Italy Records

Get in on the ground floor...
Jettkoral
Little People

Re: italy records

Post by Jettkoral »

Could we move this to the record label section?
New releases on Italy: Sugarcoats and Feelings singles. Not for sale online though.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

Jettkoral wrote:Could we move this to the record label section?
New releases on Italy: Sugarcoats and Feelings singles. Not for sale online though.
So how can you buy them.
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

tanzaib wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:Could we move this to the record label section?
So how can you buy them.
I seriously have no idea. I have a Sugarcoats from a friend, but he told me about the Feelings. I have pictures if wanted of 'coats. Feelings is on discogs.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Italy Records

Post by rsimms3 »

www.scienceorfact.com
Italy Records is an independent record label founded in Detroit, Michigan in 1997, by self-confessed "record geek" Dave Buick. (See 1997 in music.) The label released its first 7" by Rocket 455 on October 31, 1997.[1] shortly after Buick released a single by the Dirtys. Dirtys lead singer Joe Burdick claimed this was the reason Buick founded Italy Records in the first place.[2] The label went on to release the notable 7"s from Detroit rock & roll bands, from the garage rock scene including the first two 7"s by The White Stripes (Let's Shake Hands and Lafayette Blues), the debut release from the Soledad Brothers ("Soledad), and the first single from The Greenhornes (Stayed Up Last Night). In its first incarnation, Italy Records released eleven 45 rpm singles and a single mini-LP called Hentch-Forth by The Hentchmen with Jack White of The White Stripes. Out of its twelve releases, Jack White featured in the production or performing of at least six.[3]

Italy's supposed last release was Whirlwind Heat's Glaxefusion 7" in 2000. But in 2007, the Italy label was revived with a single from very popular Detroit band The Go. Buick and The Hentchmen also re-released the Hentch-Forth album, this time in CD format (re-titled Hentch-Forth.Five) and digitally on iTunes.[4]

-Wikipedia
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jettkoral
Little People

Re: Italy Records

Post by Jettkoral »

New site started. Selling new Feelings singles (they played TMRSXSW) and some of the old releases too, stuff still being added.

Through some Internet lurking, I found out that I-035 (split 7" between Mexican Knives and Ritual Howls) was just pressed. More info on that soon, hopefully!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

i hadn't heard of Feelings before, but they came through town twice recently (before and after SXSW) and both shows were awesome
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

Now that's a sexy 45!
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
artstudent13
Little Bird

Dave Buick & Italy Records:

Post by artstudent13 »

This topic is dedicated to, and is for, and about: Dave Buick and italy records.
when i hear my name, i wanna disappear
Jettkoral
Little People

Re: Dave Buick & Italy Records:

Post by Jettkoral »

artstudent13
Little Bird

Post by artstudent13 »

i was wondering how many hand painted copys of lets shake hands are out there an if he hand painted any other ws records recently ??
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... ed+let%27s

Take a look at that thread and read all about it! :)
artstudent13
Little Bird

Post by artstudent13 »

thank you my friend i have two copys and was wondering... ill read entire thread tomorrow going to bed now.