Castle Face Records

Get in on the ground floor...
trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Castle Face Records

Post by trickster »

Stl_ben wrote:
trickster wrote:Why is that a bad thing?
Because the specifically said it was limited to 300 copies.
If they don't say a number then re-press it till the world's covered in them.
Just not a real fan of anyone lying to sell their product.

Buy these sugar free cookies! (oops actually full of sugar!)
That was before they saw people buying multiples and selling them on eBay
So they are basically not fans of flippers
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
mordecaibrown
Little Cream Soda

Post by mordecaibrown »

trickster wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:

Well don't press "limited editions".
If anything over the long run they will have more people looking at the website, finding new bands, buying more products.
The limited presses create a buzz. If I buy an album for $1 then get home and find the album is worth $2000. I'm thinking hmmm that's 2 house payments.
SOLD SOLD SOLD to the highest bidder. Why is that wrong?
Why should they care what the hell it sells for on the open market? If some dude playing halo in his moms basement will actually pay $100 for it then so be it.

Getting pissed again.

I'll gladly pay all of you face value for your collections. PM if interested in my offer.
Thinking is the best way to travel. - The Moody Blues
mordecaibrown
Little Cream Soda

Post by mordecaibrown »

Poor communication with customers, poor decision making and poor over all business activities is why these people suck.

I might turn mine into a bowl or clock.
Hell I might just put it on ebay for $17 BIN.
Why didn't they just release them on ebay for face value????
I'd dig that tactic rather than pressing more and more of them.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

They just care more for people who want the music than for collectors or flippers.
That is OK with me.
Additionally they present their artists' music in nice colored vinyl.
I think it is a win win.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Stl_ben wrote:

Where did they say it was limited to 300 and if so do we know they sold all 300 first time around or held some for later.
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

I adore Castle Face, have personally always had phenomenal customer service and quality from them.

They've let it be known what they thought about people flipping stuff before even RECEIVING it. (They think it sucks, btw, in case you weren't paying attention in class.)

And I really don't give a shit whether they press more in different colors or whatnot. Buy it, don't buy it, stfu.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

cmelo wrote:I adore Castle Face, have personally always had phenomenal customer service and quality from them.

They've let it be known what they thought about people flipping stuff before even RECEIVING it. (They think it sucks, btw, in case you weren't paying attention in class.)

And I really don't give a shit whether they press more in different colors or whatnot. Buy it, don't buy it, stfu.
This
Never trust a hippy
carbizguy
Little Bird

Post by carbizguy »

cmelo wrote:I adore Castle Face, have personally always had phenomenal customer service and quality from them.

I'm glad you always get taken care of and that you adore them. However,others aren't as lucky as you. I've had nothing but horrible customer service, missing items, 1-2 month deliveries, no return emails, black vinyl sent instead of color with no refund on the price difference, or even the common courtesy of telling me they don't have it available. NONE of my orders from them have been right, NOT ONE!

I don't give a shit either.. I hope they press more different colors. That neon one is awesome, but the problem is they also repressed the SAME LIMITED SPLATTER THAT ALREADY SOLDOUT, It was shipped out by the label IN ADVANCE of album's official release date. AHH DUH! OF COURSE SOME OF THEIR CUSTOMERS WERE TRYING TO FLIP IT ASAP! IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY LIMITED AND IT WAS'NT EVEN RELEASED YET! Castle Face had no right to be irritated by the secondary market they created with that, I CALL BULLSHIT! I THINK THEY DIDN'T MAKE ENOUGH TO COVER THEIR OWN TARGET MARKET AND THAT PISSES THEM OFF!

For the record! I'll never "shut the fuck up" I hope nobody here does! White Swirl is an open forum where members should feel comfortable discussing anything related to the topic.JUST LIKE YOU, WE'RE ALL ENTITLED TO VOICE OUR OPINION.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

mordecaibrown wrote:
trickster wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:

Well don't press "limited editions".
If anything over the long run they will have more people looking at the website, finding new bands, buying more products.
The limited presses create a buzz. If I buy an album for $1 then get home and find the album is worth $2000. I'm thinking hmmm that's 2 house payments.
SOLD SOLD SOLD to the highest bidder. Why is that wrong?
Why should they care what the hell it sells for on the open market? If some dude playing halo in his moms basement will actually pay $100 for it then so be it.

Getting pissed again.

I'll gladly pay all of you face value for your collections. PM if interested in my offer.
I have the complete TMR collection in black. I would be glad to sell it to you at cost. PM if interested.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

carbizguy wrote:

JUST LIKE YOU, WE'RE ALL ENTITLED TO VOICE OUR OPINION.
And so you did.
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

You might be emailing there wrong address the one on there site is not the right one I was waiting a month for email back never got one and found another email address and they responded the next day.
carbizguy wrote:

I'm glad you always get taken care of and that you adore them. However,others aren't as lucky as you. I've had nothing but horrible customer service, missing items, 1-2 month deliveries, no return emails, black vinyl sent instead of color with no refund on the price difference, or even the common courtesy of telling me they don't have it available. NONE of my orders from them have been right, NOT ONE!

I don't give a shit either.. I hope they press more different colors. That neon one is awesome, but the problem is they also repressed the SAME LIMITED SPLATTER THAT ALREADY SOLDOUT, It was shipped out by the label IN ADVANCE of album's official release date. AHH DUH! OF COURSE SOME OF THEIR CUSTOMERS WERE TRYING TO FLIP IT ASAP! IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY LIMITED AND IT WAS'NT EVEN RELEASED YET! Castle Face had no right to be irritated by the secondary market they created with that, I CALL BULLSHIT! I THINK THEY DIDN'T MAKE ENOUGH TO COVER THEIR OWN TARGET MARKET AND THAT PISSES THEM OFF!

For the record! I'll never "shut the fuck up" I hope nobody here does! White Swirl is an open forum where members should feel comfortable discussing anything related to the topic.JUST LIKE YOU, WE'RE ALL ENTITLED TO VOICE OUR OPINION.
mordecaibrown
Little Cream Soda

Post by mordecaibrown »

Moller72 wrote:You might be emailing there wrong address the one on there site is not the right one I was waiting a month for email back never got one and found another email address and they responded the next day.
carbizguy wrote:

Please post this secret email address you've found.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I replied to my order confirmation email and got a fast reply.
I replied again 1 week later (as requested) and havent heard back (that was yesterday).
carbizguy
Little Bird

Post by carbizguy »

Moller72 wrote:You might be emailing there wrong address the one on there site is not the right one I was waiting a month for email back never got one and found another email address and they responded the next day.
I know, Matt and I have been in communication many times, but he only responds when he wants to. The only email I've ever used is castlefacerecs@gmail.com
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

The bands should follow TMR ways of practice. As mentioned before you sell enough limited editions to pay for the whole run. !00-150 colored records, 350 black. Once the colored ones are gone they are gone. Keep the black available for ever. Repress in black. On anniversaries or many moons down the road, do a repress with another color than the first one. You got to create a buzz to get the fans attention then hope the music speaks for itself. The only reason Castle Face got mad is because they saw how much money they left on the table. They did not press/sale enough colored ones, they underestimated the demand.

On another hand, I speak out of both sides of my mouth, why not just put out a bunch of colored records all the time, make it fun. Sell them for reasonable prices, make a cool package with great artwork. Sell the shit out of them. Just don't say that they are limited, just say come and F'kn get em.

:D
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody