Dodge And Burn

Bullet holes and photo booths
Jimmy the Exploder
Little Bird

Dodge And Burn

Post by Jimmy the Exploder »

Today, The Dead Weather officially announce their new album Dodge & Burn.

Dodge & Burn will be released worldwide in September 2015 on Third Man Records and will feature eight brand new songs, along with the four previously released tracks remixed and remastered. Alison Mosshart, Jack White, Dean Fertita and Jack Lawrence spent their rare and sporadic free moments over the past year recording together in Nashville. With the members of the band heavily involved in other projects, The Dead Weather will not be touring in support of the new album. Thankfully the thick and heavy Dodge & Burn will satisfy your urges for the dark magic that is The Dead Weather for a very long time.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: Dodge And Burn

Post by chaptertwentyone »

"Dodging and burning are terms used in photography for a technique used during the printing process to manipulate the exposure of a selected area(s) on a photographic print, deviating from the rest of the image's exposure. In a darkroom print from a film negative, dodging decreases the exposure for areas of the print that the photographer wishes to be lighter, while burning increases the exposure to areas of the print that should be darker."
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

As soon as I saw this picture, I couldn't help but think it was taken in Springfield.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:As soon as I saw this picture, I couldn't help but think it was taken in Springfield.
Which Springfield? There are more than a few here in the U.S. of A.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:As soon as I saw this picture, I couldn't help but think it was taken in Springfield.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Hahaha! Is there still time for the DW to be on an episode of the Simpsons before the series ends?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

rsimms3 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Life is Music
And Music Isn't A Business
Iggy Pop
leem96
Little Bird

Post by leem96 »

Is anyone else not a fan of the album art? I love Rob Jones's work but I just thought there would be a more interesting cover. I'd like for it to stick with their colors of black and yellow just like all of Jack's work which stick to particular color schemes. Im just really into album art. Otherwise, I can't wait!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

The album cover does look like it was created by someone who thinks they know what they're doing with Photoshop. Could be the point, who knows? Anyway, I don't like it. But I've liked all the songs I've heard so far, excited for the album.
leem96
Little Bird

Post by leem96 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:The album cover does look like it was created by someone who thinks they know what they're doing with Photoshop. Could be the point, who knows? Anyway, I don't like it. But I've liked all the songs I've heard so far, excited for the album.
Yeah I work with Photoshop a lot and it's nothing crazy considering what Rob Jones does with Jack's concert posters. Still can't wait for this album. DW still brings the most energy out of all his work recently. Blunderbuss and Lazaretto were great in their own ways but what I love out of his work is the heavier stuff which wasn't as present besides a certain few songs like Sixteen Saltines or Lazaretto. His in your face guitar work and energy I think we're watered down a little bit when the other instruments were added. But I think this album has tons of potential considering tracks like Rough Detective which is my favorite track so far.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

You'd think they might've actually used the photographic processes of dodging and burning on the sleeve art of Dodge and Burn...
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Post by littlecreamsoda3 »

leem96 wrote:Is anyone else not a fan of the album art? I love Rob Jones's work but I just thought there would be a more interesting cover. I'd like for it to stick with their colors of black and yellow just like all of Jack's work which stick to particular color schemes. Im just really into album art. Otherwise, I can't wait!
I know that the photo was shot by Swanson. Not sure if he manipulated it though. The cover is a bit out there but I really would like to know more about it.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yeah, I was looking at the closeups of the band members on TMR's Instagram and there's some manipulation (beyond just LJ's finger, of course), but can't tell if it's on the original photo (and who knows if Swanson's original was digital or film) or done by Rob when he put the art together.
littlecreamsoda3
Little Bird

Post by littlecreamsoda3 »

Kali Durga wrote:Yeah, I was looking at the closeups of the band members on TMR's Instagram and there's some manipulation (beyond just LJ's finger, of course), but can't tell if it's on the original photo (and who knows if Swanson's original was digital or film) or done by Rob when he put the art together.
The main thing that stood out to me was the lightening of the eyes. Could have been done by dodging. I am guessing they used film, only because it's Jack. Hoping we get more information in the future!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yeah, the eyes are what stood out to me, too. And their jackets seem to have had that blue tinge added to them.