Castle Face Records

Get in on the ground floor...
Melon
Little Ghost

Re: Castle Face Records

Post by Melon »

Couple new records up on the site. Sas pretty excited for that Oh Sees single but $11 (after shipping/taxes) for a 7" single is a bit much. Can't believe I'm passing but that price :shock:, cheaper to wait for a singles collection installment.
houses are full of things that gather dust
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

big bundle of records up for sale. you guys will have to let me know how they all are.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

tempted by the Damaged Bug 7" & caslte face t's... I probably shouldn't buy more shirts & I don't really need a tarot card deck though...:/
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Melon wrote:tempted by the Damaged Bug 7" & caslte face t's... I probably shouldn't buy more shirts & I don't really need a tarot card deck though...:/
I also don't care about the tarot cards. However, both Damaged Bug LPs are perfection to my ears, and the one cut I heard from this 7" is killer, so . . . Castle Face gets more dough from me . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Huh.
Can't seem to find a pre-order for the new Damaged Bug LP directly from CF.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Huh.
Can't seem to find a pre-order for the new Damaged Bug LP directly from CF.
I think their last big missive said later this month . . . ?
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Bull Moose and other sites had it for the tenth.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24610605/dam ... unker-funk
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Bull Moose and other sites had it for the tenth.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24610605/dam ... unker-funk
Midhaven has the vinyl listed for release March 24 . . .
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

The original pitchfork article about the record said the 10th but the download code I have still isn't activated.

Digging this thing so far but I usually fully process records once I have it digitally so I can listen while I drive.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

BIG drop over at Castle Face.
Four variants for Bunker Funk, signed edition for the Dwyer art book, and Damaged Bug repressings!
EDIT: I wavered on the glow edition and it was sold out in ten to fifteen minutes. All are sold out except the split color and black.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

pretty excited about that book. It'll be cool to have a number of the actual posters and then this book (which hopefully has some details about each piece)
Hair
Little Acorn

Post by Hair »

Grabbed the GITD but kind of itching to pick up one of the splatters now too from the U.K...

Very excited about the book though and curious to see what test pressings will be auctioned off! King Gizzard would be rad but even the thought of that makes my wallet hurt.

edit: seeing now that the newsletter labels them as Dwyer's tests so I'm guessing they'll be Oh Sees / Damaged Bug
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Did they ever mention when the books would be shipping?
chaptertwentyone
Little People

What was this post on Facebook all about?
We've recently been made aware of some ugly opinions Matthew and Doris Melton of Dream Machine gave in a recent interview in Still In Rock, as part of the promotion for their Castle Face LP that came out last month. Castle Face does not agree with the statements on ICE, immigration, feminism, and sexual assault and they are in no way representative of Castle Face or the other artists on the label. While we can't do much about this record that's just last month come out, or the 5 or so before it, we will not be working with them again. As independent record label runners, band members, and generally busy humans ourselves, we don't always pore over everything that's written about us or the artists on the label, and I posted this story to Facebook myself without reading the whole thing, and boy do I regret it now. Both John and I are appalled. We've urged them to make a statement, but it's no longer our prerogative to be financing, promoting, and endorsing their music any more than we already have. For our part we're going to find a decent charity to donate our end of the profits from the record to, though something tells me this won't exactly send it flying off the shelves. Peace love and respect to all humans, refugees, and victims of violence - we're horrified and ashamed by this and we appreciate people being upset but respectful in letting us know how they felt about it.

- Matt Jones - Castle Face Records
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

chaptertwentyone wrote:What was this post on Facebook all about?
We've recently been made aware of some ugly opinions Matthew and Doris Melton of Dream Machine gave in a recent interview in Still In Rock, as part of the promotion for their Castle Face LP that came out last month. Castle Face does not agree with the statements on ICE, immigration, feminism, and sexual assault and they are in no way representative of Castle Face or the other artists on the label. While we can't do much about this record that's just last month come out, or the 5 or so before it, we will not be working with them again. As independent record label runners, band members, and generally busy humans ourselves, we don't always pore over everything that's written about us or the artists on the label, and I posted this story to Facebook myself without reading the whole thing, and boy do I regret it now. Both John and I are appalled. We've urged them to make a statement, but it's no longer our prerogative to be financing, promoting, and endorsing their music any more than we already have. For our part we're going to find a decent charity to donate our end of the profits from the record to, though something tells me this won't exactly send it flying off the shelves. Peace love and respect to all humans, refugees, and victims of violence - we're horrified and ashamed by this and we appreciate people being upset but respectful in letting us know how they felt about it.

- Matt Jones - Castle Face Records
It looks like it's this interview http://www.stillinrock.com/2017/05/inte ... elton.html