JW 2018 Tour posters

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
RroseSelavy
Little Bird

Re: JW 2018 Tour posters

Post by RroseSelavy »

Thank you so much for the info!

Does anybody know what the prints are selling for this year?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

RroseSelavy wrote:Thank you so much for the info!

Does anybody know what the prints are selling for this year?
Depends on the print.....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Most so far seem to be $30 at the venue. At least thats what people say.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Datch wrote:Most so far seem to be $30 at the venue. At least thats what people say.
Yeah I would imagine most of the lower tier artist will be at that price. If we get a Slater or Rob Jones I would guess closer to $50. And if god forbid they go outside the box and bring in some of the other big gig poster artist like Emek, Stout, Mike Mitchell maybe up to $60+.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
RroseSelavy
Little Bird

Post by RroseSelavy »

Ah, I see how the artist creating the print could factor in regarding price—thank you everyone for your insights. I also greatly appreciate the ballpark price estimates. Thanks again!!!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:
Datch wrote:Most so far seem to be $30 at the venue. At least thats what people say.
Yeah I would imagine most of the lower tier artist will be at that price. If we get a Slater or Rob Jones I would guess closer to $50. And if god forbid they go outside the box and bring in some of the other big gig poster artist like Emek, Stout, Mike Mitchell maybe up to $60+.
Todd already did one in Arizona and I believe it was $30.

Without a doubt the best poster so far was Detroit...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

magicpaper wrote:I've listed the Detroit poster for sale here: http://magicpaper.bigcartel.com/
Thank you! Absolutely blown away by the design and story behind it all. For those who haven't seen it yet, check it out..

chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

The Providence Ampitheater poster is one of my favorites to date.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
RroseSelavy
Little Bird

Post by RroseSelavy »

At the stl show last night, there were two versions of the poster. A holographic looking background for $80, a “regular” background for $30.

No purchase limits. We were pretty early in our lineup, easily in the first 100 to that merch table (there were two) and I watched as bundles of posters were sold to single customers and after maybe 30 people in line, the holographic print was sold out. I bought the other one.

When I asked if they had patches, they brought me two different multipack sets. I don’t think they were advertised or displayed, the people next to me were surprised. With my “savings” from not getting the holographic print, I scooped up the patches too.

While waiting in the security line, a cop came around and told the ppl working the metal detectors that no poster tubes were allowed inside. I still saw a few poster tubes inside. One of the security workers kinda laughed about it.

When I bought my poster, I asked to buy a tube. No tubes for love or money, just rubber bands. I had worried as much and had two garbage bags and a fistful of rubber bands in my purse. I rolled it, banded it, double bagged it, and rubber banded it again. It arrived home unscathed.

Good luck, folks!

AMAZING SHOW!!!!!!!!!!
INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!’
cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

Silent Giants just added both St Louis and Bonner Springs.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

RroseSelavy wrote:At the stl show last night, there were two versions of the poster. A holographic looking background for $80, a “regular” background for $30.

No purchase limits. We were pretty early in our lineup, easily in the first 100 to that merch table (there were two) and I watched as bundles of posters were sold to single customers and after maybe 30 people in line, the holographic print was sold out. I bought the other one.

When I asked if they had patches, they brought me two different multipack sets. I don’t think they were advertised or displayed, the people next to me were surprised. With my “savings” from not getting the holographic print, I scooped up the patches too.

While waiting in the security line, a cop came around and told the ppl working the metal detectors that no poster tubes were allowed inside. I still saw a few poster tubes inside. One of the security workers kinda laughed about it.

When I bought my poster, I asked to buy a tube. No tubes for love or money, just rubber bands. I had worried as much and had two garbage bags and a fistful of rubber bands in my purse. I rolled it, banded it, double bagged it, and rubber banded it again. It arrived home unscathed.

Good luck, folks!

AMAZING SHOW!!!!!!!!!!
INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!’
Rubber bands are the worst. I've mostly stopped buying posters at shows as a result, better off to just buy it online afterwards so it'll be mint! Though to be fair it's not like I see a lot of Rob Jones, EMEK, Stout etc. posters at my shows.
aristosport
Little Bird

Post by aristosport »

Austin poster by Alan Hynes is up for sale on his site
westnashguy
Little Cream Soda

Post by westnashguy »

There were 2 posters at the Austin show, the Texas poster and the more limited Armadillo poster. It was a limit of 2 posters per person. The armadillo poster sold out.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

https://www.toddslater.net/

Todd Slater has a poster up.
aristosport
Little Bird

Post by aristosport »

Can anyone tell me which artist made the poster for the Omaha show and the Grand Rapids show? Have all poster from all 2018 shows and looking only for these two too!