VAULT #51: CAROLE KING - HOME AGAIN

achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

"New York has given me such an awful lot - stimulus, ideas, feelings to write - the concert is just a small way of giving something back" - Carole King

On Saturday May 26th, 1973 before 100,000 plus fans on the Great Lawn of Central Park in New York City, a generational talent singer-songwriter at the undeniable top of her game enjoyed a humbling homecoming a mere 14 miles from the house in Brooklyn where she grew up. The historic event highlighted the earth-moving power she’d unleashed with her watershed Tapestry (already being touted as one of the highest selling albums in history a mere two years after its release), all the way through her soon-to-be released song-cycle album Fantasy, (her fourth consecutive Lou Adler-produced album to land in Billboard’s Top Ten), Carole King’s performance that day was, according to Jack Nicholson, one of only two current events “proper” to be seen at in public.

Kicking off the show solo by expressing gratitude that a threatening storm had held off, the first portion of the performance highlights recent songs that were nigh-canonical at this point...from “Beautiful” to “Smackwater Jack” to “It’s Too Late” Carole’s deft piano and voice accompaniment is both enrapturing and riveting.

Later joined by her 11 piece band, all bedecked in customized St. Louis Blues hockey jerseys (“the musical note logo looked cool and they were cheaper than suits” said Adler of the sartorial decision) the second half of the gig was resplendent and lush, highlighting the bulk of the songs from Fantasy, and overall, the epitome of a crack band gelling on the material and connecting with the audience. Closing out the evening with “You’ve Got a Friend” dedicated to dear friend James Taylor, the overall feeling conveyed here is simple: joy.

Produced by Lou Adler and released in conjunction with Ode Records and Sony Music, Carole King Home Again is a previously unreleased concert recording and a stunning document of one of the greatest contributors to the American songbook. Presented on two LPs of brick-colored vinyl with one side dedicated to a graphic etching of the Fantasy tour logo. The gatefold jacket and printed inner sleeves feature stellar photos from the performance while the audio here is crisp and beautiful.

Additionally, the professionally filmed performance is presented here in its entirety in pristine quality on DVD. Helmed by the award-winning creatives behind the Coda Collection, the visual tableaux of the concert absolutely shines.

Exclusive to this set is a 7-inch single highlighting the inestimable talents of Lucy Dacus. A long-time fan of Carole King, Dacus recorded transformative covers of “Home Again” and “It’s Too Late” specifically to be included as part of this complete package. Both versions are pure, shining examples of why Lucy Dacus is one of the best singer-songwriters of this generation.

Carole King
Home Again
Produced by Lou Adler
2xLP/DVD tracklist:

1. Beautiful
2. Been To Canaan
3. Way Over Yonder
4. Smackwater Jack
5. Home Again
6. Sweet Seasons
7. It’s Too Late
8. Fantasy Beginning
9. You’ve Been Around Too Long
10. Being At War With Each Other
11. That’s How Things Go Down
12. Haywood
13. A Quiet Place To Live
14. You Light Up My Life
15. Corazón
16. Believe In Humanity
17. Fantasy End
18. You’ve Got A Friend
Lucy Dacus 7-inch tracklist:
1. Home Again
2. It’s Too Late

Lucy Dacus 7-inch tracklist:

Home Again

It’s Too Late
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: VAULT #51: CAROLE KING - HOME AGAIN

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I mean, I’ve said it before, but this REALLY has to be the Vault with the loosest connection to Jack White and or Third Man Records right?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

i actually love this vault since it lets me make a clean break on owning the first 50 vaults and then only buying the future ones i like,,,

so not to be negative, but this is the first vault i opt out of in 12.5 years

its better this way, TMR should definitely expand to other non JW artists and its ok if people opt out of the vaults they dont gravitate to
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Yeah, well, those potential Vault tour benefits for the first month of the tour are going to entice many to stick around.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
benyo
Little Cream Soda

Post by benyo »

achouza wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:32 pm i actually love this vault since it lets me make a clean break on owning the first 50 vaults and then only buying the future ones i like,,,

so not to be negative, but this is the first vault i opt out of in 12.5 years

its better this way, TMR should definitely expand to other non JW artists and its ok if people opt out of the vaults they dont gravitate to
This is crazy, 12,5 years and all 50 vaults. :shock: NICE!
" I wish someone would ask me “how do you get that sound?” they never do. The answer is “I fucking mean it.” " - Jack White
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Sony putting their thumb on the scale again.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
chaptertwentyone
Little People

rsimms3 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:47 am Sony putting their thumb on the scale again.....
Well, I mean, homeboy did sign a deal…
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

chaptertwentyone wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:40 am Yeah, well, those potential Vault tour benefits for the first month of the tour are going to entice many to stick around.
What benefits from the vault are you expecting? Didn't they already charge people hundreds of dollars for early entry.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Stl_ben wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:45 am
chaptertwentyone wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:40 am Yeah, well, those potential Vault tour benefits for the first month of the tour are going to entice many to stick around.
What benefits from the vault are you expecting? Didn't they already charge people hundreds of dollars for early entry.
Shut up, Ben. Overweight, elitist, hipster douche. We got it. Heard you. You pay hundreds for cartoon doodles. You’re better than us. Enough.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

chaptertwentyone wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:05 am
Shut up, Ben. Overweight, elitist, hipster douche. We got it. Heard you. You pay hundreds for cartoon doodles. You’re better than us. Enough.
What? It was a serious question. Do we think they will have early entry for vault as they have historically even though they are charging for it to VIPs?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
ehartsock1991
Little Bird

Post by ehartsock1991 »

I guess if I stayed in for Sleep, I will stay in for this one. At this point, I do own all 50 vaults (only a subscriber since vault 12 though). The completist won't let me quit.
lautrec
Little Bird

Post by lautrec »

[
[/quote]

[/quote]

you don't have to pay to get in early! I don't!
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Stl_ben wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:17 am
chaptertwentyone wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:05 am
What? It was a serious question. Do we think they will have early entry for vault as they have historically even though they are charging for it to VIPs?
Dudes got some anger issues. Get help

Agree Ben, doubtful there is any vault early entry. Unless they hear everyone complaining about the insanely priced tickets but even then, how many combined is that going to be per show? There’s no point of a vault membership anymore since they keep taking away stuff and putting out weak packages
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Tee-hee.
Come on! It’s just a bit.
;)
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE