Neil Young Rumor

Your Turntable's Not Dead
MuleSkinner
Little Acorn

Neil Young Rumor

Post by MuleSkinner »

I was reading a post on another website about the recent Neil Young shows at Carnegie Hall

here's what was said

i gotta just say...as a long, LONG TIME neil fan etc...
for him to do the exact same set 2 nights in a row, with all the hype he threw out about these shows....its just silly...he's such a bullshitter...
like when he says he doesnt ever use a set list...then EVERY NIGHT IS THE SAME SET...
really disappointing...
I wanted to go see these show but knew that i would come away feeling dissapointed...
"Digging deep"into the song archive?? this is straight up "greatest hits"...weak...IMHO.

ok..SPOILER ALERT...
i was sworn to secrecy.... but let it be known...
his next LP, coming in FEB, is a collaboration with JACK WHITE...YES...NO SHIT!!!!
and its...
HORRIBLE...!!! WANKERY BEYOND BELIEF...in a limited edition package for HIGH BUCKS...
6" records..YES!! six inch singles...!!!!
with horrible sound as a "bonus"...!!
I AM NOT KIDDING!!!!!

ok...deep breath.,..THIS IS FOR REAL>.....
i heard it this week...those doubting this post...
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Re: Neil Young Rumor

Post by bkramer10 »

There was something about this in another thread I think. But apparently it's covers recorded in the record booth. So it's probably bad quality. And I wouldn't say its a collaboration, just used the record booth
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

It would be cool if they recorded a bunch of songs in a row and are offering those original disks for sale. I would pay a bit of money for one of those.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:It would be cool if they recorded a bunch of songs in a row and are offering those original disks for sale. I would pay a bit of money for one of those.
I don't see them selling the originals but that would be cool.

I think it's interesting that they are doing this record booth recording set, but damn the quality is so terrible. Especially disappointed (yes, i said it) because Neil is an incredible artist, probably my favourite of all time, and they are recording stuff like that. Hopefully they do it in a studio too.
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

I'm still sour about those Carnegie Hall ticket prices... WTF Neil???
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:It would be cool if they recorded a bunch of songs in a row and are offering those original disks for sale. I would pay a bit of money for one of those.
Dave was telling me about another musician who did this, can't remember now who it was. Wanted to record 30 to sell to fans, but could only make it through 29 because the booth got so hot.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Kali Durga wrote:
Dave was telling me about another musician who did this, can't remember now who it was. Wanted to record 30 to sell to fans, but could only make it through 29 because the booth got so hot.
Damn! With all these 6" recordings floating around out in the world it's odd that only 5 or so have been shared here. Where are you, people? (Actually, I guess this issue should be raised in the Recording Booth thread)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Damn! With all these 6" recordings floating around out in the world it's no wonder the thing is so cantankerous and always breaking down (Actually, I guess this issue should be raised in the Recording Booth thread)
Fixed that for you.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Kali Durga wrote:
The Alarm "68 Guns" ?
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Kali Durga wrote:
It was Mike Peters from The Alarm
Never trust a hippy
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Just to stay off topic: Saw the Alarm a few times in the 80's and they were awesome.
I spray painted a briefcase with the bands name and the poppy symbol and rocked the small town I lived in at the time.... sweet memories.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

God I wish they had gone into the studio not the booth. My two favorite musicians in the world. If they did not make it into a proper studio then that just sucks .... Epic fail if that chance was blown. All Neil talks about is music sound quality, this lofi recording doesn't fit his style. Jack must of had some kind of effect on him !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

ok..SPOILER ALERT...
i was sworn to secrecy.... but let it be known...
his next LP, coming in FEB, is a collaboration with JACK WHITE...YES...NO SHIT!!!!
and its...
HORRIBLE...!!! WANKERY BEYOND BELIEF...in a limited edition package for HIGH BUCKS...
6" records..YES!! six inch singles...!!!!
with horrible sound as a "bonus"...!!
I AM NOT KIDDING!!!!!

ok...deep breath.,..THIS IS FOR REAL>.....
i heard it this week...those doubting this post...

damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

2crazikids wrote:I'm still sour about those Carnegie Hall ticket prices... WTF Neil???
I went on Monday for $50-75... a bit high but not too terrible. got them from Carnegie's website about 12 hours after the sale too
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

Its like two overenthusiastic teenagers. They got so excited they didn't make it to the studio.