Castle Face Records

Get in on the ground floor...
achouza
Little Ghost

Re: Castle Face Records

Post by achouza »

hsp88 wrote:who cares, dont be a fool and spend excessive amounts of money after the fact. sometimes you miss out and sometimes you get lucky and have a second chance. buy a record to untimatly enjoy whats on it, not cry because your precious colored peice of plastic is now worth 20$ and not 40
exactly, i wouldnt care if TMR repressed the whole vault 5 times over, i was happy paying 60 paying for each one and dont care how many other people have it

good for castle face, i wish tmr and other labels did the same

the other Day at a show i watched a fan get all bitchy at the merch stand guy because she didnt get a limited vinyl

you can get a Cool splattered vinyl without it being limited and it still kicks ass

whoevers upset dont buy castle face
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Thallirn
Little Bird

Post by Thallirn »

achouza wrote:
hsp88 wrote:who cares, dont be a fool and spend excessive amounts of money after the fact. sometimes you miss out and sometimes you get lucky and have a second chance. buy a record to untimatly enjoy whats on it, not cry because your precious colored peice of plastic is now worth 20$ and not 40
exactly, i wouldnt care if TMR repressed the whole vault 5 times over, i was happy paying 60 paying for each one and dont care how many other people have it

good for castle face, i wish tmr and other labels did the same

the other Day at a show i watched a fan get all bitchy at the merch stand guy because she didnt get a limited vinyl

you can get a Cool splattered vinyl without it being limited and it still kicks ass

whoevers upset dont buy castle face
As long it plays music... I couldn't care less. (Except for a couple bands... then gimme that sweet sweet limited vinyl!)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Castle Face Records

Post by Alabama Woody »

Basically nothing from them is going to be valuable, ever probably. Buy what you want and wait for the repress if you miss out in something.

If you want a true collector piece buy stuff from the bands at shows early on in their career, follow labels like Grim's, CASS, buy test pressings, etc.
the early TMR stuff is going to hold value. More and more people will become fans of TMR's over time, no telling what the future holds for some of their releases. They are releasing so much so fast that it will take someone with deep pockets to get it all as it comes out, that leaves demand over time for the average collector. I'm still trying to figure it all out............
I'm glad I don't have a lot of money in my TMR collection thanks to so many good folks on here trading new stuff for old stuff and as far as other labels I only buy limited stuff if I catch the sell at normal price for stuff. A few exceptions, not many. I will say that I only buy music I like and I play every album I own, they don't stay sealed. I am careful with them and I have a good turntable, I think they will survive!

Rant over. Buy what makes you happy and try not to go in the poor house to do so.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
carbizguy
Little Bird

Post by carbizguy »

Can anyone tell me if the matrix numbers are the same?
Thallirn
Little Bird

Post by Thallirn »

carbizguy wrote:Can anyone tell me if the matrix numbers are the same?
There is absolutely no reason why they aren't. Matrix numbers only change when the record changes labels, never for alternate pressings.
carbizguy
Little Bird

Post by carbizguy »

Thallirn wrote:
There is absolutely no reason why they aren't. Matrix numbers only change when the record changes labels, never for alternate pressings.
well I've seen distinguishing marks in the runout groove on represses before. :geek: It was just a question to try and get more facts.
mordecaibrown
Little Cream Soda

Post by mordecaibrown »

Thallirn wrote:
This must be a new thing. Nearly all my repressed records have dif marks in the run out.
Then again I've never bought a repressed record two months after the original was released.
Thinking is the best way to travel. - The Moody Blues
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

mojoryan wrote:
Harry, we all-you and I included-have spent "excessive" amounts of money after the fact, and will continue to do so.
your right ryan, and i guess everyone on this site will at some point but the major thing ive learned in the years ive been collecting is be patient and wait, just about everything is cheaper if you just wait.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Castle Face Records

Post by Alabama Woody »

Waiting is no fun!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

anyone jam their La Machine LP yet?
houses are full of things that gather dust
tcricha43
Little Cream Soda

Post by tcricha43 »

Melon wrote:anyone jam their La Machine LP yet?
I received my shipping notification last Friday but it hasn't arrived yet.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I got a shipping notification email on Sat 25th
Thank you for your order from Shopify! We wanted to let you know that your order (#5558) was shipped via USPS, USPS Media Mail on 5/24/2013. You can track your package at any time using the link below.
There was no tracking link below though and my order hasn't showed up in TX.
Is this normal?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

Posted on FB:

Castle Face Records
Dear freaks - unfortunately a few orders went out without tracking in this last batch with the colored oh sees and la machine records. Be patient and trust in the universe and they'll arrive...hit us up in a week or so if they don't (two if yr overseas please)
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Thanks cmelo
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

are there folks still waiting for their copies?
just curious.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.