LaurieAK
Little Acorn

Re: Album: Sea of Cowards

Post by LaurieAK »

ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

That guy has like the coolest job ever, seriously!
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows
FaytLJake
Little Acorn

Post by FaytLJake »

Sea of Cowards out May 11

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CHhhx7xDIts&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CHhhx7xDIts&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
St.Andrew on the Little Room
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Track list:

1. Blue Blood Blues
2. Hustle And Cuss
3. The Difference Between Us
4. I'm Mad
5. Die By The Drop
6. I Can't Hear You
7. Gasoline
8. No Horse
9. Looking At The Invisible Man
10. Jawbreaker
11. Old Mary

CD preorder
http://thedeadweather.kungfustore.com/c ... s-cd-tdw23
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

The album cover.

Now I hate to sound like one of those jerks that complain about every single little deal, but to me the album cover really sets the tone for the whole album. I mean Horehound, holy shit what a beautiful cover, full of dark mystery like the music. It's this perfect little art capsule. I remember Jack saying in many interviews he likes to buy the album in physical form mostly for the cover art.

Now this album cover was "done with a polaroid camera and pieced together". The album isn't out yet it's true and from what we know about TMR, I'm sure there's lots of surprises down the road but to have the same "imagery" as the actual music video seems pretty commercial to me, very out of the ordinary. It almost seems very "comic". In an album that jack says is very "metephoric" and "heavy" just seems a little bit odd to me, like a calculated marketing strategy.

Maybe because horehound was a really improved beautiful situation that can't be replicated that it's time to move on to more calculated art. Even listening to the new singles seem very "planned," maybe the album cover balances it all out? to me sometimes there's nothing worse than confusion, or maybe thats the message.

Sorry people, I think very deeply about "albums" as a whole and I had to scratch my head a couple times THUS FAR, I'm sure it will come to me :) Looking forward to seeing what people's opinion on it that put thought behind it, not just "I'm digging this cover very much! Lovin' LJ's "happy Buddha"-esque mask (looks like to me)! Awesome :-) "
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

hawke000 wrote:The album cover.

Now I hate to sound like one of those jerks that complain about every single little deal, but to me the album cover really sets the tone for the whole album. I mean Horehound, holy shit what a beautiful cover, full of dark mystery like the music. It's this perfect little art capsule. I remember Jack saying in many interviews he likes to buy the album in physical form mostly for the cover art.

Now this album cover was "done with a polaroid camera and pieced together". The album isn't out yet it's true and from what we know about TMR, I'm sure there's lots of surprises down the road but to have the same "imagery" as the actual music video seems pretty commercial to me, very out of the ordinary. It almost seems very "comic". In an album that jack says is very "metephoric" and "heavy" just seems a little bit odd to me, like a calculated marketing strategy.

Maybe because horehound was a really improved beautiful situation that can't be replicated that it's time to move on to more calculated art. Even listening to the new singles seem very "planned," maybe the album cover balances it all out? to me sometimes there's nothing worse than confusion, or maybe thats the message.

Sorry people, I think very deeply about "albums" as a whole and I had to scratch my head a couple times THUS FAR, I'm sure it will come to me :) Looking forward to seeing what people's opinion on it that put thought behind it, not just "I'm digging this cover very much! Lovin' LJ's "happy Buddha"-esque mask (looks like to me)! Awesome :-) "
Well with the Racs it was themed as well - think COTL and all that flowed from there. Not to mention GBMS + IT with the covers matching the first film clips.

But I do prefer the style of the Horehound cover by far - the album art was good
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Oh Yeah, themed absolutely thats what makes Third man bands so great is the package. Jack mentioned in a recent interview in Australia whenever he sees band he picks apart every little detail to understand why it is that way. With this, basing all of your art from a music video seems a little odd to me.
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

So.. pre-order starts today (3 PM i think).
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

EdwardWBjornson wrote:So.. pre-order starts today (3 PM i think).
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

hhmmm... i wonder if they're gunna include anything special with the orders? or certain number of orders....at least thats the feeling i get everytime they post the news up like this ahead of time....like why else have a set time and date for a pre-order sale?

for a second i thought i was going to have to be late to one of my classes today... turns out, i forgot i could just go to class earlier and post up on the cpu's at school.... ;)
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

trickster wrote:
EdwardWBjornson wrote:So.. pre-order starts today (3 PM i think).
ordered my copy of THE DEAD WEATHER - Sea Of Cowards
order number is: 4509
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

4505, Nice price.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

4510... this pre-order was sooooooooooo anticlimactic
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

haha 4533 nice price indeed
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"