New/First JW Show, Some Questions

Worldwide - Since 2012
Copenhagen1822
Little Bird

New/First JW Show, Some Questions

Post by Copenhagen1822 »

I am new to this site, just looking for some information really. I recently bought 4 GA tickets to see Jack White this summer, I have never been to one of his shows or a White Stripes show, but I have been listening to their music since around '00 so I am looking forward to it even though his music style has changed significantly since when I was listening to them put out new records almost 20 years ago. Some questions I hope you all can help with:

1: Is it common for Jack to meet with fans/sign autographs before/after shows these days? I am taking my younger brother (18) and a few of his friends to their first concert (this one) and it has been hard enough to get him interested in good music these days. I would like to meet Jack and seeing as he does not usually come to my part of the country and we are driving 5 hours to the show as it is, I would like my brother to come back with something neat to remember his first show with, even it is just a handshake or a photo with Jack and I. This is probably fairly uncommon I am guessing, but I have been to many other shows where for a couple grand you can buy VIP passes and meet the artist one on one, eat backstage, cheaper drinks, etc. This show doesn't allow cell phones and I was first in line online for the pre-sale of tickets the minute they went on sale and the best I could get us were general admission floor tickets, no other options were available (I even called the venue to make sure they were not just sold out, as I was willing to pay a pretty penny, and still am if anyone knows how to make this happen)

2: If the above route of being involved with an artist turning producer and Willy Wonka of the music industry lol who is probably on his last BIG tour before focusing on the growing popularity of his badass pursuits outside of making his own music are not really a good way to be involved, what is a good way? I am sure all of you on this site, would like to or have met Jack for various reasons, just to get autographs or to ask a question, whatever. But in reality this guy is just a normal dude who has done a great job of NOT being anything like any other traditional rock star, hes just a good guy, no drugs, no scandals, no real issues. Just enjoying life and finding success with his particular talent. All I have ever heard is he likes to keep to himself, and who can blame him, I would be the same way. Its about the art, not the value of the art for him, this is evident with the banning of all cell phones at the upcoming tour/watching ebay for people selling items exclusive to vault members "vinyl flippers" and banning them. This is why I would like my younger brother to meet Jack specifically and go on to learn to play my collection of old Kay guitars in a band and maybe make something out of it. I had just got him into Soundgarden and we were scheduled to go see them the tour that Chris Cornell decided to disappear forever. Jack is here and I wish I would have had the opportunity to be a part of the early days of the white stripes and such when I was his age, but I was always too busy and they were never nearby. This is kind of the best shot at it for both of us in a way. Bonding over a common interest and really lifestyle that is cool enough to have its own forum lol.

Well, let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Jim
Copenhagen1822
Little Bird

Re: New/First JW Show, Some Questions

Post by Copenhagen1822 »

Bump.. Anyone?
edwardcarlton
Little Bird

Post by edwardcarlton »

Glad you are able to finally see a show and bring some else. His live shows are incredible.

No, it is not very common or easy to meet Jack at his shows. You might be able to catch him as he gets on/off the tour bus, but that is about it. Backstage passes are very difficult to acquire, it's not a monetary thing, it's avaiability. You have to know someone that knows someone directly involved with he tour (band members, stage hands, tour group, venue staff). Even his old backstage passes go for hundreds of dollars on the secondary market. The ones from early tours and even from his latest tour.

I've seen Jack on every tour since 2005 and despite arriving long before the doors open and staying until after everyone else has left, I have never met him. I've tried begging, bribery, and straight up lying to get back stage, nothing has ever worked for me. I gave up trying several years ago. I've seen him from a distance 7-8 times at various events in Detroit and Nashville, but never at one of his shows.

The closest I ever got was when we brushed shoulders at a Pokey LaFarge show last year in Nashville. He left in the middle of his set and by the time I realized who it was, he was already down the stairs and being surrounded by people.

I wish you luck. If you end up meeting him please tell us all about it.
Copenhagen1822
Little Bird

Post by Copenhagen1822 »

Thanks, I’m doing all I can. I want this show to be the most memorable show my brother goes to.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

i've met him a bunch of times. cool guy.
he is everything i hate...
Copenhagen1822
Little Bird

Post by Copenhagen1822 »

elduderino wrote:i've met him a bunch of times. cool guy.

At a performance?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Copenhagen1822 wrote:

At a performance?
Jack came to visit Larry in the slammer. It’s been awhile since he could go to a live show.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

arewhyehen wrote:
Copenhagen1822 wrote:

At a performance?
Jack came to visit Larry in the slammer. It’s been awhile since he could go to a live show.
Didn't they used to ride their racs go-karts together?
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

BUMP.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

chaptertwentyone wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:16 am BUMP.
Why?
he is everything i hate...
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

elduderino wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:12 pm
Why?
BUMP.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

chaptertwentyone wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:48 pm
elduderino wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:12 pm
Why?
BUMP.
Damn you. Now I want to know how the story ends. Did Cope meet the man of his dreams? Or does this get filed away under "reasons you should never meet your hero"?
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org