Vinyl Roulette

Toledo
Little Bird

Vinyl Roulette

Post by Toledo »

Third Man Records updated their website and online store today. One of there bundle packages is called "Vinyl Roulette". It says, "Choose any 5 of the available 7" singles and we'll throw in one MYSTERY product from the Third Man warehouse OR the Vault. Enter the game of Vinyl Roulette at your own risk... or reward!"

http://thirdmanstore.com/bundles/vinyl-roulette

I think its a great idea and I'm very interested in seeing what people would get. Ordering mine today!
If you go looking for hot water, don't acted shocked when you get burned a little bit.
trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Vinyl Roulette

Post by trickster »

Nice idea. I placed an order for one.
Let's see how it goes.
Good luck to everyone.
Crossing fingers for no ICP 7". :P
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

I'm hoping to get some of the dirt & dust bunnies that gets swept up in the warehouse.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

If I read it right it looks like we'll mostly be getting common releases available from the web store. Still a great deal if you need to fill in the holes of your 7" collection.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I would bet that you're not very likely to get anything rare, just trying to clear out the old inventory
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

higherlimits wrote:I would bet that you're not very likely to get anything rare, just trying to clear out the old inventory
My guess is they'll send something cool to the first 5 to 10 orders to prove they'll be sending cool stuff from time to time. After that they'll still send out the good stuff but it'll be few and far between. Like random mail orders.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

This will be good to boost dales initially but going forward people will just wait to order blues so long term I think they will lose out.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

I wonder if ordering when a 45 comes out could probably boost the chance of getting a tri for the bonus item.

But then again, shouldn't the tris go to people who are ordering the single; but what if you go with a roulette and the new single?

Hmm, thinking about it, "random" mail orders now seem less random than before. :? Hopefully Tmr has some standard to keep this process as fair as possible.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Toledo wrote: we'll throw in one MYSTERY product from the Third Man warehouse OR the Vault
Uh, what now? so now they're just gonna start throwing left over vault items into these? (since we all know that whole "only press as many as are ordered" thing is pure bullshit) what happened to available to platinum vault members ONLY?
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

i like the idea of a surprise / roulette,, i will stop ordering 7s when they come out and just get them in bulk in this package,,,

ive never gotten a random mail lottery in the individual 7 purchases so i guess this gives me atleast the same odds of getting something interesting in this roullete (with less shipping costs)

im guessing a few choir 7s are going to go out in these
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Ordered mine...guess we should start a thread for the MYSTERY prizes people get :)
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

maxman142001 wrote:guess we should start a thread for the MYSTERY prizes people get :)
i think this is it! :D
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Beb9913
Little Cream Soda

7" roulette

Post by Beb9913 »

Has anyone ordered the 7" roulette from the store? If so what was your extra? Waiting for mine to arrive just wondered what they were sending
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: 7" roulette

Post by rsimms3 »

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

any of these show up yet?
houses are full of things that gather dust