Jack White TOPPS Card

Love interruption --->
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Re: Jack White TOPPS Card

Post by Dr.Zissou »

G-squared wrote:
Dr.Zissou wrote:I'll sell mine for an even Million
I'm guessing that I could get you down to 750k.
I'm always willing to negotiate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ACE33
Little Bird

Post by ACE33 »

Image[/url]Jack by cbay10, on Flickr

Damn time flies, one year ago I was at work and received an email from TMR: "You have been selected as one of the lucky few..."
I was surprised because they were supposed to notify the winners the night before not the day of. It's a 5-6 hour drive down to LA so I had to get out of work and get on the road. It quickly started to sink in that I was going to actually meet Jack White so I was pretty much freaking out the rest of the day lol. There is literally no other person in the world I would rather meet and thank. Finally got off work and got on the road at 2:30, picked up my buddy in Fresno on the way.

We arrived at Three Clubs on Vine Street right at 8:30, there were about 20 people in line. Swank came out and joked with us and said they were going to take all of our phones. Went inside, open bar with lots of food and jazz music bumpin. Had a couple beers and met some cool people. As we walked into the main room Jack was leaning against the bar with a drink like a boss. He is just the epitome of cool, like James Dean or Steve McQueen. Sat in the front, listened to the new record and tried not to stare at the guy lol. This song called Three Dollar Hat came on and it sounded very bad ass. Alison finally showed up half way thru. After the record ended Jack introduced the band. L.J was very drunk, high or both, I vote both. He was having a lot of fun.

Headed back out to the main bar after the record was over and ended up next to John C. Reilly. Met Jack out there before he got swarmed again. Before my brain started to overload and melt I managed to thank him and express how much of an honor it was to meet him. He leaned in to me and said 'Hey, let's take a picture'. Very cool of him because I was not going to pester or ask this gentleman for anything more than a hand shake. We looked around but the camera guy was still in the other room. Just my luck! Then more people started to come out and he quickly got pulled away into the swarm and other conversations. I was so in awe just to meet him so I really didn't care. So I just turned back around and hung out at the bar which was now getting more crowded. A minute later I felt someone behind me grab my arm and shove something in my hand. I looked down in my hand, saw the card and realized Jack had reached back thru some people and slipped it to me on the sly. Very cool move and I was super excited. He disappeared out of the back of the building soon after. I've always read the DT 3" stories but never thought I would ever have a similar experience or even meet him. Left about midnight, made it back home at 6am and went to work at 9am with a smile on my face because I just met Jack Fucking White!
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

^^^
:D :D :D
thanks for that.
Life is Music
And Music Isn't A Business
Iggy Pop
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I miss these stories. I miss these one-on-one experiences. Thanks for sharing.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

That was a cool read. I've yet to shake the man's hand but I love hearing from others who have had the privilege. Thanks for sharing.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

:thumbup:
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

These kind of posts want me to have some 'I mf like this post' button.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Thanks for the cool story.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
jesxsmith
Little Bird

Post by jesxsmith »

So awesome :D I love those kinds of posts!
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

maxman142001 wrote:This thread will be dedicated to the new JW Baseball card...
From what I can gather Jack is handing these out personally, similar to the Denial Twist 3" from years back.

Here is a description from someone who got one last night in Kansas:

Jack was getting into a limo after sound check last night and I wished him a good show for later that evening and he handed me the card. It was about a 30 second exchange and he didn't say anything. Pretty surreal.
I snagged one of these, Cept auto is in blue. By the way, he stole three bases in the games played in Florence AL. From the horses mouth. If it weren’t for the autograph, the one that comes in decks would be in the dual card, baseball display case I use to display the Cubs World Series used ball he signed for me. My nephew also got one of these from Jack(Blue ink) and I don’t what he has done with it. If he will let it go, I’ll let one of you ha e it for $5 postage.
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

IM in for $5! Ha!
Never trust a hippy
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

thirdtesla wrote:
I snagged one of these, Cept auto is in blue. By the way, he stole three bases in the games played in Florence AL. From the horses mouth. If it weren’t for the autograph, the one that comes in decks would be in the dual card, baseball display case I use to display the Cubs World Series used ball he signed for me. My nephew also got one of these from Jack(Blue ink) and I don’t what he has done with it. If he will let it go, I’ll let one of you ha e it for $5 postage.
boy. i don't understand a word you say.
he is everything i hate...
chkitabah
Little Bird

Post by chkitabah »

I am willing to offer my card for sale to someone on this forum. My only terms are that I will sell it to the best honest decent offer from someone who is willing to meet in person in the fargo area for the exchange. And I want to do it as soon as in the next couple days. I would want to meet at like the fargo police station downtown to assure that there is no funny business on either sides.
chkitabah
Little Bird

Post by chkitabah »

You can reply on this forum, or if you email me at jenndon897@gmail.com, it will alert my phone. If you have any concerns or questions about the validity of my card, I can answer any questions or send you some pics.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Dang this card is one of the few Jack items I still REALLY want....that being said neither I nor I think anyone on this site is anywhere near Fargo.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net