Raconteurs "Now That You're Gone" Single

Stylophones to Rob Jones
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Raconteurs "Now That You're Gone" Single

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Third Man posted more pictures of the upcoming double-A side Vault single from the Raconteurs. I'm excited as hell for this release.

The Raconteurs
Now That You're Gone
b/w Sunday Driver

pj101ca
Little Acorn

Re: Raconteurs "Now That You're Gone" Single

Post by pj101ca »

Someone get Benson a sandwich
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Someone gave Jean a camera
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

"L"

Good to see the sequence continuing.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Can't say I'm a big fan of the artwork, looks more like a Dead Weather cover than a Raconteurs one.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

runofthemill wrote:"L"

I noticed that as well.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Jamie wrote:Can't say I'm a big fan of the artwork, looks more like a Dead Weather cover than a Raconteurs one.
I'm with ya' on that point. But I have a good feeling about the music. Fingers crossed.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Some one rip this to youtubes ASAP....you know for those of us not in the vault.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

runofthemill wrote:"L"

Shit..looks like I will have to keep this up...
themodvictorian
Little Bird

Post by themodvictorian »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Someone gave Jean a camera
lol.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I've now listened to this single exactly one time. First impressions:

Both tracks are slow/mid-tempo tracks. Neither absolutely blew me away first listen.

Now That You're Gone - Middle of the road, typical Raconteurs song. Acoustic guitars, solos, piano, that gritty sound from most any other Racs song. Many Shades of Black type track a little slower.

Sunday Driver - Has fingerprints of Boarding House Reach with this electronic wah effect used here and there in addition to the Jack Wooing yells. I think once they play this one 50 times in front of an audience and live with it that they'll push the tempo and it'll be a great track but the studio version doesn't do justice. It's a bit of a Sunday Driver as recorded in the studio. It will probably be a bit more dirty live I'm thinking.

If you like the Racs, you'll like these tracks. That's really the best thing I can say about them.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

WHOA! This arrived today and I truly wasn't expecting anything special. But holy shit. From the first couple seconds of "Sunday Driver" I was absolutely in. What a stellar tune. This is the Jack White I've been waiting for the last ten years. Don't get me wrong, his work over the past decade certainly has merit and some of it has been exceptional. But THIS is what Jack White means to me. Catchy, cool grungy rock. I must've spun this song five or six times today. I can't get enough. I love it.

The other side, "Now That You're Gone" showcases exactly why I love Brendan Benson's input into the Raconteurs. What a fantastic tune. I spun this a few times as well. If these songs are any indication of the new album I'm gonna be totally blown away. And even if I'm not I have this single, which has quickly become one of my favorite items in my recent collection. I'll be spinning this several more times over the next few days, I'm sure.

Wow. Just great. Great, great, great.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Huh.
Is this the first TMR record to not have a runout groove etched message or did I miss it?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:06 am WHOA! This arrived today and I truly wasn't expecting anything special. But holy shit. From the first couple seconds of "Sunday Driver" I was absolutely in. What a stellar tune. This is the Jack White I've been waiting for the last ten years. Don't get me wrong, his work over the past decade certainly has merit and some of it has been exceptional. But THIS is what Jack White means to me. Catchy, cool grungy rock. I must've spun this song five or six times today. I can't get enough. I love it.

The other side, "Now That You're Gone" showcases exactly why I love Brendan Benson's input into the Raconteurs. What a fantastic tune. I spun this a few times as well. If these songs are any indication of the new album I'm gonna be totally blown away. And even if I'm not I have this single, which has quickly become one of my favorite items in my recent collection. I'll be spinning this several more times over the next few days, I'm sure.

Wow. Just great. Great, great, great.
Totally agree ! I couldn't say better ! I love new tracks, it is so gooooood !
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

rsimms3 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:28 am I've now listened to this single exactly one time. First impressions:

Both tracks are slow/mid-tempo tracks. Neither absolutely blew me away first listen.

Now That You're Gone - Middle of the road, typical Raconteurs song. Acoustic guitars, solos, piano, that gritty sound from most any other Racs song. Many Shades of Black type track a little slower.

Sunday Driver - Has fingerprints of Boarding House Reach with this electronic wah effect used here and there in addition to the Jack Wooing yells. I think once they play this one 50 times in front of an audience and live with it that they'll push the tempo and it'll be a great track but the studio version doesn't do justice. It's a bit of a Sunday Driver as recorded in the studio. It will probably be a bit more dirty live I'm thinking.

If you like the Racs, you'll like these tracks. That's really the best thing I can say about them.
I like the Beatles chorus in the middle of driver
he is everything i hate...