Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

redflag
Little Cream Soda

Re: Forum improvements: Please ban the trolls and super vain

Post by redflag »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
pj101ca wrote:Someone was going to do it. It's fitting that it was Ben. :D

I'm just afraid douchebaggery will end up defining this place. It's not hard to be cool. Let's just be cool.
Seems to kind of be the nature of the beast when it comes to collector's forums. Elitism and one upmanship are all a part of the mix. To a large number of people, being cool IS being a douchbag. The game they play is "Tear 'em down so you can show off your knowledge". Avoid the jerks and enjoy that there really is quite a few people here that are actually decent folks.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

redflag wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
pj101ca wrote:Someone was going to do it. It's fitting that it was Ben. :D

I'm just afraid douchebaggery will end up defining this place. It's not hard to be cool. Let's just be cool.
Seems to kind of be the nature of the beast when it comes to collector's forums. Elitism and one upmanship are all a part of the mix. To a large number of people, being cool IS being a douchbag. The game they play is "Tear 'em down so you can show off your knowledge". Avoid the jerks and enjoy that there really is quite a few people here that are actually decent folks.
+1
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

+1
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

man, this thread was hilly. grim all done being nice and really don't give a shit! he the honey badger!

he is everything i hate...
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Grimtale wrote:I sat back for almost a year and watched this place go to hell without saying a dozen words about it.
Tired of the BS, either I will cause some change around here and get this site back to what it was or I'll get banned in the process.
And as far as what people think about me, ask anyone, I really don't give a shit.
Grim
btw, has ole grim finally got this site back to what it was?
he is everything i hate...