Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Lil Tuffy and more...
3quid
Little Acorn

Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by 3quid »

OK, we are all familiar with the "cowboy" posters that make up this series and we've done some digging into them over on expressobeans and found some good clues, but now it's time to put the entire story together.

I'll start off by adding the prints in their proper order (or at least go by the #'s provided on the provided on the prints).

1. Detroit
2. Ferrara
3. Washington D.C.
4. New York
5. Boston
6. Vancouver
7. Cincinnati
8. Portland
9. Bonnaroo

Also, I'm not sure if these fit in with the story because I didn't notice any #'s on the prints, but if you know anything about where they might fit in, let's here it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Re: Lobby Card Series Posters..... Let's solve the Mystery

Post by anonymousbrunette »

For anyone just coming on board, the following Expresso Beans thread contains a lot of information on the series. Thanks to Kevin, Adam, and others for all of their research and theorizing on the subject. Information on the series is scattered throughout the thread but it gets especially interesting around page 23.

Rob Jones Prints & Hidden Items http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... dden+items

Update: There are 13 posters currently in the series. I do not believe that the Lincoln eagle or the catalog page are a chronological part of the story, though they may be supplemental to the narrative. Rob has mentioned on several occasions that he hopes he can someday finish the story if given the opportunity. He's not the only one.
Last edited by anonymousbrunette on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Ha! I never noticed them in that owl poster before! jeez louise I need to get some posters on my walls
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Here's something from the Washington thread:
7th_son wrote:

Here is the illustrated order, with some help from a quote from Rob:
RobJones wrote: The larger photobusta looking ones (Seattle and Memphis) were just scenes I wanted to show that didn't fit in the LC series. For example I was remiss I couldn't show the ship hauling the container from the Cincy poster because I knew what it would look like (I wanted it big and faster looking than the normal clunkers seen in other posters). It didn't make sense to me to make a LC that shows action that essentially occurs a minute after another one, so I made the larger version to set it apart.

Same with the Memphis one as the action there happens not too long after what is seen in the D.C. poster.

Had the tour continued, I would have done larger posters of the other two boys as well as few others that related to group scenes I wasn't able to get to. So it goes.

Unnumbered prequel

1 Detroit

2 Ferarra

3 Washington DC / Memphis
ImageImage

4 New York

5 Boston

6 Vancouver

7 Cincinatti / Seattle
ImageImage

8 Portland
I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this series as well..
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

higherlimits wrote:Ha! I never noticed them in that owl poster before! jeez louise I need to get some posters on my walls
just noticed them too after your comment
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

This is a good topic to restart. Not sure where to start I was totally engrossed in the whole thing at one time, but damn near have forgotten what all we came up with. I do remember that at one time I thought it had to do with King Solomon, but that could be way off.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
Tonic&Gin
Little Acorn

Post by Tonic&Gin »

Ahhhhh, this brings back memories of the stamp poster.

It's like a carefully constructed Agatha Christie Novel.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

I am pleased to exhume one of my all-time favorite threads....

The next Rob Jones/Raconteurs poster for the forthcoming show at TMR. Hot. Damn.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

anonymousbrunette wrote:I am pleased to exhume one of my all-time favorite threads....

The next Rob Jones/Raconteurs poster for the forthcoming show at TMR. Hot. Damn.
So cool, prob my fav of the series so far, would like to see a high res pic... Or the real thing, lol...
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

would love to see that poster hanging on my wall.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Sweet! I have someone grabbing one for me but I need to send them the money. Wonder how much they'll cost...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

shaneoftheroad wrote:Sweet! I have someone grabbing one for me but I need to send them the money. Wonder how much they'll cost...
I think the earlier ones were $30 at the shows but they may have gone up to $40. Rob put an insane amount of work into these.

My ISO/FS/FT List
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

I'm actually going to go through everything I know about this lobby series, figure it out (I already figured out Cold Fusion) and not tell anyone. Well maybe Ara, but only if she uses her Mod powers for evil.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

hawke000 wrote:I'm actually going to go through everything I know about this lobby series, figure it out (I already figured out Cold Fusion) and not tell anyone. Well maybe Ara, but only if she uses her Mod powers for evil.
B-------------------------------D

My ISO/FS/FT List
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

i think the posters have the same plot/storyline as The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comic series.
or the Watchmen.
Either way, Alan Moore is involved somehow.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color