400 Pounds of Punk

|||
dylnfan
Little Ghost

400 Pounds of Punk

Post by dylnfan »

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but a friend of mine just shared this with me. Excerpt from what appears to be a recent Discogs essay by the one and only Pinball Wizard.

"In late 1997, an aptly-named teen trio called 400 Pounds of Punk (also from St. Clair Shores) recorded a handful of tracks in a makeshift home studio at 1203 Ferdinand Street in Southwest Detroit. The track list is a sparse four songs, with the snotty From the Garbage Bin being my personal favorite. An unlisted hidden fifth track is a rude cover of Blondie’s One Way Or Another with vocal duties shared by the band’s lead singer Jamie Cherry and one of the session engineers, a then-unknown Jack White."

https://blog.discogs.com/en/cassettes-a ... 2018_10_10
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: 400 Pounds of Punk

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Very interesting.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

That Blondie cover is pure gold.
A very inspired, raw and straight from the gut performance.
Combined with the fact that Blondie was the first woman I had a real crush on 20 years prior to the making of this tape an overall epic 03'58.
Thanks for posting this.
And to Ben B., I needed that fix.

I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I was shown this recording a few years ago and we agreed it was a hidden Jack White track. It's cool to have it confirmed publicly. And now that I know the whole thing was recorded at Jack's house I would like to have it for the collection. I'll start having a look around with everyone else. The person who showed me the tape has no interest in selling at the moment.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I actually have snippets of the one way or another recording. The original master was offered me in a sale once for some stupid figure. I can’t recall who it was who was selling though. Same guy who had the original let’s shake hands master I believe. That was sold to TMR at some point before they rereleased it. I’ll see if I can figure it out, this dates back to 2009
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

higherlimits wrote:I actually have snippets of the one way or another recording. The original master was offered me in a sale once for some stupid figure. I can’t recall who it was who was selling though. Same guy who had the original let’s shake hands master I believe. That was sold to TMR at some point before they rereleased it. I’ll see if I can figure it out, this dates back to 2009
I know who it was. Message me if you wanna know.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Jeff Meier. Just found it in my emails.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

higherlimits wrote:Jeff Meier. Just found it in my emails.
That's the fella!