can we expect new album or more shows 2012/2013

Discuss The Racs here
Boonth76
Little Cream Soda

can we expect new album or more shows 2012/2013

Post by Boonth76 »

I know jack white is still touring but after that run in 08 the next week he starts recording w/ tdw. I dont think anything will happen until jack white is done touring but who is going to release something first TDW or the racs, personally i think the racs will most likely release something first i mean its been 4 years and all we got wa an unreleased single and a couple concerts in late 2012 :(
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: can we expect new album or more shows 2012/2013

Post by Kali Durga »

He's already said that when he finishes this tour he wants to go right back into the studio to finish up the songs leftover from Blunderbuss for a second solo album. But, of course, you have to take everything that Jack says with a pile, not a grain, of salt, so speculating as to what we might see from which band is really kind of an exercise in futility. Or cheap entertainment, depending on your perspective.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

i had the distinct feeling that they did some composition work last September but it was still a little raw with the individualism for them to fully agree that these were a group composition as opposed to individual compositions that would do with a helping friend

fortunately Brendan got his release out this year and the Greenhornes put some time in promoting their projects... i think next year we will see a fully wisened group of musicians come together and expand their numbers for what i would dare say is a superduper grouper

i can see the Peacocks combining with a Raconteurs production/tour most definitely and Los Buzzardos seem to be moving more towards the Dead Weather sound and style of aggressive delivery as far as i can tell... can you imagine getting all those musicians in one room?? i think its likely that we will see this sort of thing take off even if we dont quite get the outcomes we had hoped for :?:
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

Personally I'd be about a hundred times happier to hear about a new Raconteurs album and concert tour than more Dead Weather. But with the recent news and band photo, it sounds like it's going to be TDW up next. Oh, well. At least I'll be saving money by not buying a bunch of concert tickets. (I'll get the album no doubt, but I have no motivation to see The Dead Weather live.) So what does that mean for the next Raconteurs album? At least another year or two down the road? It's already been five and a half years since Consolers of the Lonely, and now it's likely to be seven or eight years or more before we get to hear new Raconteurs. Might be time to give up hoping for anything more at all from this band.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

DeeBee wrote:Personally I'd be about a hundred times happier to hear about a new Raconteurs album and concert tour than more Dead Weather. But with the recent news and band photo, it sounds like it's going to be TDW up next. Oh, well. At least I'll be saving money by not buying a bunch of concert tickets. (I'll get the album no doubt, but I have no motivation to see The Dead Weather live.) So what does that mean for the next Raconteurs album? At least another year or two down the road? It's already been five and a half years since Consolers of the Lonely, and now it's likely to be seven or eight years or more before we get to hear new Raconteurs. Might be time to give up hoping for anything more at all from this band.
I'm happy that the Dead Weather are working together. I really like the Raconteurs but it looks like that might be over. They did the mini tour with no new songs and after that it seems like maybe Jack was not feeling it or maybe him and Brendan do not see eye to eye. Who knows. I'm sure dyeing for that 3rd Rac's LP. I'm glad I have sought after all the Raconteurs stuff I could get my hands on. That may be it. I wish TMR would do a Rac's Tri color. It even seems other than the copper that they have all but forgot the Rac's.
Time will tell.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

Yeah, maybe it is all over for that band. But in that case, they should make an announcement, and not keep dragging it out forever, and letting us all keep hoping for more Raconteurs, and then being disappointed again. Wasn't that part of the reason why they went ahead and announced that The White Stripes were over? After all that Jack had said about having new TWS songs and being ready to record, and all that. White Stripes fans all over the world were holding our breath for a new album and a new tour. Then - boom! - The End. I guess it just goes to show that you can't really count on anything until it's actually there. When they announced the end of the Stripes, they had not done any new music for over three years. Now it's been over five years of nothing new (besides merch) for the Raconteurs. Just keeping the fans in suspense forever. Maybe they think suffering is good for our souls or something, who knows. :roll: But never mind my kvetching. It's just that I'd just like to hear something substantial, one way or the other.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I went around the country to see multiple Jack solo shows, I went across Europe to see multiple Raconteurs shows, I'd cross the globe for just one more Stripes show, but I'll probably just catch the one Dead Weather show at the nearest venue as long as tickets aren't too expensive and the venue isn't crap.
alanl
Little Cream Soda

Post by alanl »

How about a special Ws show just for Platinum vault members? who wouldn't spend there last pay check to see that???
How about at the Masonic Temple!

Jack White 'saves' Detroit music venue
Jack White has performed at the Masonic Temple on several occasions

A legendary music hall in Detroit is to be named after Jack White after the musician "saved" it from auction.

The White Stripes star anonymously paid the $142,000 (£92,480) tax bill for the Masonic Temple, where Jimi Hendrix, The Who and the Rolling Stones performed.

He intervened days before the 14-storey venue was to be put up for sale.

JACK AND MEG WE REALLY MISS YOU!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr. Natural - The Whole Universe is Completely Insane!
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Very cool that Brendon's so happy with what he's working on these days :)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."