Vault issues (technical)

mojoryan
Little People

Vault issues (technical)

Post by mojoryan »

There have been numerous threads regarding the Vault, and issues that we've had with the Vault mentioned throughout. Unfortunately, this does me no good if/when I encounter similar issues, because with all the Vault threads and all the issues, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. That said, hopefully this thread can be a home for just those topics.

I know I saw it addressed somewhere -or at least a similar issue- about people not being able to log in to the Vault after they've purchased their account. I have had an account for a while now, and had no issues logging in...ever...but I just purchased one for my son, and he can't log in. He can't even log in to the TMR store. He changed his password, and it allowed him to log in to the store once, but then it stopped recognizing the new password.

Thoughts?
Thanks.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Vault issues (technical)

Post by Alabama Woody »

I don't know. I signed up a couple of weeks ago and I signed my son up last night. We have had no problems signing in. We did have to register again for the new vault. Did not just sign in with the UN/PW from the old one but signed up/registered for the new one. Did you do that? Otherwise I don't know. We use the same UN/PW for the store and the Vault.

Don't know if that's the best way but that's how we did it.

1. Sign in to store at TMR
2. Purchased Vault membership
3. Registered for the new Vault
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
tmv
Little Bird

Re: Vault issues (technical)

Post by tmv »

mojoryan,

Please contact vault@thirdmanrecords.com if you are having issues ( or feel free to DM here ), so we can make sure to get your issue solved sasp as well as make sure this is not a wider problem that might be affecting others.

Currently, the only issue we are aware of is an issue with Paypal not allowing a limited number of international customers to purchase subscriptions.

Todd
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Does the Chat work for anyone right now?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

runofthemill wrote:Does the Chat work for anyone right now?
Yes, as long as you don't mind Baseball chat.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Hmm. It shows 0 people in the room for me, and has since Friday. Not sure what that's about. I feel so lonely.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Did Strange Times find its way over from Modlife or something?

How's the chat takeover going, Ben?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:Did Strange Times find its way over from Modlife or something?

How's the chat takeover going, Ben?
Chat has been super good 90% of the time...it appears most people are just stopping the chat when TRE shows up till she sees her own way out.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I wish there was a checkbox to keep you logged in.
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

Jamie wrote:I wish there was a checkbox to keep you logged in.
+1
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

profsteenmarter wrote:
Jamie wrote:I wish there was a checkbox to keep you logged in.
+1
I posted something along those lines in a comment on the Vault. Actually, a couple of comments. Might have to e-mail Mr. Valentine and ask if that could be installed.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Well, signing my son up for vault membership version 2.0 has begun, and with one week to spare.
He has an entirely new email address dedicated solely to TMR;
created a new sign in at the TMR store front with the aforementioned email addy;
put the platinum membership in the cart (not the lotion in the basket...although I couldn't help but think that when I typed it...but I digress...);
chose paypal as method of payment;
logged into my paypal account after being redirected there;
agreed to pay;
was directed back to the storefront;
clicked "place order;"
received the following message in a dropdown from the top of the screen, "This customer already exists."
:evil:

It seems to me that because I tried to use the same PayPal account for both his and my vault sub payment, that it won't allow me to do so.
SURELY everyone who has multiple subscriptions uses the same PayPal account to pay, right? Woody? How about you, brother?
...words to live by.
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Well, here I am again-bumping this thread I started, with yet another Vault subscription frustration.
I was told that multiple orders could NOT be placed through the same paypal account, so I created a paypal account for my son so he could continue receiving his Vault subscription. No biggie. Well, my payment went through earlier this month; the payment for my son's vault went through on the 26th....and....a SECOND vault subscription payment went through on MY account today. At this point, I'm so damn scared the account will get screwed up even worse, I'm just going to suck it up and keep the damn second one. Ugh...All this shit started when they switched from Modlife hosting. I love 'em, I really do...but they just can't seem to wrangle this switch into submission.
...words to live by.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Damn Mojo, I had not seen your post from back then.
I checked and what we are currently doing is he has a vault account as do I. We each have our own credit cards, we are set up for auto renew. I still pay for his but we got him a credit card when he was 16 and we have been using it to help build his credit, even though I still am a softy and pay his bill.
But. At first we each had an account and I paid for both with my PayPal.
Sounds like you have a classic it said it didn't take but it did deal. So if I understand right you now have 3 vault packages?
I don't know what to tell ya ....
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Alabama Woody wrote:Damn Mojo, I had not seen your post from back then.
I checked and what we are currently doing is he has a vault account as do I. We each have our own credit cards, we are set up for auto renew. I still pay for his but we got him a credit card when he was 16 and we have been using it to help build his credit, even though I still am a softy and pay his bill.
But. At first we each had an account and I paid for both with my PayPal.
Sounds like you have a classic it said it didn't take but it did deal. So if I understand right you now have 3 vault packages?
I don't know what to tell ya ....
Yup, I'm getting three. The money for the third (unexpected) pkg was earmarked for something else, and wasn't even all there-$25 was drawn from my bank account (the back up fundong source). I had cushion, thank goodness, otherwise I would have been a little more than annoyed.
...words to live by.