COMPLETE Raconteurs discography

Stylophones to Rob Jones
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: COMPLETE Raconteurs discography

Post by Kali Durga »

Still waiting for mine, too. It was apparently shipped on 12/18. At what point should I begin to get impatient &/or worried?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Kali Durga wrote:Still waiting for mine, too. It was apparently shipped on 12/18. At what point should I begin to get impatient &/or worried?
Gulp.
I bought mine after I saw you purchased one figuring, "Hey, if it goes array I won't be the only one"
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

I had stuff shipped from the UK in mid-December that hasn't arrived yet. I guess US Customs has a backlog due to the holidays. As Paypal has a 40 day time-limit (is it 40?) I usually give it 30 before contacting the seller.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Considering all the issues I've had with domestic USPS packages over the last month, that's ^^ what I figured-- Stuck with either customs or the USPS. The holidays always throw them for a loop.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

That's for damn sure.
I had a package leave Queens (a twenty minute trek from my town) only to now be in New Jersey.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

chaptertwentyone wrote:That's for damn sure.
I had a package leave Queens (a twenty minute trek from my town) only to now be in New Jersey.
New Jersey customs is a bitch. :lol:
chaptertwentyone
Little People

My package has been through Jersey? Keep it. ;)
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Damn, this is lovely. So worth the money and the wait. Shows from that tour were f'ing killer. Bang Bang into Broken Boy Soldier is one of the most tremendous things ever.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Cool, I'm happy that you love it. I told you the Live is awesome, the sound really great and Bang Bang ... How to describe the power of this song, sing by Raconteurs. There is 10 songs on this LP and this is the original list at Leeds festival :

01 Fistfull Of Dollars - Intro
02 Intimate Secretary
03 Level
04 Steady, As She Goes
05 Together
06 Floating
07 Store Bought Bones
08 Bang Bang
09 Broken Boy Soldiers
10 The Christian Life
11 Blue Viens
12 Headin For The Texas Border
13 5 On The 5
14 Hands

4 songs aren't on the LP, not a big problem, but maybe I would love to hear Intimate Secratery. Well, it's a real good Live and even if it's a bootleg, I love this show.
You can also watch the Live on youtube.
Like the intro !

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ah, thanks for posting the video!
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

You're welcome ! ;)
Thinkfirst
Little Bird

Post by Thinkfirst »

Is this considered rare?
I saw one in my record store for 25€ (about 30$), but thought the price was a bit steep for an unofficial recording.
So the sound quality is great you say? I'm listening to the show right now and it sounds like a good one.
I'm a bit short on money (certainly after i saw the new vault package), so not convinced yet to pick it up.
But is it true that there are only 500 copies made of this? If that's true i might pick it up.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Thinkfirst wrote:Is this considered rare?
I saw one in my record store for 25€ (about 30$), but thought the price was a bit steep for an unofficial recording.
So the sound quality is great you say? I'm listening to the show right now and it sounds like a good one.
I'm a bit short on money (certainly after i saw the new vault package), so not convinced yet to pick it up.
But is it true that there are only 500 copies made of this? If that's true i might pick it up.
Never trust numbering on a bootleg.

$30 seems reasonable. It is a nice clear recording. Personally I try not to spend much more than $30 on a bootleg, but this one is worth that for the cover image alone.
Thinkfirst
Little Bird

Post by Thinkfirst »

Bought it today, it is AMAZING!!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Welcome to the club, very cool that you're enjoying it ;)

Honestly, though, has anyone ever heard a recording of a Racs show that wouldn't be worth $30?