Raconteurs at Third Man Records 04/09/19

Rac-on-tours
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Raconteurs at Third Man Records 04/09/19

Post by shaneoftheroad »

So who's going tonight? I'll certainly be there. Those who went last night said they played the new album in its entirety. I hope they do it one more time tonight!
mangry
Little Ghost

Re: Raconteurs at Third Man Records 04/09/19

Post by mangry »

See ya there!
Hyperbole used for effect!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Oops. There's already a thread discussing these shows. My bad! Delete this one if need be.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:58 pm So who's going tonight? I'll certainly be there. Those who went last night said they played the new album in its entirety. I hope they do it one more time tonight!
I'm sure you are in for basically the same experience as us night. It was unreal. I think the entire crowd had a smile on their face last night, even though we didn't know a single word to almost all the songs. Jack was in a great mood and it was super cool to be so close that we could hear all the discussions between songs.

Before the band even started to play, they came out and the crowd screamed so loud that Benson said "I think this is the first time the crowd deafened me" and you could see him in pain from his in ear's when we yelled.
Last edited by arewhyehen on Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

arewhyehen wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:47 am
shaneoftheroad wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:58 pm So who's going tonight? I'll certainly be there. Those who went last night said they played the new album in its entirety. I hope they do it one more time tonight!
I'm sure you are in for basically the same experience as us night. It was unreal. I think the entire crowd had a smile on their face last night, even though we didn't know a single word to almost all the songs. Jack was in a great mood and it was super cool to be so close that we could hear all the discussions between songs.

Before the band even started to play, they came out and the crowd screwed so loud that Benson said "I think this is the first time the crowd deafened me" and you could see him in pain from his in ear's when we yelled.
Very similar experience tonight! The crowd was all smiles, huge cheers, lots of grooving in the front row. I was able to really watch Jack's hands as he played guitar which was sweet (I know it's probably common knowledge but I never noticed how he plays power chords with his pinky instead of his ring finger!) His new guitars are f-ing beautiful. The band sounded so great, having tons of fun, loose but tight. False start on one of the new songs - it's always fun to see a little hiccup, showing the songs are still new. Jack broke a string during his solo on Blue Veins at the finale. Just all around awesome! I was so gutted to miss tickets when they played the Blue Room back in '11 so it felt great to finally have that experience.

I also hi-fived the guy from Blackfoot Gypsies and said hey to Patrick Carney as we walked to our cars. Hatchet buried!
Hyperbole used for effect!
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

What a night. I’ve been to well over a dozen Blue Room shows and this was my favorite.

Lined up early and met Shaneoftheroad and Mangry and his wife. Great conversation with just really nice folks. A pleasure gentlemen.

I stood a couple people back right in front of Jack which was great. To be able to watch him play guitar that closely was incredible. Dean Fertita on stage as well. I’m a big fan of his so it was exciting to see him. They played the new album in its entirety and then did a four song encore. New songs sound great. I would say it sounds like exactly what you would expect and want from these guys. Some great grooves, melodies, and some great riffs. I think people will be very pleased once the album comes out.

Jack was having a blast. All smiles. New guitars are beautiful. When he broke his string on Blue Veins the guitar tech to the right of us looked mortified. He ran and grabbed a new guitar and stood waiting to hand off but Jack didn’t care and just continued to shred.

A few miscues during the set. Think this was the tightening up for tour that we got to witness. Brendan looked almost nervou or uncomfortable at times. Maybe? I don’t really know how to describe it but seemed uneasy or hesitant if that makes sense. Curious if others go that impression. When the show was over he almost looked emotional. Has he been through something? Maybe I was misreading him.

Hoping I get some Ryman tickets on Friday because I want some more of this.

Cheers.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

Thanks for sharing the post show thoughts! Stoked for this tour
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Hands down the best Racs show I've seen. They killed.
he is everything i hate...
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

elduderino wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:04 pm Hands down the best Racs show I've seen. They killed.
Cool story.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

elduderino wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:04 pm Hands down the best Racs show I've seen. They killed.
Realized I had no idea what you look like. I kept asking random strangers, "are you elduderino?" I was ready to fight all of them. But, as you know, they weren't you. I'm thankful I now only have to do one fight for 2019 in August.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:35 am
Realized I had no idea what you look like. I kept asking random strangers, "are you elduderino?" I was ready to fight all of them. But, as you know, they weren't you. I'm thankful I now only have to do one fight for 2019 in August.
Haha, lolz. We'll have a drink.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

elduderino wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:26 pm
shaneoftheroad wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:35 am
Haha, lolz. We'll have a drink.
On me, man.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

chaptertwentyone wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:12 pm
Cool story.
still unsure why you're such a twat.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

elduderino wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:02 pm
Cool story.
:D :D :D
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

chaptertwentyone wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:07 pm
elduderino wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:02 pm
Cool story.
:D :D :D
stop PMing me you twat.