TMR 10th Anniversary RSD Model Kit by Gin & Apathy

anonymousbrunette
Little People

TMR 10th Anniversary RSD Model Kit by Gin & Apathy

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Gin & Apathy at it again with an 11th hour RSD present to honor TMR's 10 years as a brick & mortar. Now available in bamboo.
TMR G&A 10th Anniversary Smaller.jpg
Looks as though the Vimeo tags on Swirl are kaput but you can find a clever animation here: https://vimeo.com/330029293

More photos and possibly a few extra for sale here: http://ginandapathy.com/custom

On Swirl he's known as Coldsoup. Well done my friend, well done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Jamie
Little Ghost

Re: TMR 10th Anniversary RSD Model Kit by Gin & Apathy

Post by Jamie »

I ordered these, plus I already own the Hotel Yorba set. They're not cheap, but I'm a sucker for crafts and they're really well made.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Yeah, he’s a stickler for the deets. Looks like he’s running a contest to give away two kits over the next 44 hours or so.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwYFwoWgKoW ... xavlj3wpr1
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Mine arrived today and I've got to say I'm actually disappointed. There's far fewer parts, so it's less fun to build than Hotel Yorba was, plus there's no display base included despite there being one pictured in every image of the kit on their website. Feels a little misleading.

The Nashville store is also a little flimsy with the front panel especially being held on with very little. The bottom panels can be pulled away very easily as they're only supported at the top. This on top of the fact that it was more expensive than the Hotel Yorba set ultimately leaves me pretty disappointed, as I had higher expectations.
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

Jamie wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:30 pm Mine arrived today and I've got to say I'm actually disappointed. There's far fewer parts, so it's less fun to build than Hotel Yorba was, plus there's no display base included despite there being one pictured in every image of the kit on their website. Feels a little misleading.

The Nashville store is also a little flimsy with the front panel especially being held on with very little. The bottom panels can be pulled away very easily as they're only supported at the top. This on top of the fact that it was more expensive than the Hotel Yorba set ultimately leaves me pretty disappointed, as I had higher expectations.
Good feedback, sorry you were disappointed. I'm a bit limited by the buildings themselves each time, in the case of this commission the shops are just rectangles, I can't make them more than they are. And you'll notice, while the number of pieces is lower, it took up more bamboo. So more materials, more cutting, larger packaging. All adds up. Despite that I suspect I lost money on them. Making kit models by hand yourself is probably about as financially sensible as running an independent record label. i.e. not in the least. But it's probably the same amount of fun. As for the panels being loose, as it says, natural materials are irregular, but glue fixes all troubles pretty efficiently. I probably sound 'defensive', but I'm going for 'explanatory'. It's good to hear criticisms. And to show there's no hard feelings I'll make you a base and ship it to you.
...if you can hear a piano fall...
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

No need, it's all good. I'm happy to support projects like this because as I said, I'm a big fan of the craft-style merch (these, the nesting dolls etc) and I recognise that most of my criticisms were due to the subject matter rather than any bad design choices, plus I appreciate the amount of skill and effort put into producing things like this. I was just venting my disappointment at the time, mostly caused by my high levels of anticipation for them after building the Yorba set but, as you say, that's a far more interesting building so you had much more to work with.
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

Jamie wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:21 pm No need, it's all good. I'm happy to support projects like this because as I said, I'm a big fan of the craft-style merch (these, the nesting dolls etc) and I recognise that most of my criticisms were due to the subject matter rather than any bad design choices, plus I appreciate the amount of skill and effort put into producing things like this. I was just venting my disappointment at the time, mostly caused by my high levels of anticipation for them after building the Yorba set but, as you say, that's a far more interesting building so you had much more to work with.
No really I'd like to send you one, I think I might send all the web orders I had a base. A few of the things you mentioned I can't control (I forgot to also say that Melbourne is about the most expensive place on the planet to live, a pint costs $16, so they're relatively well priced by our standards) but the fact the base was in photos and not in the kit is something I could have done something about. I just didn't notice to be honest, those were the Third Man display pics and I never shot any others for myself. It all happened quite fast.
mbowers
Little Cream Soda

Post by mbowers »

Man, I'd really love the base. I'd be happy to pay for it too. Shipping has got to be crazy for you to just eat all of that.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

mbowers wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:30 am Man, I'd really love the base. I'd be happy to pay for it too. Shipping has got to be crazy for you to just eat all of that.
Heya! I'm sure G&A would send you one because they're legit, but I happen to have an extra due to mail fuckery and Coldsoup's unrelenting work ethic. PM me your address and I'll forward it along. Prob get there faster too since I'm stateside.

My ISO/FS/FT List
mbowers
Little Cream Soda

Post by mbowers »

Thanks! PM sent!
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

anonymousbrunette wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:02 am
mbowers wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:30 am Man, I'd really love the base. I'd be happy to pay for it too. Shipping has got to be crazy for you to just eat all of that.
Heya! I'm sure G&A would send you one because they're legit, but I happen to have an extra due to mail fuckery and Coldsoup's unrelenting work ethic. PM me your address and I'll forward it along. Prob get there faster too since I'm stateside.
Everything works out.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

A base just arrived in the mail, you really didn't have to but I appreciate the gesture. I've just moved some stuff around and dedicated a shelf to your kits in my display cabinet.

Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I am jealous :D
You have so many cool things !
mbowers
Little Cream Soda

Post by mbowers »

Huge thanks to Ara! I feel like the base really brings it all together
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

It looks great! Apologies for the delay. It really is swell to meet people in real life.

Big Lebowski Rug.jpg

My ISO/FS/FT List