How much will it be worth

Discuss The Racs here
leo
Little Bird

How much will it be worth

Post by leo »

If you guys have been paying attention to eBay lately the old vault lps have been going up like crazy. For example for the rediculus price of $350 the DW vault with the DVD 7 and lp not sealed how much do you think the racs at TMR will go for in a couple years. I paid around $60 for the whole vault package.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: How much will it be worth

Post by rsimms3 »

Whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
leo
Little Bird

Post by leo »

rsimms3 wrote:Whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
Guesstimate?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

leo wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
Guesstimate?
Crystal Ball?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Trying to decide if it's time to cash out?
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
icdvet
Little Ghost

Post by icdvet »

leo wrote:If you guys have been paying attention to eBay lately the old vault lps have been going up like crazy. For example for the rediculus price of $350 the DW vault with the DVD 7 and lp not sealed how much do you think the racs at TMR will go for in a couple years. I paid around $60 for the whole vault package.
Some might disagree, but having been a collector for over 25 years now, in my experience there are not that many bands out there who's stuff really holds its value for a long time after they split/stop recording/whatever - sure, the Beatles, Stones, and Zepp have, but even bands like Queen don't fetch the prices they used to. My favorite example is Oasis - compare the prices for their stuff now to how they were 10 years ago. Often it is the really obscure stuff that sells for the most over the long term (e.g., Northern Soul, Prog, early punk), and even then it is down to a few hardcore fans who are already likely to have most of the commoner stuff - as far as WS vinyl goes, for example, I own all but 3 items - I might want to pay a lot for those, but have no need for the commoner stuff, so when all the fanboys have moved on to the next big thing, there isnt much of a market any more. If you were a serious fan, you probably have that Vault LP, and if you aren't, you probably don't want it. Even the prices for WS/TMR stuff are going up because of the publicity over the WS split and Jack's crazy releases, but that to me is probably the same short-term buying frenzy that happened when MJ and Whitney bought the farm, and I suspect the market will settle down again soon. Bottom line, you might be onto a slightly better investment than Wall Street, especially in the short term, but in general you should be buying stuff cos you like it (or, as in my case obsessively collecting as an outlet for my OCD), not with a view to flipping several years hence.
Dear NSA, I hope that you enjoy this post.
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

Does it matter?
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

icdvet wrote:
leo wrote:If you guys have been paying attention to eBay lately the old vault lps have been going up like crazy. For example for the rediculus price of $350 the DW vault with the DVD 7 and lp not sealed how much do you think the racs at TMR will go for in a couple years. I paid around $60 for the whole vault package.
Some might disagree, but having been a collector for over 25 years now, in my experience there are not that many bands out there who's stuff really holds its value for a long time after they split/stop recording/whatever - sure, the Beatles, Stones, and Zepp have, but even bands like Queen don't fetch the prices they used to. My favorite example is Oasis - compare the prices for their stuff now to how they were 10 years ago. Often it is the really obscure stuff that sells for the most over the long term (e.g., Northern Soul, Prog, early punk), and even then it is down to a few hardcore fans who are already likely to have most of the commoner stuff - as far as WS vinyl goes, for example, I own all but 3 items - I might want to pay a lot for those, but have no need for the commoner stuff, so when all the fanboys have moved on to the next big thing, there isnt much of a market any more. If you were a serious fan, you probably have that Vault LP, and if you aren't, you probably don't want it. Even the prices for WS/TMR stuff are going up because of the publicity over the WS split and Jack's crazy releases, but that to me is probably the same short-term buying frenzy that happened when MJ and Whitney bought the farm, and I suspect the market will settle down again soon. Bottom line, you might be onto a slightly better investment than Wall Street, especially in the short term, but in general you should be buying stuff cos you like it (or, as in my case obsessively collecting as an outlet for my OCD), not with a view to flipping several years hence.
I agree to some extent, but many of the releases put out by all those bands that broke up were more than likely plain old black vinyl. Jack has been putting out many many limited releases which will hold its value to some extent..maybe not as much with all the hype during a tour or whatever, but a triple decker or a liquid filled record will always be those things and always be sought after by many people.

Either way, I have a feeling Jack will be producing music for a long time yet and we will not have to worry about prices of his vinyl dropping any time soon....the day he dies or stops making music, if youre in it for the money, sell everything that day because thats the highest you will see prices...
leo
Little Bird

Post by leo »

arewhyehen wrote:
icdvet wrote:
I agree to some extent, but many of the releases put out by all those bands that broke up were more than likely plain old black vinyl. Jack has been putting out many many limited releases which will hold its value to some extent..maybe not as much with all the hype during a tour or whatever, but a triple decker or a liquid filled record will always be those things and always be sought after by many people.

Either way, I have a feeling Jack will be producing music for a long time yet and we will not have to worry about prices of his vinyl dropping any time soon....the day he dies or stops making music, if youre in it for the money, sell everything that day because thats the highest you will see prices...
I'm not in it for the money just curious