higherlimits
Little People

Re: New upgrades at White Swirl

Post by higherlimits »

Okay.. made some modifications today:

Feedback is back online
PM notification e-mails include the message again
Post subscription e-mails include the message agin

"View your posts" in the header has been changed to "View new posts". This was a request from way back when the site first started, I don't know if anyone still uses the "view new posts" link but now it'll be on every single page

Chatroom has been installed. This shows at the bottom of the index page (http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum) and I have also included a link in the header that will show on every page. You can either chat from the index page or from the chatroom. (I just noticed that there is also a link on the right of the header... I'll just leave it as it is though for now..)

I have added a Paypal Donation Button to the top right of the page as well. We're working on some big features and hope to cover whatever costs we need to incur through donations. I will still probably put calls out for donations when we need them but a donation button WAS requested..

I have installed a new thing for my own use that will let me edit the forum a bit more. If there are any requests at all just let me know and I'll do my best.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

higherlimits wrote:Okay.. made some modifications today:

Feedback is back online

"View your posts" in the header has been changed to "View new posts". This was a request from way back when the site first started, I don't know if anyone still uses the "view new posts" link but now it'll be on every single page

Chatroom has been installed. This shows at the bottom of the index page (http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum) and I have also included a link in the header that will show on every page. You can either chat from the index page or from the chatroom. (I just noticed that there is also a link on the right of the header... I'll just leave it as it is though for now..)

I have added a Paypal Donation Button to the top right of the page as well. We're working on some big features and hope to cover whatever costs we need to incur through donations. I will still probably put calls out for donations when we need them but a donation button WAS requested..

I have installed a new thing for my own use that will let me edit the forum a bit more. If there are any requests at all just let me know and I'll do my best.
You are a gentelman and a scholar...PayPal donation sent early this year. ;-)
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Yup, April 1st, I see that.. That was to cover hosting costs, we've got a couple of things in the pipeline that are above and beyond hosting though.. web development and a tiny bit of physical advertising..
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

higherlimits wrote:Yup, April 1st, I see that.. That was to cover hosting costs, we've got a couple of things in the pipeline that are above and beyond hosting though.. web development and a tiny bit of physical advertising..
No, I meant I just sent you a new donation. :D
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Yeah, I see that now... It hadn't come through yet. Thanks! I'll make sure it gets used to improve the site!
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

higherlimits wrote:Okay.. made some modifications today:

Feedback is back online

Cheers Ian!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

sweet - i have a perm. link to unread posts - now its on the main page its a lot more handy for other comps I end up using

keep up the good work
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

All good stuff but bring back the old white swirl logo. This new one is lame...
The old one had an artistic feel to it, this one feels too something....
Grim
I am everything you hate...
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Blame Adam for that.... Just some experimenting he's been doing
lightschuh
Little Acorn

Post by lightschuh »

Could you possibly put the unread post link on every page? it would make things alot easier! If not, it's cool. ;)
thanks!
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Yeah, I can probably do that... I might need to get rid of something else up there though... maybe the "chatroom" link since there is a chat link on the right side of the header...
lightschuh
Little Acorn

Post by lightschuh »

higherlimits wrote:Yeah, I can probably do that... I might need to get rid of something else up there though... maybe the "chatroom" link since there is a chat link on the right side of the header...
That would probably work. I would say there no need for two links on the top
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Grimtale wrote:All good stuff but bring back the old white swirl logo. This new one is lame...
The old one had an artistic feel to it, this one feels too something....
Grim
How DARE you! :oops:
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Picture resizer is back up.. sorry about that.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

The new logo does suck. Who changed it?
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.