2 - Ben/Jack Collab

20 + 1 Questions with Ben!
MegBot3000
Site Admin

2 - Ben/Jack Collab

Post by MegBot3000 »

Has the idea of you and Jack recording music together ever been entertained?
WhiteSwirl takes no responsibility for MegBot malfunctions.
subpopfan1
Pinball Wizard

Re: 2 - Ben/Jack Collab

Post by subpopfan1 »

There's actually more recordings of Jack and I together than I can remember being a part of.
When the Dirtbombs planned a singles club in 2002 I was going to have my solo single be a recording him and me together, but that never happened.

A lot of the stuff I recall playing on was stuff that ended up as White Stripes songs further down the line. I'm really itching to hear the recording of the first Jack White and the Bricks show from July 9th, 1999. I had a cassette dub of it for awhile and remember totally loving it. Probably the best show we ever played. I should've never let Peyok borrow it.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

I was flipping through Multiball #19 yeserday and happened upon a mention of a band called Brown Cardboard, featuring Jack, Ben, and Dave Buick. Thought that was interesting and hadn't heard of it before.. Pretty cool magazine too and great songs from the stripes and dirtbombs.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

There was also a White-Walker trio with Jack White, Johnny Walker and Ben Blackwell.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

subpopfan1 wrote:There's actually more recordings of Jack and I together than I can remember being a part of.
When the Dirtbombs planned a singles club in 2002 I was going to have my solo single be a recording him and me together, but that never happened.

A lot of the stuff I recall playing on was stuff that ended up as White Stripes songs further down the line. I'm really itching to hear the recording of the first Jack White and the Bricks show from July 9th, 1999. I had a cassette dub of it for awhile and remember totally loving it. Probably the best show we ever played. I should've never let Peyok borrow it.
Looks like he uncovered another copy of the show! This actually makes me even more excited for the next vault package.