Shipping logistics for Record Labels

Whatever's on your mind, spill it here
achouza
Little Ghost

Shipping logistics for Record Labels

Post by achouza »

Hey guys,
Does anybody have experience drop shipping their record label inventory? For example you ship all your inventory to Amazon and pay a storage & shipping fee and they take care of the orders and logistics?

I travel a ton for work so I have a hard time shipping orders as they come in.

I know amazon offers this (fba, fullfilled by amazon), however I feel too corporate selling these small record label releases on the biggest store on earth....

I was hoping that bandcamp or another company did this. Would anybody else apart from me see value in using these services?

Thanks
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Shipping logistics for Record Labels

Post by arewhyehen »

Why? Putting your label on Amazon could get it a lot more exposure than some other small website. Don't you like more money?
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

arewhyehen wrote:Why? Putting your label on Amazon could get it a lot more exposure than some other small website. Don't you like more money?
Having the records on amazon might not neccesarily give me much more exposure. The bands are small local bands, not very well known. Most buyers would get to the item through links from the bands website / social media. For amazon to give me more exposure I would need people to be randomly searching amazon for the band name (which probably isnt going to happen).
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

achouza wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Why? Putting your label on Amazon could get it a lot more exposure than some other small website. Don't you like more money?
Having the records on amazon might not neccesarily give me much more exposure. The bands are small local bands, not very well known. Most buyers would get to the item through links from the bands website / social media. For amazon to give me more exposure I would need people to be randomly searching amazon for the band name (which probably isnt going to happen).

It could potentially come up in searches with other similar words or suggested items at the bottom of the page or even the "people who bought this also purchased.."

I still think you can't go wrong putting it on amazon.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Except amazon charges for both storage and for shipping....would for sure eat into the small over head there is in the market.
I would recommend just take a day off to ship...or find a friend that will do it.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

Yeah you are right, I cant really go wrong with them

I guess its just a dumb psychological barrier I have to get across. I hate buying vinyl off of amazon (I rather buy off the mom and pop shops) so it applies to selling as well
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Capplr69
Little Bird

Post by Capplr69 »

The warehousing services have been offered by many companies because of the increased demand of online businesses. People are starting these businesses in large numbers but for storing their goods, they have no space and this is when they prefer hiring the warehousing services. I also will soon be availing the Warehousing service Dallas. Have just found the company through a friend.
johnnydougherty
Little Bird

Post by johnnydougherty »

I have experience drop shipping although I agree that its better for you to put it on amazon. I use BRI 3pl as my logistics partner and it all went well. I suggest you find someone who can help you with.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Have me do it...just kidding
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Jettkoral wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:38 am Have me do it...just kidding
way to make light of what appears to be stealing thousands of dollars from people by not shipping their orders.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net