Re: Shed House Records

Post by patchwork »

will be releasing more info on first release next week
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

Well the test pressing is on its way. If everything sounds good i will announce the artist and will do a pre order of sorts. This release is going to be a 12" and 7" . There are only 300 copies and i will only be selling 200. 200 copies are on black 75 random color and 25 super awesome variants. Out of the 25 super awesome variants only 10 will be sold to the public. This is what the pre order will be for. What you will get is a 12" and 7" variant and a 12" and 7" test press in a nice double gatefold with custom artwork (working on getting this done). Now this pre order will be a bit pricey. I dont have a set price yet and am interested in hearing some of yalls thoughts on it so tell me how much you would pay for this package (you will just have to take my word for now that the band kicks ass)
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

patchwork wrote:Well the test pressing is on its way. If everything sounds good i will announce the artist and will do a pre order of sorts. This release is going to be a 12" and 7" . There are only 300 copies and i will only be selling 200. 200 copies are on black 75 random color and 25 super awesome variants. Out of the 25 super awesome variants only 10 will be sold to the public. This is what the pre order will be for. What you will get is a 12" and 7" variant and a 12" and 7" test press in a nice double gatefold with custom artwork (working on getting this done). Now this pre order will be a bit pricey. I dont have a set price yet and am interested in hearing some of yalls thoughts on it so tell me how much you would pay for this package (you will just have to take my word for now that the band kicks ass)
Is it a 12" single and a 7" single with the same music on both?
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

So the 10 preorders will include both a variant copy and a test press copy of both the 12" and 7"? Is it an LP and a single?

If so, the amount I would pay would depend on the band, but probably in the $50-$100 range (again depending on the band).
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

JonnyH wrote:
patchwork wrote:Well the test pressing is on its way. If everything sounds good i will announce the artist and will do a pre order of sorts. This release is going to be a 12" and 7" . There are only 300 copies and i will only be selling 200. 200 copies are on black 75 random color and 25 super awesome variants. Out of the 25 super awesome variants only 10 will be sold to the public. This is what the pre order will be for. What you will get is a 12" and 7" variant and a 12" and 7" test press in a nice double gatefold with custom artwork (working on getting this done). Now this pre order will be a bit pricey. I dont have a set price yet and am interested in hearing some of yalls thoughts on it so tell me how much you would pay for this package (you will just have to take my word for now that the band kicks ass)
It is not a single. It will be a live lp and the 7" is the encore

I am only interested in putting out live music by kick ass bands
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

patchwork wrote:
JonnyH wrote:
It is not a single. It will be a live lp and the 7" is the encore

I am only interested in putting out live music by kick ass bands
I think that $50-$100 is a good price point then.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

$50
Edjohansson
Little Cream Soda

Post by Edjohansson »

$50 - $100, and all depending on the band.
I keep getting into stranger's vans, but still no candy.
http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=edjohansson
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Shed House Records

Post by Alabama Woody »

For a 1 of 10 variant and a TP of both?
If I read it right?

More than $50-100, that's for sure !!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Alabama Woody wrote:For a 1 of 10 variant and a TP of both?
If I read it right?

More than $50-100, that's for sure !!!
What if it was me making fart noises live?
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Shed House Records

Post by Alabama Woody »

OK 100 variants which 25 are "special" and only 10 available for sale. So 2 - 12" and 2 - 7". Special variant of 10 and a TP of each. That's a nice package. Will there be 25 or 10 TP?
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Shed House Records

Post by Alabama Woody »

The band is a good one, one most will like. After talking with you Jett - you won't like it. Sorry to say. If he gets the 2nd live album he spoke of you will like that artist :-)

What it boils down to me is the recording good or a crummy bootleg. I'm hoping for a good sound quality.

Take grim03 the song Fucked Up sounds good and is enjoyable to listen to, the other side, the recording from Nashville is not so great, I can hardly listen to it. Nothing personal Grim, just saying.

Sure this garage band style of music isnt meant to be audiophile, but I still need it to sound good. I have a small fortune in stereo equipment, sound matters !!!
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody