Jack White photos - find, share, whatever

The Upholsterers, The Soledad Brothers, Blanche, The Greenhornes, 2 Star Tabernacle and more...
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Re: Jack White photos - find, share, whatever

Post by DeeBee »

Under what possible definition of the word does posting fan art created by other people constitute "stalking"?

Stuff a biscotti in your face, Hawke, and stfu already.

Add: Oh great, new page. Whatever.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/joeange ... e-exploder
(Go to url and click for bigger image.)
Last edited by DeeBee on Tue May 29, 2012 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

DeeBee wrote:Under what possible definition of the word does posting fan art created by other people constitute "stalking"?

Stuff a biscotti in your face, Hawke, and stfu already.

Add: Oh great, new page. Whatever.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/joeange ... e-exploder

I dont even like biscotti. They are dry and tasteless just like you.

Ohhhhh buuuuuurrrrrnnnnnn :)
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Ohhh Canada, our hooommee and naative laaaannndd.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Jack picking up a vintage premier amp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

love_islander wrote:I was showing a workmate a website, and found this :!:

BOOOOO
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

DeeBee wrote:TRE: Please read my last post. You can edit your post with the morphs so that they're just links. OK?
And then I will go back and remove the scary Jack paintings that are so aggrieving his dear fans. Deal?

Oh, what the hell - I'll go back and remove the bad art anyway. I don't have time for this.

. . .

There now. Bad Scary Pictures all go bye-bye. Now everyone can hug their blankies and sleep better.

this is kind of funny... if i take the morphs off then and only then?? will you take off that wretched drawing on the end there??

oh my... this thread is more than i bargained for... whats more that pic of jack picking up an amp is scary too

ah but life does call for a sense of humor whether it be ironic or just fuckin twisted... (Note: that was a joke about stalkin hawkin)
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

theeradicaleclectic wrote: this is kind of funny... if i take the morphs off then and only then?? will you take off that wretched drawing on the end there??

oh my... this thread is more than i bargained for... whats more that pic of jack picking up an amp is scary too
. . .
*sigh* :roll:

Please go back and re-read my post that you're still (!) complaining about. You will see that I already removed the scary Jack picture that so disturbed you. (One that I never even posted an image of, anyway - but only a link.) I removed it already, hours ago - just like I already explained in the very same post that you're quoting directly above. See??

And yet you have not removed that link from your own post. As of now, the image link is still sitting right there in your previous post, where you were complaining about it.

You are, therefore, continuing to complain to me about a picture whose link does not now appear anywhere in my posts, or indeed anywhere else here on the forum -- except in your very OWN post. (!) I mean, jeezus. Can you see how that might seem a bit, uh, perverse on your part? Even here in the inane asylum things should make a little more sense than that.

It's almost as bad as your complaining about the morphed images and then reposting them on the last page - after Hawke already did that - so that we all get to look at them multiple times. After I had already omitted the images, and only posted links. Again you were complaining at me there about images that by that time appeared in your own posts, and not in mine. Need I go on...?

Furthermore, I'm not under any obligation at all to remove images just because you don't happen to like them. I did that only because I agree with you in principle that I would like for the posts on this thread to be more selective - as opposed, for example, to the kind of ridiculous back-and-forth that we've been doing, over nothing. The only reason why I posted the really bad fan art pictures was to make a point; once the point was made, I removed them. The point being: people should not be making such a fuss about this or that picture that is not ideal from their point of view - or indeed, making a fuss about this thread existing in the first place. Because Hawke was making a fuss over nothing much, I decided I would provide him with some really bad art that would actually be worth making a stink about. Logical, no?

I do think there's some difference between photos and fan art - or the bizarre morphs posted before. Photos are only about Jack, whereas the art is almost more about his fans, and their perceptions of him. So I think that even some less-than-ideal fan art can still be interesting, in terms of the kinds of perceptions it reflects on the part of his fans. (And you might not agree with that; which is OKAY by me. Really.) The morphs I posted just for the strangeness of them. It's not like it's going to be a regular feature here, it was just a one-time shot to say "look what kind of weird shit is out there, eh?"

Finally: the photo of Jack with the amplifier is in no way "scary." (wtf??) That photo is what we earthlings would call "cute." Not scary. Cute and scary are two quite different things, even if they do intersect quite frequently in the vicinity of Mr. White.

Now I think I'll just sit back and wait for Hawke to succumb to multiple paroxysms of indignant apoplexy due to my use of the dreaded four-letter C-word with reference to Jack White. (The one that rhymes with "what a hoot.") Hopefully he won't choke on a biscotti or anything. :-]

Now. Can we all pause the shootouts and just post some frickin' PICTURES instead??

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/jack ... ichol.html
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:
DeeBee wrote:TRE: Please read my last post. You can edit your post with the morphs so that they're just links. OK?
And then I will go back and remove the scary Jack paintings that are so aggrieving his dear fans. Deal?

Oh, what the hell - I'll go back and remove the bad art anyway. I don't have time for this.

. . .

There now. Bad Scary Pictures all go bye-bye. Now everyone can hug their blankies and sleep better.

this is kind of funny... if i take the morphs off then and only then?? will you take off that wretched drawing on the end there??

ah but life does call for a sense of humor whether it be ironic or just fuckin twisted... (Note: that was a joke about stalkin hawkin)
LOL who was i stalking again?
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Is there any way to "foe" a thread? DIE!
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

hawke000 wrote:
DeeBee wrote:TRE: Please read my last post. You can edit your post with the morphs so that they're just links. OK? Oh, what the hell - I'll go back and remove the bad art anyway. I don't have time for this.

well... you said you were stalkin el dude if i remember correctly and yet i was purely tossin a joke down when i even mentioned 'the stawk'

i think you were there having a good time like i was and did as far as i can tell ... internet will twist things for the sake of humor as we know

ultimately the joking has run its course as has this thread even though i do believe just getting back on topic and discussing a few images is ok

Example:

whats up with these old school audio technicians and their gear??

or

look at this mad bit of stage organizing going on here

or even this

does anyone know where this image came from originally

as opposed to

hey... are they wearing the same brand of jeans or... look at this painting my friend did of a photo that he copied

and now jack looks like an axe murderer or like he has some kind of sickness

i dont disagree about having a thread for images and using it respectfully to jack & his craft as opposed to some weird sort of self promotion etc.

there are lots of interesting things we learn if we look and i think jack as an artist and experimental technician offers a lot to those who want to learn

so it goes....
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Mon May 28, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

hawke000 wrote:
DeeBee wrote:TRE: Please read my last post. You can edit your post with the morphs so that they're just links. OK? Oh, what the hell - I'll go back and remove the bad art anyway. I don't have time for this.

well... you said you were stalkin el dude if i remember correctly and yet i was purely tossin a joke down when i even mentioned 'the stawk'

i think you were there having a good time like i was and did as far as i can tell ... internet will twist things for the sake of humor as we know

ultimately the joking has run its course as has this thread even though i do believe just getting back on topic and discussing a few images is ok

there are lots of interesting things we learn if we look and i think jack as an artist and experimental technician offers a lot to those who want to learn

so it goes....
Kinda wierd you were watching me, know who I was and didnt say hello! I think everyones minds were blown.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

not really... i was dancing and having a good time then i asked the guys if i was in their way who happened to be your friends... they introduced themselves and said that they were here with daniel and pointed behind where i was standing... i didnt turn around and look at you because i was focused on the music coming back on .... i would have turned to talk with you that Jane Rose band was kicking back up and i needed another sip of my beer before i got dehydrated... priorities... honestly i didnt get a good enough look at you or what you were wearing to recall you or your friends too well so i let it go

i probably couldnt distinguish you from some of the people i met from Nashville who were all quite nice just to be honest
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

So first you (TRE) complain when I post Jack White photos that are not top-notch and interesting in your view. This drags out into a bunch of off-topic exchange (partly because you insist on re-posting all the stuff that you don't like) which I keep trying to bring back on topic with JW photos. Then finally you do post a bunch of pictures, but some of them are not even of Jack, and one that is of him is the worst painting I've ever seen. Then more off-topic yadayada. Are you deliberately trying to kill this thread? If so, why? Wouldn't it be easier to just go away, if it's a thread you don't like??

I dunno, maybe mob rule is the way of the world. It has never made sense to me that a bunch of people who don't happen to like or be interested in some particular topic will jump into it like gangbangers and post a bunch of off-topic crap, all for the purpose of getting the topic closed down, so that those who are interested in it have no place to discuss it. What is it, sheer spitefulness? It seems to me that the topic just needs a little cleaning up with the trash posts removed, and then the people who don't like this topic should just STAY AWAY from it and instead go post in topics that they are interested in. Use this thread either for posting cool pictures of Jack White, or else for commenting on those that have been posted. That was the original idea.

In the meantime, this essay and sketch caught my attention:

http://www.whatifinnovation.com/greenho ... ion-driver

I like this too:

http://simplicata.deviantart.com/art/Ja ... -193627935
Last edited by DeeBee on Tue May 29, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

the point made was that something of notable discussion for audiofiles and collectors might be in order given the site we are participating in even though the thread is supposed to 'only be' 'pictures of jack' ... if you want to turn this into a creepy ultra-personal stalker photo album then that would be you ... you can also attempt to play semantics with a person like me all day long but this identity is true and yours is suspiciously false with nothing to say // wanna put that in your pipe and smoke it while i go about my business all the live long day? do it

i intentionally posted pictures relative to jacks interests that did not contain him to show how much more interesting subject matter can be than just staring googley eyed at images of jack because i am not about mocking the man or honoring those who dont know that they mock him

ps... both those pictures you posted are pure crap too with little or no value to the legacy that jack white can inflict with just a swipe of his fucking pen
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

theeradicaleclectic wrote: i intentionally posted pictures relative to jacks interests that did not contain him to show how much more interesting subject matter can be than just staring googley eyed at images of jack ...

That's nice. But that's not what this thread is about.

Maybe you can start a thread for other pictures that interest you.

But this topic is for pictures of Jack White. You know?

(I'm not saying that it should never contain anything else - maybe pictures of his guitars or logos or whatever would be fine once in a while. But to deliberately keep derailing this thread and taking it off-topic again and again when we're trying to get back on track just seems perverse.)
theeradicaleclectic wrote: ps... both those pictures you posted are pure crap too with little or no value to the legacy that jack white can inflict with just a swipe of his fucking pen
So aesthetics is subjective. What isn't?? If you don't like them, you don't have to look at them. Honest. Nobody is forcing you to participate in a topic that is of no interest to you. If you don't like this one, you can just go to another topic - or start a new one - that you do like. Mkay?

And, by the way: His legacy has to do not only with his own music and other projects, but also with the ways that he inspires and influences other people, such as artists. I'm interested in the broader public perception of the man and how he will go down in history, while it seems to me that some fans in some forums want to ignore all that and pretend that we're the only ones in the world who have anything to say about him. Some sense of possessiveness or entitlement or something, I don't know what it is. But he's bigger than that; he belongs to the world.

Here's a nice photo, probably during the GBMS tour in South America:

More artwork, Jack and Meg:

Last edited by DeeBee on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.