Vault #38

Re: Vault #38

Postby lautrec » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:22 pm

YES ! 2 live 3lps...
lautrec
Little Bird

Postby I Ate The Walrus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:09 am

Love it. I enjoy the fancy looking vinyls.

And x2 new Racs songs? Thats sublime. What a Christmas present.
I Ate The Walrus
Little Cream Soda

Postby chaptertwentyone » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 pm

I’ve just got my fingers crossed we don’t see a similar distribution method and album cycle to that of Dodge and Burn. As I’ve mentioned before, the whole have the entire album in pieces months before it’s release and no supporting tour really just didn’t do it for me.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little Ghost

Postby gst510 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:38 pm

schrik wrote:I feel like they're trying to promote this vault package on the fact that the raconteurs are coming back next year, and are trying to hide how this vault package is really lacking.

Am-i expected to spent over 100$ Canadian for a reissue of an album, a 7'' of songs that's gonna be released in 2019, a patch and 4 stickers ?

This is where I'm at too.
gst510
Little Acorn

Postby Mick III » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:31 pm

chaptertwentyone wrote:I’ve just got my fingers crossed we don’t see a similar distribution method and album cycle to that of Dodge and Burn. As I’ve mentioned before, the whole have the entire album in pieces months before it’s release and no supporting tour really just didn’t do it for me.

I hope it isn't the same for The Raconteurs. But Brendan Bensan should have a new album too right? I am a little worried, but I really hope a world tour for the new album, I never saw The Raconteurs and it is one of my dream.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Postby Melon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Don't get me wrong. I love this album. Cautiously excited about new Raconteurs stuff... BUT this package is super expensive for the ability to hear two songs that everyone will be hearing sometime next year. The extras are weak (though I've been over most of the extras for a few years now). It just really feels like their forcing themselves to figure out an LP and a 7". This is all recycled or precycled stuff. Have they reached the bottom of the vault?

Maybe a mix up of format would help... I'd spend even $20 for the single just to hear it/have it but the extra cash for an album I already own... IDK not trying to sound bitter I just miss the days of being stoked for vault packages. I can't even remember the last one I sprung for. Can't tell if it's me changing or the packages.

Anyways here is to hoping the Racontuers album is top notch!
houses are full of things that gather dust
Melon
Little Ghost

Postby vandelpinkfloyd » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:43 pm

I can't imagine they'd switch up the VP formats until they see a dramatic drop in subscriptions. Maybe they've seen a decline recently with the reissues, but there still seems to be more and more new JW/DW/WS/Racs fans popping up so it's hard to say if VP sales have slowed.

Bottom of the vault? Maybe, especially since the #36 was CB, and we also had a hint of more releases partnered with the Zappa Family Trust for future. That to me points to scrapping the barrel as well.
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Postby elduderino » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Disappointed no flag
he is everything i hate...
elduderino
Little Ghost

Postby Mick III » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:54 pm

Finally I sold some old stuffs to pay this one. I can't wait to listen new songs from The Raconteurs.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Postby anonymousbrunette » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Melon wrote:Don't get me wrong. I love this album. Cautiously excited about new Raconteurs stuff... BUT this package is super expensive for the ability to hear two songs that everyone will be hearing sometime next year. The extras are weak (though I've been over most of the extras for a few years now). It just really feels like their forcing themselves to figure out an LP and a 7". This is all recycled or precycled stuff. Have they reached the bottom of the vault?

Maybe a mix up of format would help... I'd spend even $20 for the single just to hear it/have it but the extra cash for an album I already own... IDK not trying to sound bitter I just miss the days of being stoked for vault packages. I can't even remember the last one I sprung for. Can't tell if it's me changing or the packages.

Anyways here is to hoping the Racontuers album is top notch!

+7
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Postby Mick III » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:27 am

Vault Package sent by TMR, I am in France.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Previous

Return to The Vault