Pictures

Please discuss the database in this forum.
colditz
Little Acorn

Pictures

Post by colditz »

The pictures on the database need a watermark stamping on them - asap.

This guy has used the pics for over 10 of his auctions ;
[ebay]160511666585[/ebay]

Perhaps we should get him to remove them ?
Grimtale
Little People

Re: Pictures

Post by Grimtale »

The watermark should be easy enough to do. I am with you on this one.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

colditz wrote:Perhaps we should get him to remove them ?
Yes. Does a Mod need to do this or should I?
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Could very well be that this seller is one of us. Keep that in mind and ask nicely. If that doesn't work... then pitch forks and torches...
Grim
I am everything you hate...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

What a tight knit community. Be nice, then form a posse out for revenge and blood. :lol:
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I worked on the pics of the database and came up with the small image on the corner to indicate if they are of any limited vinyl pressing.
I am not sure if watermarking will look good. As a matter of fact I am against it because it is not aesthetically appealing to me.

It always bugs me to see a water mark across a pic and putting a small logo on the corner, like EB does, is useless cause we already know that this guy took the pic from the swirl database. So I guess its a) leave it as it is b) put a huge watermark to destroy the pic.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

What is the format for data base pics ? I took pics and was going to add a pile items, but would not allow JPEG.
I am off work for the winter, and have alot of spare time
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

IamFrank007 wrote:What is the format for data base pics ? I took pics and was going to add a pile items, but would not allow JPEG.
Jpeg works just fine but the is a file size limit.
If I am not mistaken it has to be smaller than 512 kb
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

trickster wrote:
IamFrank007 wrote:What is the format for data base pics ? I took pics and was going to add a pile items, but would not allow JPEG.
I use the smallest seting on my camera, I can upload this size for pics in the Forum
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

IamFrank007 wrote:
trickster wrote:
I use the smallest seting on my camera, I can upload this size for pics in the Forum
Do you get an error message when trying to upload them pics?
If yes paste it here please.
Thanks
colditz
Little Acorn

Post by colditz »

trickster wrote:I worked on the pics of the database and came up with the small image on the corner to indicate if they are of any limited vinyl pressing.
I am not sure if watermarking will look good. As a matter of fact I am against it because it is not aesthetically appealing to me.

It always bugs me to see a water mark across a pic and putting a small logo on the corner, like EB does, is useless cause we already know that this guy took the pic from the swirl database. So I guess its a) leave it as it is b) put a huge watermark to destroy the pic.
I'm sorry, but I really think something needs to be done for the limited vinyl - it's far too easy for scammers to copy/paste.
and it's not like you have to be registered here to get hold of the pictures.

I don't give a monkeys about non limited vinyl.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

colditz wrote:
trickster wrote:I worked on the pics of the database and came up with the small image on the corner to indicate if they are of any limited vinyl pressing.

I'm sorry, but I really think something needs to be done for the limited vinyl - it's far too easy for scammers to copy/paste.
and it's not like you have to be registered here to get hold of the pictures.

I don't give a monkeys about non limited vinyl.
This is my only concern...that someone will use the image to represent it as their own, then never send the item. Granted, it would be just as easy to steal an image from someone on eBay, but I don't want us to facilitate the problem. Thoughts?
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

I've been on some other forums where you have to have a minimum post count to see certain areas of the website. Maybe something like that could be used? Or a certain feedback count, I'm sure something creative could be implemented.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Saw this coming, and actually did make a watermark, if we want to re-visit the idea. One issue was how to incorporate it automatically into pics that are uploaded into the database. Otherwise it would have to be done manually and that is an extremely tedious prospect. Look like this for example, but could be altered anyway we saw fit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.