Database Suggestions

Please discuss the database in this forum.
higherlimits
Little People

Re: Database Suggestions

Post by higherlimits »

everything is welcome :)
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

love_islander wrote:wow, cool. keep up the good work. i promise that when i get back to civilisation i intend to add some stuff to the database, even if its just ebay listings
Ian, I know it's been two months, but I've just spent about two hours adding what I could find on ebay (US only). Today was my first official day on my new job which will basically involve waiting around for a visa for few weeks, so this was good to do instead of reading....
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

You're my hero :)
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

higherlimits wrote:You're my hero :)
+1. This site could use more love islanders.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

someone who shirks work for this site? I don't know if it's the healthiest thing...
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

How come every time I record a sale on a item it always puts me as the seller is there a way it could be changed to buyer?
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I can change it manually but the seller might not want their name known. It doesn't really matter whose name is attached to a sale as long as the amount is recorded. It just adds some accountability for fake sales..
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Yeah I understand was just curious would not put sellers name up but it is no big deal thanks.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

All that talk of the database reminds me of one (hopefully simple) improvement request. Can someone change it so that when a search query is entered, pressing ENTER automatically begins the search? Do I sound lazy enough?
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

anonymousbrunette wrote:All that talk of the database reminds me of one (hopefully simple) improvement request. Can someone change it so that when a search query is entered, pressing ENTER automatically begins the search? Do I sound lazy enough?
That has been bugging the shit out me as well, good call!
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

7th_son wrote:
anonymousbrunette wrote:All that talk of the database reminds me of one (hopefully simple) improvement request. Can someone change it so that when a search query is entered, pressing ENTER automatically begins the search? Do I sound lazy enough?
That has been bugging the shit out me as well, good call!
Numerous times I've sat there staring at it for a few seconds wondering why nothing was happening. Is there any way to set it up for the system to automatically reject duplicate eBay listing numbers? The way it is now the same listing could be entered an infinite number of times.