Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Von Munz, Aesthetic Apparatus and more..
MegBot3000
Site Admin

Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by MegBot3000 »

This topic is dedicated to handbills from The White Stripes 2006 tour of Australia and New Zealand, by Rob Jones.
WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Re: Handbills: Australia/NZ 2006

Post by kevron6 »

Austrailia/NZ 2006 1
Size: 6x12.5

Australia/NZ 2006 2
Size: 6x12.5
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

Didn't I send you them as a thank you for helping me out with something?
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

[ebay]250422142250[/ebay]
hwitsey
Little Bird

Post by hwitsey »

anyone have any background on these?
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

hwitsey wrote:anyone have any background on these?
What would you like to know about them?
hwitsey
Little Bird

Post by hwitsey »

love_islander wrote:
Who is that mysterious peg legged, trench coat rocking and apple wielding fellow? also any idea how much these usually fetch? they would make a great set
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

hwitsey wrote:
love_islander wrote:
Who is that mysterious peg legged, trench coat rocking and apple wielding fellow? also any idea how much these usually fetch? they would make a great set
It's a Moby Dick related poster - not sure which character it is as I've not read the book. On the show poster it has parts of the story scribbled over it. It's certainly not my favourite poster, but I decided to have a poster of each show I've gone to. I bought this pair of handbills back in 2011 and I think I paid around $80 for the pair, though some of the money was a donation. I think the user harvestgirl may have one of these still.
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

love_islander wrote:
hwitsey wrote:
love_islander wrote:
It's a Moby Dick related poster - not sure which character it is as I've not read the book. On the show poster it has parts of the story scribbled over it. It's certainly not my favourite poster, but I decided to have a poster of each show I've gone to. I bought this pair of handbills back in 2011 and I think I paid around $80 for the pair, though some of the money was a donation. I think the user harvestgirl may have one of these still.
It's Captain Ahab, and the main show poster was kind of poor, but same deal, went to the show, had to have the poster. Sigh. I think RJ may have some of these left, I picked mine up in 2010 from him, he wouldn't let me buy them specifically but he threw them in when I spent a lot of money on other posters.
...if you can hear a piano fall...
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

There was a full show poster that went with the handbills. And yes, Rob doesn't sell handbills..
hwitsey
Little Bird

Post by hwitsey »

coldsoup wrote:
love_islander wrote:
hwitsey wrote:
love_islander wrote:
It's Captain Ahab, and the main show poster was kind of poor, but same deal, went to the show, had to have the poster. Sigh. I think RJ may have some of these left, I picked mine up in 2010 from him, he wouldn't let me buy them specifically but he threw them in when I spent a lot of money on other posters.
Interesting. Also, Iv'e never really seen another of rob's posters with this style of illustration, it certainly stands out among them as different