Grimtale Records

Get in on the ground floor...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Grimtale Records

Post by Stl_ben »

Oh yeah! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have been able to get this and the variant!
Just stating my thoughts on why they are still available.
Certain "collectors" just want the newest / hottest / rarest version.
It's just making it easier for most of us to be able to pick up the more standard ones without sweating the F5!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Stl_ben wrote:Oh yeah! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have been able to get this and the variant!
It's just making it easier for most of us to be able to pick up the more standard ones without sweating the F5!
Believe it or not, I agree with your thoughts. And I'll add my own thought that people have lost sight of what "rare" really means.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Stl_ben wrote:It still available because...
Originally everyone wanted regular releases
then they wanted variants
then test presses got popular and people wanted them, would settle for variants....but took regulars if they had too
then Secret Wax-O editions came out, people really wanted them, then maybe tps, then I guess variants...and regulars started sitting around in stock for a few weeks
now there is some super duper level even above Wax-0 and that went in a flash, then the secret one went next , and then TPs...and now even plane ole variants are sticking around for awhile

A lot of one upping making cooler and cooler things, has evidently left less demand for the boring ole less limited variant / regulars.
i'm just waiting for soap that starts to sweat after awhile.
he is everything i hate...
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Stl_ben wrote:Oh yeah! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have been able to get this and the variant!
They are still available because shopify hung up with 1 in the hopper or someone abandoned checkout and it flaked out.
If you had tried to order it, it wouldn't let you. I had someone complain, its how I found out. I got shopify to fix it this morning.
I do agree that waxmages have dropped demand for regular / variants. Thus a new concept I have in the works...
Mark
I am everything you hate...
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Grimtale wrote:
They are still available because shopify hung up with 1 in the hopper or someone abandoned checkout and it flaked out.
If you had tried to order it, it wouldn't let you. I had someone complain, its how I found out. I got shopify to fix it this morning.
I do agree that waxmages have dropped demand for regular / variants. Thus a new concept I have in the works...
Mark
#SecretSquirrels4Life
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

First Grim TP, great record. Really digging this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mumbercycle
Little Bird

Post by mumbercycle »

Totally forgot this forum existed for a few years. I'm John from The Darners, thanks for buying our records!
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Grimtale wrote:
DLS.jpg
A Message from Danger Limited Sound:
And if the Henry & June madness isn't enough already,
Danger Limited will be selling a different variant on their website when they get it back up and running. They are making the variants so I don't have a lot of details on what they will be but stay tuned and keep a watch out for that.
Is this the first these are seeing the light of day?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/162497885741?_mwBanner=1
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Pretty much so
I am everything you hate...
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

White Buffalo Woman is trying to raise some money so we put some Grim rarities up on Facebook!
It ends tomorrow!
Check it out!
https://m.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-BUFFALO-WO ... mwBanner=1
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Website is gone. ?
teamlamont
Little Bird

Post by teamlamont »

Hello everyone.

I used to be active with the Grim page on Facebook but have cut my ties to the site for my own sanity. Its been a while since Ive heard anything Grim related and like others here checked the site and noticed that it is gone. Does anyone have any updates on the label and its future? Like I said I'm off FB so was wondering if anyone here had any information on whats happening.

Thanks in advance!
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

anyone in the market for anything grim...deals on most..
have a grom-010 i would sell also...pm me or email
spowers50@yahoo.com
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

woodisgood wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:23 am The person who won both got a great deal, IMO. I'd love to see an auction for both in a year and see where the prices are then . . .
more than a year later....but boy do I wish I had sold more of my Grim records at that point. Can't give them away now.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Stl_ben wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:50 pm
woodisgood wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:23 am The person who won both got a great deal, IMO. I'd love to see an auction for both in a year and see where the prices are then . . .
more than a year later....but boy do I wish I had sold more of my Grim records at that point. Can't give them away now.
Some of them still go pretty high.