Rob Jones Raconteurs Poster Sale

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Lil Tuffy and more...
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Rob Jones Raconteurs Poster Sale

Post by Alabama Woody »

Stl_ben wrote:No wood or handbills for Ryman 2011 show.
I'm talking 08
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Alabama Woody wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:No wood or handbills for Ryman 2011 show.
I'm talking 08
OK, Im talking 11...wish there was a wood version of that monster of a poster!
Some day Ill get a wood version, but this isn't that day.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

That was the first time I saw Jack White live !!!

The next time was at the War Memorial in Nashville as the Dead Weather. I bought that hatch print from Ara, that's how I found this website. It took me a while to realize how merch crazy his fans were. I got home in 08 and a few days later saw my RJ print was selling for like $300 plus. That's when I kind of figured out merch was sought after. I always buy a Hatch Print at the Ryman. My Brother actually bought the RJ poster but he left it in my car and I stole it from him. He only bought it because he heard people talking about how much they would sell for :clap: So I stole that one from him and gave him $30 for it then told him they were selling for $300 .... :evil: It is a very cool poster !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

RACONTEURS POSTER SETS

These are my favorite posters I have done (specifically the lobby card ones) and I'm finally putting them up for online sale on Wednesday May 7, 2014 (sad I have to include the year on there).

Two separate sets available. If you buy both, I will endeavor to ensure numbers match through both sets:

SET 1 - The Raconteurs 2008 posters

The Raconteurs 2008 poster set includes all 27 of my posters from the 2008 Consolers of the Lonely tour. They will be shipped in two packages. One flat pack containing the 20X26 and smaller posters, and one large tube containing the larger posters. All orders will also receive an exclusive color variant of the skeleton king Vancouver poster, both versions of the Mercy Lounge handbills, and some assorted surprise handbills from throughout the tour.

Sets will cost $1100 plus $65 shipping for domestic orders, $125 for Canadian orders, $160 for foreign orders excluding Australia, and $180 for Australian orders. All foreign orders are shipped INTL. Priority. All foreign orders will get an extra surprise to make up for the shipping costs which have risen even higher since the last set sale.

Please check out all 27 posters on animalrummy.com.

SET 2 - The Raconteurs 2011

The Raconteurs 2011 poster set includes all 3 of my posters from the 2011 gigs. They will be shipped in one large tube.

Sets will cost $150 plus $15 shipping for domestic orders, $35 for Canadian orders, $53 shipping for foreign orders including Australia (weird).

Please check out all 3 posters on animalrummy.com.

Wooden Variants

I have wooden versions also available at the front of the poster section of the following Raconteurs shows: Ferrara 8.9, Vancouver 9.18, Seattle 9.19, Memphis 9.29, Nashville 9.30, and Bonnaroo.

Please email for price and availability.

And that's that. Hope to see you on the 7th.

Cheers

RJ
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Just wanted to put my 2 cents into this discussion. I'd suggest that if you're only interested in purchasing a full set to pull a couple posters out of the set, to refrain from doing so. Unless you're willing to sacrifice A LOT of time and effort, it's really difficult to sell off a set completely. I only speak from experience. Purchased a full set of White Stripes '07 posters, pulled only 2 for myself, and the rest I sold at cost. Granted, if collectors were looking for some of the more sought out posters I made a stipulation that they must purchase an additional "x" many posters in addition to the sought out poster. But still, I had quite a few leftover that I was unable to sell at cost. With patience, I did find buyers whether it was Ebay or Expressobeans. Didn't make a dime extra (wasn't my intention to begin with). So basically it was a huge favor to those who weren't willing to commit to a whole set and grab posters they really wanted out of the set. And be ready for some lowball offers to some (some very active and reputable collectors on this forum).

But then again, it was a cool experience. I met some very righteous collectors that also helped me with this endeavor. Felt like my gift to the community. Learned much about posters, handling, and packing.

So again, unless you're looking to keep the entire set or quite a few posters out of the set for yourself, the idea of purchasing and distributing is very difficult, time consuming, and a very big effort. Thought this would be useful information for anyone considering. I'd be happy to answer any other questions about my experience if you'd like to PM me.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I’m not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but I just noticed Rob put up about two and a half pages worth of old Raconteurs posters up.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

New ones on the site NOW!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

When?
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Great read on there too;
YOU LIKE RACS? WE GOT RACS.
YOU LIKE RACS? WE GOT RACS.

The Raconteurs are on the prowl again with a new album and an extensive tour. Help Us Stranger is available now and quite the corker. In true Racs fashion, I got asked about cover art pretty close to the release date.

Fun fling with the ghost of Christmas Past getting to work with Patrick Keeler again who also shot the photos for the record art. I have to credit Tristan McNatt, a TMR design stalwart, who provided the inspiration that eventually led us to the final cover image. Should probably also thank happy childhood memories of the classic Star Trek episode “Who Mourns for Adonais?"

I now involuntarily think of the Raconteurs whenever I’m driving (or walking on occasion) and see an illuminated crossing signal. Optically hoist by my own petard I guess. If the Racs are playing in your town, ignore the crossing signals and risk the broken leg to get to the show.

KNOXVILLE, NASHVILLE, BASHFUL, GRUMPY AND DOC

Due to Mondo commitments, I knew I would only have time for a few posters for this tour as Racs stuff tends to take way longer to produce. Roe Peterhans and Sarah Stawski of TMR asked which cities I would want to tackle. It was a fairly easy choice.

As hinted by the Sun Sphere on my desk, I adore Knoxville. It’s where we spend Christmases with my sister. There are a few Raconteurs posters already in her house, and I wanted to make sure to create one for a show in her city. After that I asked for Nashville as I hoped to keep my “Agent Alice” series going from past Raconteurs’ hometown shows.
https://www.animalrummy.com/blogs/news/ ... e-got-racs
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”