Are These Concert Posters Real?

Rob Jones, Print Mafia, Lil Tuffy and more...
AJ123
Little Ghost

Re: Are These Concert Posters Real?

Post by AJ123 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:I don't see why someone would want these. They are basically promotional trash, but if you like it, go for it. I'm sure I've got some stuff people would regard as trash.
So do promo posters not gain value? They look like they could be somewhat rare in the future if there are only 300 of them.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

AJ123 wrote:
orangeshoeskid wrote:I don't see why someone would want these. They are basically promotional trash, but if you like it, go for it. I'm sure I've got some stuff people would regard as trash.
So do promo posters not gain value? They look like they could be somewhat rare in the future if there are only 300 of them.
This post nailed it..
rsimms3 wrote:These are typical slicks that are used to promote a show. They hang these all over the place including telephone poles, at the venue, give them out on the street, put them on ticket booths, etc. Anywhere they can get away with posting these they will. Official? Yes. Collectible? Not really. They usually just use a generic headshot of the band from their presskit along with the date/time/etc. If you like them, get them but I wouldn't expect anyone to trade you for them in the future.
Because promo posters are just a plain stock image, reproduced on plain paper, a dime a dozen, and posted wherever possible... I can practically guarantee that they won't gain value. Sorry to burst any bubble you had about them. Although if you like them, by all means buy them. However, you'd probably be better off finding posters that are on expressobeans if you are looking for posters that gain value, but even then... many posters that cost $200 a couple years ago, can now be found for $100 less. So there is little guarantee that any poster will gain in value.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
AJ123 wrote:
This post nailed it..
rsimms3 wrote:These are typical slicks that are used to promote a show. They hang these all over the place including telephone poles, at the venue, give them out on the street, put them on ticket booths, etc. Anywhere they can get away with posting these they will. Official? Yes. Collectible? Not really. They usually just use a generic headshot of the band from their presskit along with the date/time/etc. If you like them, get them but I wouldn't expect anyone to trade you for them in the future.
Because promo posters are just a plain stock image, reproduced on plain paper, a dime a dozen, and posted wherever possible... I can practically guarantee that they won't gain value. Sorry to burst any bubble you had about them. Although if you like them, by all means buy them. However, you'd probably be better off finding posters that are on expressobeans if you are looking for posters that gain value, but even then... many posters that cost $200 a couple years ago, can now be found for $100 less. So there is little guarantee that any poster will gain in value.
Thanks. This clears it up. I'm going to get them because these will look nice framed up and I can afford them. The official posters sold at concerts I can't afford unless I was there with the exception of some of the ones on TMR.com
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Now. Does michaels have wood 11x17 frames for under $10?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

AJ123 wrote:Now. Does michaels have wood 11x17 frames for under $10?
Why don't you call them and find out?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

rsimms3 wrote:
The phone service at the one near me sucks. Last time I called they had 3 different people ask what I was looking for and was on the phone for at least 10 minutes
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

AJ123 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
The phone service at the one near me sucks. Last time I called they had 3 different people ask what I was looking for and was on the phone for at least 10 minutes
Seriously? I give up.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

rsimms3 wrote:
AJ123 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
Seriously? I give up.
Seriously :|
Just wondering if anyone had bought wood frames form michaels. All I ever see are those crappy plastic poster frames that warp on your wall.
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

AJ123 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
AJ123 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
Seriously? I give up.
Just wondering if anyone had bought wood frames form michaels. All I ever see are those crappy plastic poster frames that warp on your wall.
Just go when you get a chance...don't ask about shit that you can find out by looking on a website...then locating your store to check for stock.

Btw...how much is a 12 pack of one ply tp at my local food lion?
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

shteev wrote:
AJ123 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
AJ123 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
Seriously? I give up.
Just go when you get a chance...don't ask about shit that you can find out by looking on a website...then locating your store to check for stock.

Btw...how much is a 12 pack of one ply tp at my local food lion?
Whatza "Food Lion?"
8-)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Is this one legit?
http://www.insound.com/November-1-2009- ... /INS70642/
I'm going to get this and pass on the others if it is. Hoping not to get too addicted to posters ;)
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Yes it is.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Do you guys frame all of your posters or just frame some and store the others in cardboard tubes?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

AJ123 wrote:Do you guys frame all of your posters or just frame some and store the others in cardboard tubes?
Frame what you can afford and have room for, keep the others stored flat if possible, in tubes if flat isn't an option.
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:
AJ123 wrote:Do you guys frame all of your posters or just frame some and store the others in cardboard tubes?
Frame what you can afford and have room for, keep the others stored flat if possible, in tubes if flat isn't an option.
Thanks. Hope I don't get to heavily into posters, they are expensive