Wax-O-Holics

Get in on the ground floor...
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Re: Wax-O-Holics

Post by runofthemill »

Hamptonio wrote:kewl. thanks!
and pug, i'll give it another chance when i get home today.
should i be on any kind of drug to enhance the experience?
Exhaust fumes. Preferably from a bus.
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

We are a collective of people all over the US... we are just a small group of friends doing what we love. With all small businesses there are a lot of kinks to work out but as far as number of units and song availability, well, that just depends on the artist we work with. JM Mullins worked with Dom and his management on this release and doesn't have much control over that stuff. I'm sure in the future it will be different for each release. We are always looking to better our platform and I'm sure the business model will change over the years. thanks for your input. noted*
HUSTLE AND CUSS
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

nickboat wrote:We are a collective of people all over the US... we are just a small group of friends doing what we love. With all small businesses there are a lot of kinks to work out but as far as number of units and song availability, well, that just depends on the artist we work with. JM Mullins worked with Dom and his management on this release and doesn't have much control over that stuff. I'm sure in the future it will be different for each release. We are always looking to better our platform and I'm sure the business model will change over the years. thanks for your input. noted*
high f-ing 5!
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

shameless plug...

Our next release is a co-release with my band "three cent queen". Our demo 45, CD and bundle will be out 5/26 on waxoholics.com . You can hear the b-side here: http://m.soundcloud.com/three-cent-quee ... -your-lies and more songs on our Musical Family Tree page: http://www.musicalfamilytree.com/band/three_cent_queen We will also have a YouTube video of the a-side up a week before it goes on sale. Hope ya'll enjoy!
HUSTLE AND CUSS
Thallirn
Little Bird

Wax-O-Holics

Post by Thallirn »

We had big plans for a Dom Flemons tour exclusive. Apparently, this surprise has been dismantled...

The Dom requested tour copies are at the press now... We were planning on adding these in as a surprise for all variant orders, but the surprise of their existence has been sullied by someone intent on ruining the fun and magic of having this awesome group. So... Surprise.

Anyone else out there who missed a variant, this is a great excuse to go see Dom do his thing, and pick up a limited waxo tour edition too!
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

I don't know where I heard it, but I definitely remember hearing a sample of Dom, well before the release.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Jettkoral wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:These photos be filling up my Facebook!
Business must be doing good since the repress is already in works!
So for those of you debating breaking the seal, do it! 250 more copies are coming your way!
So rare!
I would think as a fellow record label owner that you might show some support for others. There are many on here. The release is very cool. Not just another garage band from Detroit but something with some heart, soul, and history.

The fact that the artwork is over the top is just a huge bonus. I collect 7" I mostly play 12"

The packaging, artwork, etc is why I buy 7"

Atleast they are making it different for the tour copies, that is all that matters. Its just another record .... worth chasing.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
ymagirl
Little Cream Soda

Post by ymagirl »

There are many youtube videos available of Dom's music, he even has his own channel. We did our best to get a Q&A with Dom posted as close to the release date as we could. He spent quite a bit of time answering our questions and it is a very informative look into his background and style and can be found in the blog section of waxoholics.com.

To everyone who has supported our venture thus far- thank you, it means more than you know. We are constantly striving to come up with cool and fun ideas and your support makes it all possible. It's been a total labor of love and we all have fun with it.... though we have yet to see any #OprahMoney. oh well, oh well.

To the PI of the thread, well done sir! Way to ruin a little fun for everyone. My mother always said if you've nothing nice to say then say nothing at all so.......
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

ymagirl wrote:There are many youtube videos available of Dom's music, he even has his own channel. We did our best to get a Q&A with Dom posted as close to the release date as we could. He spent quite a bit of time answering our questions and it is a very informative look into his background and style and can be found in the blog section of waxoholics.com.

To everyone who has supported our venture thus far- thank you, it means more than you know. We are constantly striving to come up with cool and fun ideas and your support makes it all possible. It's been a total labor of love and we all have fun with it.... though we have yet to see any #OprahMoney. oh well, oh well.

To the PI of the thread, well done sir! Way to ruin a little fun for everyone. My mother always said if you've nothing nice to say then say nothing at all so.......
Don't let Ben get you down. Ya'll are just starting off and are doing great. Learn as you go. You have a lot of support from some Swirlers and tons on Facebook. I think a lot of people don't know you as well on here. Just keep on keeping on and see what happens. I'm very happy for ya'll. Lots of time and energy put into something like this. With the talent you guys have to work with just leaves me pondering what you will come up with next :) :) :)
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
ymagirl
Little Cream Soda

Post by ymagirl »

Thanks Woody! appreciate those kind words :)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Don't let one Swirler keep ya'll from visiting here. I haven't !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

We got a few things going on over on the Wax-Os FaceBook Page.

First,
To celebrate the development and release of The Original Display & Play, I am co-sponsoring a multi-page give-away with Wax-O-Holics! To win one of these limited Horizontal 7 Inch Sleeves- 'like' The Original Display & Play's page, 'like' our Wax-O-Holics page, comment on (number between 1-555, repeated number comments will be discarded) AND share this post from our Wax-O-Holics page. Drawing will be held Saturday May 24th.

Second,
3¢Q "misprint" GIVEAWAY! Running now until 5/26! Leave a photo comment below of your favorite Wax-O stuff... record, poster or whatever! (only photo comments below will be counted in the giveaway*) GOOD LUCK ALL from 3¢Q and Wax-O-Holics!

https://www.facebook.com/waxoholic

also... over on the Three Cent Queen FB page,
Three Cent Queen Test Pressing Raffle: $5 a ticket , $10 for three tickets (inbox Nicholas 'Boat' Lynch to buy tickets). No ticket limit! Winner will win one limited 3¢Q(numbered) Test Pressing. Raffle will end Friday 23rd at 3:00 EDT / 2:00 CDT. Tickets will be purchased through PayPal and entries will not be counted until payment is received. Once payment is received the person who entered will receive a ticket number for the drawing. Thanks for supporting our group and GOOD LUCK ALL!

https://www.facebook.com/threecentqueen

Thanks for all the support everyone! :thumbup:
HUSTLE AND CUSS
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

Could someone from Wax-O PM me? I have a question about my order. Nothing's wrong, in fact everything is great (awesome stuff, awesome people! Buy it up folks!)! I just have a question for ya.

Thanks!
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

Let me just say YAY! on the The Original Display & Play giveaway... Thanks! :D
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

Has anybody gotten their Don Flemons variants?
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>