Someone from TMR was on Vault Chat (was Modblast)

Your Turntable's Not Dead
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Someone from TMR was on Vault Chat (was Modblast)

Post by rsimms3 »

Sooo, a drive-by Wiki quoting.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

EAP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

This machine steals souls.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
EAP.jpg
I love visiting Eddie at Westminster. Have you ever done the vault tour there, Ara?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Kali Durga wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:
EAP.jpg
I love visiting Eddie at Westminster. Have you ever done the vault tour there, Ara?
Haven't tried the tour - I'll put it on the list. Magnificent small cemetery in Baltimore proper. Surprising how many people never make it past the commemorative monument by the gate. He's buried in the back, as you know. I read some sincere words by a struggling writer that were scrawled on a then weathered piece of paper. I was crouched on the ground when I saw the note blown under the evergreen bush. Clearly intended for the silent confident.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

anonymousbrunette wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:
EAP.jpg
Haven't tried the tour - I'll put it on the list. Magnificent small cemetery in Baltimore proper. Surprising how many people never make it past the commemorative monument by the gate. He's buried in the back, as you know. I read some sincere words by a struggling writer that were scrawled on a weathered piece of paper. I was crouched on the ground when I saw the note blown under the evergreen bush. Clearly intended for the silent confident.
Very beautiful cemetery, the Egyptian-style tomb in the back is my favorite. Though the interpretive signs they installed a few years ago make photography trickier. Thy used to do a terrific Halloween event at Westminster, don't know whether they still do because I don't get e-mail notices from the Poe House anymore. Saw John Astin there a couple of times, that was fantastic.

I imagine that note from the struggling writer must've been moving.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
3rdmwsiy
Little Cream Soda

Post by 3rdmwsiy »

Anyone on for jacks chat last night?
Safety first...then teamwork
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm visiting family so have only had time for a quick skim through the transcript I was sent. He said he's going to spend New Year's Eve in Ontario and I got the impression he wasn't in the mood for people taking his opinions as gospel.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Kali Durga wrote:. . . he wasn't in the mood for people taking his opinions as gospel.
Knowing there are people who do = a damn shame.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

If you can message me the transcript, that would be awesome. bits and pieces i read here and there it seems he was in a great sarcastic mood.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I don't think I'd say he was in a great mood, sarcastic or otherwise. He did say there was a Detroit-themed Vault package on the horizon.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

From today:

<Jack White> In January 1905, Soo was in London for an engagement at the Hippodrome. His rival, magician Ching Ling Foo was performing at the nearby Empire Theatre. By this time, Foo was aware that Chung Ling Soo was actually William Robinson and that he had copied virtually his entire act. He publicly called Chung Ling Soo an imposter and became intent on publicly exposing him as an imposter. In order to garner publicity, Foo's promoter publicly announced that he would duplicate at least half of Chung Ling Soo's illusions to prove that he was the real "Original Chinese Conjurer". Soo accepted the challenge and agreed to meet Foo at the offices of the weekly dispatch for a press conference. When Ching Ling Foo realized that the press was not interested in Chung Ling Soo's real identity, he refused to attend the press conference and backed out of the challenge. The episode was a public embarrassment for Ching Ling Foo who played at the Empire Theatre for only four weeks (Chung Ling Soo's engagement at the Hippodrome lasted three months).
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:I'm visiting family so have only had time for a quick skim through the transcript I was sent. He said he's going to spend New Year's Eve in Ontario and I got the impression he wasn't in the mood for people taking his opinions as gospel.
Ontario? I wish he meant Ontario, Canada haha. Is that in California?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

He said London, Ontario. Are you back in Canada, Ryan? If so, get yer stalking shoes on!
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

He said he was in London on another recent chat too, so pretty sure he was kidding about that. Don't the DW always spend NYE in Mexico?