Triple Decker Poster

Mr. Jones, stop reading this and get back to work!
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Re: Triple Decker Poster

Post by maxman142001 »

UPDATE:

Heard from Bryce and there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. From this I would assume that the remaining posters will be available in some fashion in the near future.

Hi there Leland

Looking good! I am always honored to see our work framed each and every time...Thank you for sharing that and your support!

I'm glad you got your hands on the two birds! (did you go to both shows?)

To answer your question -
we will make sure to let folks know via our electronic/social/media/outlets -
any new information about the triple decker posters as it becomes available!

take care

Bryce
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Shockadow
Little Bird

Post by Shockadow »

Still no love for a rookie poster hunter? I want those 2 Ryman posters bad. I'm willing to pay.

If not, I have an extra Black one. I am willing to be paid.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I've offered once already to pay you for your black one. Just need to know the asking price :)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

Shockadow wrote:Still no love for a rookie poster hunter? I want those 2 Ryman posters bad. I'm willing to pay.

If not, I have an extra Black one. I am willing to be paid.
Shocks.... seriously... when you first offered the poster i requested the opportunity to buy it... i made you an offer then and you said that was how much you would take for it.... if this is going 'open market' now then please consider me a bidder... i really really really would like that particular poster seeing that i have yet to get one from any of this tour and am not loaded rich with cash but can offer some things in trade and/or need to figure out what you are charging so that I can buy it
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Has anybody tried using a shadowbox frame for these? I want to frame it in a way that makes its tripleness (triplosity?) apparent, and have an online source for frames (I usually do it myself), but am not sure if it would look any different to framing it the usual way. Ideally there'd be some way to do it so that you could see the bits that otherwise have to get covered up, like the eggs, or Jack's signature. However, I'm not sure that's possible, unless you put something between each poster to raise it. Frames within frames, maybe. (I think I'd have to give up on the designer's sig on the back being visible as well, though!)
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Aqua... i put an illustration up some pages ago relative to how the work could be shadowboxed in an acrylic 3d frame... Avard is capable of helping you with the details but it amounts to having 6 acrylic sheets cut to size and then mounting the encased posters on a spacer system inside the acrylic box... good luck with that :D
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

I was thinking the best thing to design would be like a sliding frame where you can have the posters lined up or slide out the back ones to see each poster individually it would be expensive but I think it would look good.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Moller72 wrote:I was thinking the best thing to design would be like a sliding frame where you can have the posters lined up or slide out the back ones to see each poster individually it would be expensive but I think it would look good.
like a 3 railed track system that suspended from the ceiling? thats clever for another reason also... distribution of weight
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:
Moller72 wrote:I was thinking the best thing to design would be like a sliding frame where you can have the posters lined up or slide out the back ones to see each poster individually it would be expensive but I think it would look good.
like a 3 railed track system that suspended from the ceiling? thats clever for another reason also... distribution of weight
Something like that I was still thinking a wall frame with only the front two posters slide one can slide one way and the other the opposite.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Yes, this is all vaguely what I had in mind when I said frames within frames, but I hadn't thought of being able to slide the back ones out. Good thinking! Hmm, I may consult a local frame shop before attempting to do this one myself.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

i toyed with what they would look like if the eggs were visible from behind the peacocks poster and really like the results so my thoughts are that you can stagger them in a number of ways... Here is an example of what i am talking about

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I couldn't even consider spending the money to have anything fancy done, so my 2/3 has a black mat with a bit of texture and sheen as the backdrop, and a black frame that has a silver edge. And they're mounted in such a way that the framer can easily open it up and add the black piece if I ever acquire one--

Shot by flashlight the night I brought it home from the framer, since I still had no power from the derecho--

Many thanks again, Larry.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I like the flashlight version better. :)

I just wish I liked Jack's face in the composite--I think that's why I like them all better individually, as I'd actually enjoy looking at them more than the composite. Hmm . . .
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

So here's what I did with it in the end. Shame that the blue didn't print out the same color in the photograph, but oh well.

love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Aquamarine wrote:So here's what I did with it in the end. Shame that the blue didn't print out the same color in the photograph, but oh well.

^They look awesome like this. Nice work