Single: 10" Ball & Biscuit

Rag and Bone to Inchophone
icdvet
Little Ghost

Re: Single: 10" Ball & Biscuit

Post by icdvet »

trickster wrote:So I never realised till now that this is not a Ball & Biscuit 10" but technically a There's No Home For You Here 10"

Btw there is a copy of it for sale at Swirl store that comes with a COA/letter from Mr. Blackwell (clicky for pictures)
http://www.whiteswirl.com/store/index.p ... cts_id=220
HappyDad wrote:I was about to post it :mrgreen:[z/quote]
:P
Wow, that's more than the entire Greek GDP! (sorry Panos, I couldn't resist)
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
TommyLittle
Little Cream Soda

III

Post by TommyLittle »

III
Last edited by TommyLittle on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I think there really only are a small handfull. One other person on here has one. I can't remember who. I remember he posted a picture when he got his new turntable setup completed. I know Sheckywhite did have one, and Blackwell had one. But those may be the only ones we know of. I'm pretty sure whatever info Grim has given us on this is really the best info we've got. The one on the Swirl store was Grim's. I think he made it seem like he had 2, but never really said if he did. I think he put it up for $13,000 not really wanting to sell it, but wanting to put some interesting things in the store.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

There are definately more than 2 of these in private hands...
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

higherlimits wrote:There are definately more than 2 of these in private hands...
Like one more, a total of 3. I know where they all sit at, that is unless one of those changed hands.
I personally don't own one any more, traded one and sold one.
I got no where even close to the $13k I posted it on the store for either, I did that for Adam as a favor to help generate "swirl" around the new store and get people looking there.
So two of those you might be thinking are "more out there" are really the two I had...

I've always felt its up to the new owner to disclose they own something if they choose, so it's not like I've been running around saying where they are now or even that I parted with them but since Tommy posted his question, I figure inquiring minds are out there searching for the truth around this great mystery.

The only other one out there not in this pic is not really what I would call private hands since they are kinda the official archivist for the band...
That's not to say another doesn't surface out of XL's vaults at some point but I think the chances are slim.
There is the story for the record folks.
Grim

Here are the two I had side by side... where they are now, well that's up to the new owners to disclose if they choose.

Last edited by Grimtale on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am everything you hate...
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Grimtale wrote:
higherlimits wrote:There are definately more than 2 of these in private hands...
Like one more, a total of 3. I know where they all sit at, that is unless one of those changed hands.
I personally don't own one any more, traded one and sold one.
I got no where even close to the $13k I posted it on the store for either, I did that for Adam as a favor to help generate "swirl" around the new store and get people looking there.
So two of those you might be thinking are "more out there" are really the two I had...

I've always felt its up to the new owner to disclose they own something if they choose, so it's not like I've been running around saying where they are now or even that I parted with them but since Tommy posted his question, I figure inquiring minds are out there searching for the truth around this great mystery.

The only other one out there not in this pic is not really what I would call private hands since they are kinda the official archivist for the band...
That's not to say another doesn't surface out of XL's vaults at some point but I think the chances are slim.
There is the story for the record folks.
Grim

Here are the two I had side by side... where they are now, well that's up to the new owners to disclose if they choose.

I wasn't refering to the ones you've had, there were a couple around before White Swirl even existed..
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

higherlimits wrote: I wasn't refering to the ones you've had, there were a couple around before White Swirl even existed..
Well, if they do exist, I've never heard of them existing or seen proof of them.
But hmmm, maybe there is something out there for me to chase...
Grim
I am everything you hate...
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Pretty sure xl used Czech pressing plant
5 test pressings typical there

http://www.gzdm.cz/vinyl-27/technical-h ... ons-494/#5
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I could go with 5-10. I know for fact where four are (I have one, up to others to speak up).
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
artstudent13
Little Bird

Post by artstudent13 »

when i hear my name, i wanna disappear
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

If I had money burning a hole in my pocket . . .
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Anyone know when these were recorded?
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

maxman142001 wrote:Anyone know when these were recorded?
2003 at Electric Lady. And I'm not sure if this has been posted around here, but I just came across this clip of them recording this. If you try and time it up with the single, it's like 7:00-7:30 into the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KfB-o9niMw
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

matthewvh wrote:
2003 at Electric Lady. And I'm not sure if this has been posted around here, but I just came across this clip of them recording this. If you try and time it up with the single, it's like 7:00-7:30 into the song.

Trying to find the exact date in 2003

Thanks for sharing the clip!
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

maxman142001 wrote:
matthewvh wrote:

Trying to find the exact date in 2003

Thanks for sharing the clip!
You're welcome! And my apologies I thought I included it in my post. According to the video, the date was Nov. 16, 2003. So I'm going to assume that's the correct date.