Mushmouth Records

Get in on the ground floor...
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Mushmouth Records

Post by mushmouth »

I launched the pre-sale for my first vinyl release on my own label this morning in a limited edition of 300 copies. It may not be the kind of thing anyone here is into, but I'm very proud of this project so thought it would be fun to share it with you guys, along with a little background.

"Visualize World Greaze" was the debut album by the legendary Minneapolis band Greazy Meal, originally released on CD in 1996 and selling 10s of thousands of copies locally. For a four-year period from 1996 to 2000, Greazy Meal was an 8-piece Funk and Soul collective that became the go-to band to see if you were in town. Special guests who would show up and sit in with the band included people like Chaka Khan stopping by to duet on "Tell Me Something Good," and for fans of the Minnesota Vikings, there was no better place to run into half the team after a game on a Sunday night for shows that became the stuff of local legend. They played every Sunday at a place called The Cabooze, drawing 1000 people every show during their enviable run. The band consists of two member's of Prince's original NPG (Tommy Barbarella on keys, Brian Gallagher on Sax/Flute), drummer Dave Anania, who now plays in the Blue Man Group, Guitarist/Producer John Fields (major label producer and nephew of "funkytown" songwriter Steven Greenberg), Johnny Lang bassist Jim Anton, and Paul Westerberg's bassist Ken Chastain on percussion. The band broke up in 2000, but get together from their various commitments to do reunion shows every couple of years, still filling The Cabooze to capacity.

I've wanted to do a vinyl release for a long time. I saw this band more than 100 times, so I'm excited to be able to make this release my first. I've posted sound and video clips on the pre-sale page, so if any of you would like to check it out, you can. I'm offering some cool drawing giveaways as well. I hope you dig it!

http://www.greazymeal.com
Preorder_pic_sm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mushmouth on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
rival
Little Ghost

Re: Mushmouth Records

Post by rival »

Looks very cool but I can't get the soundclips to work. I'm using firefox.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
Zachary Thomas
Little Cream Soda

Post by Zachary Thomas »

I'm guessing too late to get entered into the contest?
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

Zachary Thomas wrote:I'm guessing too late to get entered into the contest?
Not quite. I only have 250 of the 300 for sale to allow for damage returns and band copies. We're at 85 copies sold as of right now. 11 more eligible for the drawing. ;)
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

rival wrote:Looks very cool but I can't get the soundclips to work. I'm using firefox.
Hmm, what platform? PC or Mac? I'll take a look. I've tested it on Firefox on PC, Firefox and safari on Mac, iPhone and iPad and those are all working ok on my end. The sound clip player buttons are JavaScript.
Zachary Thomas
Little Cream Soda

Post by Zachary Thomas »

mushmouth wrote:
Zachary Thomas wrote:I'm guessing too late to get entered into the contest?
Not quite. I only have 250 of the 300 for sale to allow for damage returns and band copies. We're at 85 copies sold as of right now. 11 more eligible for the drawing. ;)
Sweet! I pre-ordered it before I even read this. Not gonna lie: It's a tad expensive, but the artwork is great, and the samples make me wanna jam out. All in all, nice work. Can't wait to spin it!
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

Just saw your order come in Zachary. You're in the first 96, and thank you very much. I hope you love it!

It is a tad on the expensive side, but I threw every custom feature at the package that I could so we could make the money work AND give people the level of detail they expect from a heavyweight limited vinyl release at this price point. Even upping the pressing to 500 would have allowed us to drop the price more, but if I'm being honest, I REALLY didnt want to look forward to personally shipping 500 records. lol

I'm very excited about this. We sourced the original masters which were done at Bernie Grundman, PRE loudness wars, and they really sound fantastic. All the art was restored and recreated from the original graphic elements, photos etc, and not scanned. I put my heart and soul into this release.
Zachary Thomas
Little Cream Soda

Post by Zachary Thomas »

mushmouth wrote:Just saw your order come in Zachary. You're in the first 96, and thank you very much. I hope you love it!

It is a tad on the expensive side, but I threw every custom feature at the package that I could so we could make the money work AND give people the level of detail they expect from a heavyweight limited vinyl release at this price point. Even upping the pressing to 500 would have allowed us to drop the price more, but if I'm being honest, I REALLY didnt want to look forward to personally shipping 500 records. lol

I'm very excited about this. We sourced the original masters which were done at Bernie Grundman, PRE loudness wars, and they really sound fantastic. All the art was restored and recreated from the original graphic elements, photos etc, and not scanned. I put my heart and soul into this release.
It definitely shows! You have my support :)
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

mushmouth wrote:
rival wrote:Looks very cool but I can't get the soundclips to work. I'm using firefox.
Hmm, what platform? PC or Mac? I'll take a look. I've tested it on Firefox on PC, Firefox and safari on Mac, iPhone and iPad and those are all working ok on my end. The sound clip player buttons are JavaScript.
Mac OS X

Using Firefox 5.0 version 22.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Super badass, man! If I had the cheese, I'd be ALL over this!
Congrats.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

Thanks rival. I'll take a look. I don't know which version my Firefox is, but having your version is helpful.

What happens with the soundclips? Player buttons loading, or not showing up at all?

Is it possible you have JavaScript disabled in your browser prefs?

EDIT: just found out my player requires a flash or OGG fallback on some versions of firefox. I'll have to address that this evening. Thank you for the heads up!
Last edited by mushmouth on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

mojoryan wrote:Super badass, man! If I had the cheese, I'd be ALL over this!
Congrats.
;)
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

mushmouth wrote:Thanks rival. I'll take a look. I don't know which version my Firefox is, but having your version is helpful.

What happens with the soundclips? Player buttons loading, or not showing up at all?

Javascript is on. WHen I click the play buttons nothing happens, they bevel then return to normal. THe window doesn't show any sign of loading content either. just a dead button.
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

rival wrote:
mushmouth wrote:Thanks rival. I'll take a look. I don't know which version my Firefox is, but having your version is helpful.

Javascript is on. WHen I click the play buttons nothing happens, they bevel then return to normal. THe window doesn't show any sign of loading content either. just a dead button.
Yep, then it's the bug I mentioned above. Player is functioning but not playing/finding any media. Thanks again.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Cool. I'll give it a listen tomorrow when I get up.