Jack White 2018 Tour

Worldwide - Since 2012
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Re: Jack White 2018 Tour

Post by IamFrank007 »

Is there a Vault pre sale? I winter in Dominican Rep. No time to read all posts.
Thanks in advance, looking for Detroit show, Arena show blah, will be nice to see new Joe Louis digs.
Any thoughts on a theatre tour, after big show money grab?
Can’t blame an artist for wanting to get paid.
Music is a dying art, pop music is made in the matrix and fed to the masses,via social media.
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I just started looking into the New York gigs and the one I was leaning towards, the Dome Arena show, is out.
Six plus hours by car or eleven plus by train.
NOPE.
It was the most promising though. A big GA floor, and even the seated area didn’t look too awful. The least “arena” venue of this tours stops for me at least.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

The four or five “area” shows for me are all four to seven hour drives, and that’s for a hundred dollar plus arena show. Pass. If he comes ‘round again in the fall maybe I’ll catch him.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

Bikedo wrote:$61 for a ticket though, really?
Might pass
Lucky.. the Dallas tickets:

Ticket Price:
$135.00 - Reserved Price 1
$95.00 - Reserved Price 2
$85.00 - General Admission

gonna have to cash in some Bitcoin to make both shows.... :)
chaptertwentyone
Little People

PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Image
:roll:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Which venue(s) is that for?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

*sigh* Remember when you were in middle school and some people in the class fucked up and the teacher punished everybody? haha Jeez.

Anyway, I can't be checking my phone to make sure it's not an emergency about my wife and kid every single time my phone vibrates 3 and a half hours from home in an unfamiliar city. And those unlock lines will be full of other likewise responsible adults. So I'll wait until he comes to a more familiar city closer to home. If he announces Nashville, I'm in. But I'll keep the money I was gonna spend on St. Louis tomorrow. Unfortunately.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

So on research, seems Chris Rock used it everywhere on his tour in 2017, at least it was the first time they where used in the Netherlands.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

It's sad that this is even a thing, but seems like a pretty elegant solution... Last time I saw Buddy Guy, some lady held a phone over her head the size of a fucking iPad for half the show... so annoying... would just leave my phone in the car, those bulky packs don't look very pocket friendly...
the need to be always connected is a disease, for those of us that remember a time before cell phones... we all made it just fine...
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Can't help but think what would have happened if everybody had have had their phones locked in a bag at the Bataclan or MEN Arena though. Surely a better solution is to just ask people not to use them and then get the staff who would be in charge of opening these bags to enforce it.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I mean, I get it. For those without much responsibilities and for those who don't mind putting their phones in a bag this is the perfect solution. I fucking hate phones being out at shows for texting, photos and videos and all that. Annoying as hell. But with a General Admission ticket, waiting all day for a spot up front and knowing if the phone rings it could be a problem with your kid (thus going to the lobby and losing your well-earned spot only to find out it was your dad wondering how you're doing)... Some of us are just kinda aged out of this particular system. haha Who knows, maybe we shouldn't even be at a fucking rock show. I don't know.

No hate for those who still get to go though. Enjoy the show, for real. Jack's amazing.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

You can instruct your loved ones to only call you when it's an emergency, and block all other calls. Then you know it's not a not important message.

About something happening like Bataclan, the venue / security etc. can call too. They can design areas where you can use your phone, it's probable they can unlock all pouches in an emergency too. Not that your phone will protect you against anything when something like that happens.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Someone said I could set the phone to only ring from certain numbers. I'm gonna look into that. Could be a good solution. I do wanna see that show.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Got both London shows fairly easily, ~£60 each after fees.