Gigposter: The Fillmore Detroit MI Jul 31st 2010 Rob Jones

Rob Jones at Animal Rummy
trickster
Greek Mod

Gigposter: The Fillmore Detroit MI Jul 31st 2010 Rob Jones

Post by trickster »

Last edited by trickster on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
icdvet
Little Ghost

Re: Gigposter: The Fillmore Detroit MI Jul 31st 2010 (RJ?)

Post by icdvet »

Sic semper tyranis?
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
zman
Little Bird

Post by zman »

Can anyone understand what the poster says? Either way I'm hoping to pick that up tonight. Looks so badass
colditz
Little Acorn

Post by colditz »

It's code -- and I've just worked it out. The first bit is obvious (which gave me most of the letters for the rest).

First bit says ;
"The Dead Weather"

The Bit under the bird target says;
"With Harlem July Thirty First The Fillmore"

*phew* I've not lost it !
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

anyone have one of these EAP posters that they can sell. or does someone know where to get it? my fiance wants it bad and would be agreat wedding present! thanks for any help

Steven
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
zman
Little Bird

Post by zman »

Thanks for solving it, I'm just confused as to what the code letters are from. I'm struggling to see the pattern even after being given the answer :(
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

There is also small writing at the bottom of the poster as well. I won't be home until this evening to put what has already been solved (thanks!) with what is down there. No hand numbering on this one, the small printing could be a number system, I'll look at it better this evening. It also has a silver reflective ink that is used and if I remember the black may have a silver sparkle to it as well. Will know more this evening when I get home and put it to flatten back out.

On a side note, I found the people running merch tonight less than desirable. I believe they were all local folks because no one was wearing a suit or dress. They were slow, rude, and very disorganized. They had already spilled a glass of beverage next to the stack of posters, probably the first 10 posters on the stack when I got there were bent all to hell (I got luck with only minor damage but rolling it on the dirty ass table didn't help), they were throwing records around to the back table when people decided they didn't want them, the were rude about telling people that some T-Shirts only had certain sizes as if the huge crowd already knew that before they asked about sizes, and just a general attitude of "I don't care". Maybe someone else had a different experience, but that was mine. By the time I stood in line for over 15 minutes watching 8 people get waited on the line had made it's way up the staircase to the second floor!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

From your take on it and others I've read on LR it sounds like it was an awesome show. Sorry about the merch booth. I think that tends to be the case in most places. I don't think I've ever had a knowledgeable and friendly merch person at a big show.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
zman
Little Bird

Post by zman »

Heres the poster. The show was awesome, I thought there was a lot of great energy in the building and the encore just brought it to a whole different level. I didn't expect it to be as good of a show as it was.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

That's got to be Bill Murray........................
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... y-rob.html

The ITRPF Street Team brings it to you first again. Beautiful poster by Rob Jones for The Dead Weather show last night in Jack White's home town of Detroit. Metallic silver inks are just stunning. Everything is in some number code. Anyone got a secret decoder ring ?

UPDATE

Using the cipher in the story The Gold Bug by Edgar Allan Poe (thats the guy on the poster) I used it to figure out what the symbols represented. The text/symbols are based on cryptology. If you turn the poster to the left in the center it says The Dead Weather. The long string of text says "WithHarlemJulyThirtyFirstTheFilmore"

Lower left says "PosterbyRobJonesatAnimalrummycom"

Center says "DCTSEVEN" the only symbol I'm not sure about is the one that looks like joined 9's

Lower Right Says "PrintedbyDandLinSeattleWA"

Great pictures of it on EB
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 32&t=55456
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

umm...still wanting one of these posters...sorry to mention it so soon...enter hawke to let me know how it is. j/k but sort of expecting it anyway.
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

IamFrank007 wrote:That's got to be Bill Murray........................
Edgar Allen Poe, I believe. Should have been the Baltimore print. Here's hoping tonight's gigposter is by Rob as well.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

My new favorite poster.. Hoping it will not be too expensive the next months :)
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

EdwardWBjornson wrote:My new favorite poster.. Hoping it will not be too expensive the next months :)
There are 2 auctions with "Buy Now" option at the moment, one at $99.99 with Best offer and one at $74.99
And an ended at $84.99
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426