Grim reject sleeves-Who has them?

Get in on the ground floor...

Do you have all four Grim reject sleeves?

Yes.
14%
No.
10%
Of course I do, I'm a Grim fan, aren't I?
5%
Of course I do, I'm Grimtale.
2%
Why do I want them again?
2%
If I get 'em, I get 'em.
3%
I have one of them, and that's enough for me.
8%
I have one of them, and I'm hoping to land the rest.
8%
I have two of them, and that's enough for me.
2%
I have two of them, and I'm hoping to land the rest.
2%
I have three of them, and that's enough for me.
No votes
I have three of them, and I'm hoping to land the last one.
2%
Grim "what" sleeves?
No votes
Grim who?
10%
None yet, but I'm still on the hunt!
No votes
Not interested.
33%
Still thinking about hunting them down.
2%

Total votes: 63

mojoryan
Little People

Grim reject sleeves-Who has them?

Post by mojoryan »

Grim reject sleeves. Who's got 'em?
Last edited by mojoryan on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Grim reject sleeves-Who has them?

Post by rsimms3 »

You forgot - "Of course I do, I'm Grimtale."
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

rsimms3 wrote:You forgot - "Of course I do, I'm Grimtale."
Fixed, 8-)

edit-Didn't realize it would remove votes cast. :oops:
...words to live by.
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

DAMNNIT! Now I have to vote again.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

rsimms3 wrote:DAMNNIT! Now I have to vote again.
:lol:
...words to live by.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

No one has submitted a complete set to me yet. I have had two cards mailed in...
Grim
I am everything you hate...
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

i would be "i had one/some but after trying to collect them all i gave up" :lol:
houses are full of things that gather dust
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Grimtale wrote:No one has submitted a complete set to me yet. I have had two cards mailed in...
Grim
I'm still waiting on two on mine to arrive in the mail. (...ahem... ;) )
...words to live by.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Grimtale wrote:No one has submitted a complete set to me yet. I have had two cards mailed in...
Grim
Related: If I could turn back time . . . I'd buy that damn red reject. Balked at the price. Wouldn't right now.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

woodisgood wrote:
Grim
Related: If I could turn back time . . . I'd buy that damn red reject. Balked at the price. Wouldn't right now.
I figured out right quick that red was the color needed. Took all of about an hour to figure that one out after people started posting what they received in the shipment. I was surprised to see the red ones last so long during the sale.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Alabama Woody wrote:
woodisgood wrote:
Grim
I figured out right quick that red was the color needed. Took all of about an hour to figure that one out after people started posting what they received in the shipment. I was surprised to see the red ones last so long during the sale.
The evening sale, I had one sitting in my cart for what seemed like ages, and it was still available when I decided I had given Grim enough money. Dumbass I am! :lol: Mark, if you're reading this, I've got $130 sitting in Paypal just for you, 8-) (Offer good until tomorrow morning 9 a.m. EST, haha!)
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Oh that's funny. So for the record:
I got the idea from a promotion Pepsi did in 1981. When you opened a bottle cap on the inside was a letter. If you collected all the letters to spell out the word "challenge" you won a large sum of money. The letter "A" was the impossible one to get but it took people a few weeks to figure that out it seemed, then everyone was hunting for the "A". This was a nationwide event it appeared from my little 12 year old mind as everyone I knew was drinking pepsi over coke to find one...

Anyways, I only had a handful of the rejects to begin with after handing back in the mass majority. I had to make the box seem as full as it was when I got it but I figured she wouldn't count them, instead they are probably in some dumpster in Salisbury NC... So when I randomly mailed out the rejects, I only mailed out four red copies and about ten of the others, maybe fifteen of the Andys as I had more of them than any. I have no idea who got them at this point.

The goal was never to make this a set of sleeves one must have to have a complete grim collection, but I could see how some might chase it that way. I'm really torn on that topic, I don't want to make items so elusive that people give up but just like the upholsterers furniture record, 10" Ball & Biscuit, or even the HP LB is to most white stripes collectors, they are a holy grail but most don't consider it something they must have to say they have a complete Jack collection.

Similar, GRIM010 will never be something most collectors can't own, a few lucky fans will end up with one but I'd scratch it off the official grim discography for the most part. For those lucky few who do have a card or the set of sleeves, I have the vinyl in hand but am working on the sleeve and I want to do it up right so I'd expect January until I'm done with it.

GRIM011 is another item that will never be sold, however that one... the true fans can put their hands on it if they decide to. Wait and see how this one unravels, I promise it will be fun....

I'm also working on a little Holiday gift to everyone. Stay tuned... No official releases between now and end of year unless GRIM004 gets done but I'm guessing early January on that one. GRIM012 should drop in early February, what a little killer it is. Its right up there with the Andy/Joel/Oliver stuff, I promise.

Grim
I am everything you hate...
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

Grimtale wrote:The goal was never to make this a set of sleeves one must have to have a complete grim collection, but I could see how some might chase it that way. I'm really torn on that topic, I don't want to make items so elusive that people give up but just like the upholsterers furniture record, 10" Ball & Biscuit, or even the HP LB is to most white stripes collectors, they are a holy grail but most don't consider it something they must have to say they have a complete Jack collection.

Similar, GRIM010 will never be something most collectors can't own, a few lucky fans will end up with one but I'd scratch it off the official grim discography for the most part.
I never saw it as a way to finish the discography. I always saw it as one of those crazy CASS contests. You COULD win this contest and get something almost no one else has, but if you can't, or won't, don't worry about it. It's no biggie.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

anyone interested in getting an orange Joel reject sleeve?
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

Still have a orange and purple Joel to move too
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.