Philthy Phonographic Records

Get in on the ground floor...
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Cool label, put out a Conspiracy of Owls flexi earlier this year with Burger Records. Is now doing an Apple Brains flexi (250 red/50 yellow, from what they told me the yellow is almost gone), and has a Gap Dream flexi planned with Burger Records.

http://philthyphonographic.blogspot.com/

I advise you to pick up the releases! Good stuff!!!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Philthy Phonographic Records

Post by rsimms3 »

What was up with him/they selling so many copies of the CoO flexi on eBay?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

rsimms3 wrote:What was up with him/they selling so many copies of the CoO flexi on eBay?
He did?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

The way the auctions read it lead me to think it was the label. User - mr.teacherman
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

rsimms3 wrote:The way the auctions read it lead me to think it was the label. User - mr.teacherman
Ahh, just saw that. Only see two auctions though, one for the clear and one for the black. Hmm.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Jettkoral wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:The way the auctions read it lead me to think it was the label. User - mr.teacherman
Ahh, just saw that. Only see two auctions though, one for the clear and one for the black. Hmm.
Check the feedback, 7-8 completed.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Yeah he has sold a few...had a couple extras he posted on Facebook too.
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

so thats why I couldn't get one when they went on sale...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
philthyphonographic1
Little Bird

Post by philthyphonographic1 »

just trying to put my label out there. ebay has a wide audience. might have 1 or 2 clear conspiracy of owls flexis left if you want one.
philthyphonographic1
Little Bird

The Apple Brains are available now for preorder. There are 200 copies of the red available and 50 copies of the yellow with limited cover. The yellow are disappearing fast.
philthyphonographic1
Little Bird

I started this DIY record label because I like records so much. I have started off with a few flexis because they are fast, cheap, and really fun. My first record was a flexi. It's Captain Zoom singing me Happy Birthday. DId you know he lived on the moon? and came down to Earth just to sing me a tune? My first release was a co-release with Burger. Bobby Harlow showed interest in making a flexi and it was a blast to do. There was 250 black copies (which look awesome) and 50 uber-limited clear copies with a cover. The cover actually features my son listening to records at the infamous Burger Records. Each copy that came from me directly included a typed note.

My second release is currently available for preorder. It is Apple Brains. The song is Fruit Confusion Blues and is only available at http://philthyphonographic.blogspot.com/. The video with Apple Brains and Wonder Worm (aka King Tuff) can be seen there as well. There are 200 copies done on red with white foil (the White Stripes copy) and 50 done on yellow with black foil (the Third Man Records copy). The uber-limited will also have a cover to go with it.

The third release might be my favorite at the moment. It is another co-release with Burger Records. It's Gap Dream doing an instrumental of Peter's Brother. I love that song, but I love the instrumental even more. It is hypnotic. It is mesmerizing. It is a must have. There will be 250 copies available on green with white foil and 50 on white with green foil. The 50 of course will have a cover. I also have a SECRET that if all goes well will come out with this release as well.

PHIL004 is being planned. It will be the first 7 inch vinyl record from my label. It will also be a co-release with Burger Records and will get what I am calling the full "Grimtale Records" treatment. This will be quality vinyl here. 350 copies on what at the moment is going to be black. With a limited edition of 150 done on spectacular "can't tell you yet" vinyl.

Lots more bands I am in talks with. Lots more releases. There will be more flexis, more 7 inches, perhaps a LP, and boy I really want to do a 78!

Please LIKE my Facebook page, Twitter page, and keep up on the blog for somewhat regular updates. This is a gentlemen's hobby... so it's all done in my spare time.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Topics merged bump.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

philthyphonographic1 wrote:I started this DIY record label because I like records so much. I have started off with a few flexis because they are fast, cheap, and really fun. My first record was a flexi. It's Captain Zoom singing me Happy Birthday. DId you know he lived on the moon? and came down to Earth just to sing me a tune?

Oh man, we had Zoom on cassette growing up. Got 'em from Toys R Us.
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
philthyphonographic1
Little Bird

Hurry! Hurry! The Apple Brains test pressings are in and I should have the flexis by the middle of the month. So if you want to be in the drawing for a chance to win 1 of 2 flexis (I will be giving away a red one and a yellow one) then get over to http://philthyphonographic.blogspot.com and buy 1 of each of the flexis. That's how you'll be entered. Two winners will randomly be chosen. Good luck to everyone and keep spinning the good stuff!

i like records!
philthy phil
focusmatic
Little Cream Soda

Post by focusmatic »

Hey discovered your label via a Burger Record post on Facebook. Love flexis.

Laurent