging off them – that image is this weird hyper reality. I wrote out the plot of the movie and wanted water symbols attached to the Raconteurs kids. Their boss was this little David Bowie kid living on the moon. I worked it out so I could hide things in the posters. What sucks is that I’m five or six posters out from finishing it."

See the whole interview here:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/redbubb ... ter-design

Thanks to ColdSoup
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List

User avatar
love_islander
Little People
Posts: 4631
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by love_islander » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:34 pm

anonymousbrunette wrote:RedBubble interviewed Rob at SXSW and he shed some interesting light on the LCS...

"There’s lots of speculation online about hidden codes and symbolism in the Raconteurs posters. Can you share any secrets? Was there a master plan before you started?

The ones with the little kids? I did a poster that was a fake country and western clothing store ad. I read somewhere that someone was wondering which of the kids was the Raconteurs themselves. It hadn’t crossed my mind until then, but after that I did two posters, then when the next album came out I thought I’d do a sequel and take scenes from this horrible Japanese movie.

If you ever look at how other people look at your own country, like how people think Australia is like guys wearing hats with corks hanging off them – that image is this weird hyper reality. I wrote out the plot of the movie and wanted water symbols attached to the Raconteurs kids. Their boss was this little David Bowie kid living on the moon. I worked it out so I could hide things in the posters. What sucks is that I’m five or six posters out from finishing it."

See the whole interview here:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/redbubb ... ter-design

Thanks to ColdSoup
If he's knocking the cork hats, I'll make Rob Jones my bitch!

User avatar
HappyDad
Little Ghost
Posts: 1665
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by HappyDad » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 pm

So I think this one (the last one?) wasn't posted:

Image

I might soon become addicted to the LC serie...
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE

elduderino
Little Ghost
Posts: 2995
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by elduderino » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:52 am

did Ara (or hawke) ever figure the LCS out?
he is everything i hate...

Post Reply