Wax-O-Holics

Get in on the ground floor...
Jettkoral
Little People

Re: Wax-O-Holics

Post by Jettkoral »

Stl_ben wrote:These photos be filling up my Facebook!
Business must be doing good since the repress is already in works!
So for those of you debating breaking the seal, do it! 250 more copies are coming your way!
So rare!
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

So for those of you debating breaking the seal, do it! 250 more copies are coming your way!
250 tours requested personally by dom. Thanks for showing such interest in Wax-Os!
Last edited by nickboat on Wed May 21, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HUSTLE AND CUSS
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

They haven't done anything out of line, there just trying to create something new and unique.. I Don't know why you are trying to poke holes at it, it's hard enough starting a label with limited resources without being scrutinized by someone who isn't even interested in what they are doing.

Not that it's any of our business anyway but there are a lot of team members and band members attached to Waxos.. WAY more than normal. They all get a copy of the finished product so of course the numbers are different. PRESSED RELEASED 2 very different things. Does that stop you loving TMR? knowing that there is 1000 copies pressed of the Denial Twist 3" Knowing there is a box somewhere with about 850 of them? Knowing that they still have a price tag of $1000? You can bet that there are stacks of TMR goodies that were PRESSED and not RELEASED.. not saying that's what happening here but really it is none of our business. Buy it if it looks like something you want.. if not, don't

Respectfully

Mark.
Last edited by mvickers03 on Wed May 21, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the board.
trickster
Greek Mod

Wax-O-Holics

Post by trickster »

Jettkoral wrote:
So rare!
Am I missing something?
Jettkoral is quoting a now deleted post or is he quoting something written at some other internet location?
I can't check the moderation log until I m home.

Edit: nvm I got a pm that it is from a post from the previous page which tapatalk somehow is hiding from me.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

are the 250 new ones gonna be sort of a standard version (i.r. black vinyl, printed artwork, $6 or so)?
Although the stuff that you guys are doing is pretty cool, I can't really jump in @ $16 shipped for the current standard hobo version for a 7".
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

PugFaceRex wrote:are the 250 new ones gonna be sort of a standard version (i.r. black vinyl, printed artwork, $6 or so)?
Although the stuff that you guys are doing is pretty cool, I can't really jump in @ $16 shipped for the current standard hobo version for a 7".
There's two things I hate about low run numbers-
1) The music isn't able to be heard by a ton of people and only the elitist people who are online when it goes on sale are able to hear it
2) Prices are always high because with low numbers labels have to break even. I'm not justifying the high prices, but it irks me, for sure.

I got the 7" the other day and it is a nice package. I tend to enjoy the music more than the packaging, though. (vault 19)
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Jettkoral wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:are the 250 new ones gonna be sort of a standard version (i.r. black vinyl, printed artwork, $6 or so)?
There's two things I hate about low run numbers-
1) The music isn't able to be heard by a ton of people and only the elitist people who are online when it goes on sale are able to hear it
2) Prices are always high because with low numbers labels have to break even. I'm not justifying the high prices, but it irks me, for sure.

I got the 7" the other day and it is a nice package. I tend to enjoy the music more than the packaging, though. (vault 19)
Yeah I totally understand. and in general, it seems the higher run numbers get less interest, which sucks.
<BluefordT> jhdb
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

i love the idea that wax-o is a collective of people who enjoy creating things. i loved that from the start.

i didn't purchase the don flemons 7'', though, because i couldn't find a track to listen to.

i am NOT hating here, but if a music label has a product for sale with a super awesome package, but little to no emphasis on the music itself, that tells me that the music comes second. if you are an art collective, then that makes sense, but if you're a record label...it doesn't.
my suggestion would be to get a soundcloud or bandcamp link a couple of days prior to your sale up on facebook and other social media outlets and then toss it up right on the sale page:
http://www.waxoholics.com/collections/t ... rd-edition

otherwise, it starts to feel like you're a used car lot. lots of enticing words and gimmicks, but nothing to back it up music-wise.

#transittricolor
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

i want to emphasize here that i don't dislike wax-o.
i think creative people are the tits. i'm on of em myself.

and is there a track online from this don flemons 7'' that i could hear?
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

how can you hashtag "transit tricolor" if you haven't heard it? lol

by the way... not hating... just stating....

wtf? lol
HUSTLE AND CUSS
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

nickboat wrote:how can you hashtag "transit tricolor" if you haven't heard it? lol

wtf? lol
ah yes, that was a bit too 3D.
i'll explain.
i used to buy TMR 7''s just because i wanted a chance at the mail lottery and all that jazz. so, without much of anything to go on, i'd buy each release.
then, i ended up with some 7''s that i really didn't like and probably wouldn't ever get played again.

i'm not saying that would happen with mr. flemons, but i've stopped judging books by their cover. i need to read a few pages before i buy the thing.
i think that's a valid request, and i hope yall do that for future releases.
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

Hamptonio wrote:
nickboat wrote:how can you hashtag "transit tricolor" if you haven't heard it? lol

wtf? lol
ah yes, that was a bit too 3D.
i'll explain.
i used to buy TMR 7''s just because i wanted a chance at the mail lottery and all that jazz. so, without much of anything to go on, i'd buy each release.
then, i ended up with some 7''s that i really didn't like and probably wouldn't ever get played again.

i'm not saying that would happen with mr. flemons, but i've stopped judging books by their cover. i need to read a few pages before i buy the thing.
i think that's a valid request, and i hope yall do that for future releases.

http://domflemons.bandcamp.com
HUSTLE AND CUSS
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Off-topic but the Transit 7" rules.
<BluefordT> jhdb
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

kewl. thanks!
and pug, i'll give it another chance when i get home today.
should i be on any kind of drug to enhance the experience?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'll admit that I bought this release based purely on looks, but then I checked out Dom Flemons on YouTube and was darned glad I fell for the superficial beauty of this one.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."