Castle Face Records

Get in on the ground floor...
Jettkoral
Little People

Re: Castle Face Records

Post by Jettkoral »

Stl_ben wrote:Yeah I wish more companies would blatantly lie to their customers.
Limited to 300 copies buy one now!....O wait we made 300 more buy them fast before they are gone.....ok you guys liked this limited edition so much lets make some more!
+1
I'm usually more inclined to buy if its limited.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Jettkoral wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Yeah I wish more companies would blatantly lie to their customers.
Limited to 300 copies buy one now!....O wait we made 300 more buy them fast before they are gone.....ok you guys liked this limited edition so much lets make some more!
+1
I'm usually more inclined to buy if its limited.
Yeah I wish they would've changed it up.. different color splatters or just done the yellow ones.

Looks like now they are going to be very vague w/ their "limited" things... I don't expect any truly limited things from Castle Face anymore, they were peeved enough with the flipping of Floating Coffin that I think they'll repress "limited" things whenever they can & not announce how many were made.

I'm a little disappointed but at the same time I was only buying their stuff because of the awesome tunes, the variant stuff was just a cherry on top.
houses are full of things that gather dust
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Best/Only way to stop "flippers";.....don't make limited edition stuff.
Don't make something limited then get upset when it is flipped.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
sandman77
Little Cream Soda

Post by sandman77 »

Stl_ben wrote:Best/Only way to stop "flippers";.....don't make limited edition stuff.
Don't make something limited then get upset when it is flipped.
This^
mordecaibrown
Little Cream Soda

Post by mordecaibrown »

I would have been a bit pissed if I bought one of these for $100 or so and they release more for $17 bucks.
Who does this anyway? Bad move by Castle Face IMOP.
Pretty poor for all parties involved.

What's wrong with flipping anyway?
I've been able to turn over the occasional item to fund early Vault items that I've missed along the way.
I'm very very very slowly working on a complete Vault by buying something once in a blue moon and turning it over.
It keeps my collection growing in the direction that I want and costs me very little along the way.

IF you DONT want after market sales do what every company does and keep it in stock. Don't sell out and then release the same album again.
Very POOR!!!!!

How pissed would you all be if TMR released all the vaults again?
Don't know why this hasn't gotten more people sorta angry.

I like the idea of having something special or limited.

Booooo to Castle Face for dropping the ball on this one.

My rant is over----Thoughts????
Thinking is the best way to travel. - The Moody Blues
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

mordecaibrown wrote:I would have been a bit pissed if I bought one of these for $100 or so and they release more for $17 bucks.
Who does this anyway? Bad move by Castle Face IMOP.
Pretty poor for all parties involved.

What's wrong with flipping anyway?
I've been able to turn over the occasional item to fund early Vault items that I've missed along the way.
I'm very very very slowly working on a complete Vault by buying something once in a blue moon and turning it over.
It keeps my collection growing in the direction that I want and costs me very little along the way.

IF you DONT want after market sales do what every company does and keep it in stock. Don't sell out and then release the same album again.
Very POOR!!!!!

How pissed would you all be if TMR released all the vaults again?
Don't know why this hasn't gotten more people sorta angry.

I like the idea of having something special or limited.

Booooo to Castle Face for dropping the ball on this one.

My rant is over----Thoughts????
It doesn't bother me as Castleface said it's limited(which it is) but they never led me to believe that there wouldn't be future pressings. In fact based on Castleface's history I assume any of their releases will have additional future pressings.

In the end, I want the record companies to make money and to continue to put out cool releases. If that means my 1st press of Thee Oh Sees is only worth $30 instead of $80 I don't really have a problem with it.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

JonnyH wrote:It doesn't bother me as Castleface said it's limited(which it is) but they never led me to believe that there wouldn't be future pressings.
They said it was limited to 300 copies. Then released an additional 300.....then this is now the 3rd sale of them but no numbers this time.
If they hadn't said numbers and just said limited I would complain (as much) but when you say a specific number....STICK WITH IT.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Stl_ben wrote:
JonnyH wrote:It doesn't bother me as Castleface said it's limited(which it is) but they never led me to believe that there wouldn't be future pressings.
They said it was limited to 300 copies. Then released an additional 300.....then this is now the 3rd sale of them but no numbers this time.
If they hadn't said numbers and just said limited I would complain (as much) but when you say a specific number....STICK WITH IT.
Hahaha! It amuses me that this bothers you.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

who cares, dont be a fool and spend excessive amounts of money after the fact. sometimes you miss out and sometimes you get lucky and have a second chance. buy a record to untimatly enjoy whats on it, not cry because your precious colored peice of plastic is now worth 20$ and not 40
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

This might seem pointless here, but a Floating Coffin of any color is a fucking awesome chunk of music.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

cmelo wrote:This might seem pointless here, but a Floating Coffin of any color is a fucking awesome chunk of music.
it really is.

Does anyone elses flexi make just a ton of surface noise? I'd expect a flexi to run a bit louder but this is like excessively loud even for a flexi.
houses are full of things that gather dust
mordecaibrown
Little Cream Soda

Post by mordecaibrown »

I'm not upset with anything but the lack of integrity by the record label.
If its a $2 LP or $2000 LP its all the same and I don't care about the price.
Let me ask u this.
If the album cost 10k would they make more because it was selling on ebay for 100k?
NOPE!
They weren't upset one bit by an aftermarket profit. They were upset because they didnt fully supply public demand.

Lets call this what it is---A cash grab.

I support small labels and I enjoy good music.

You people that down play this CASH GRAB are probably Vault Members, collect Tri's, various limited WS releases, ect.
Why buy a limited variation of an album?
It's special!!!!!

All of you "I just love the music" people have a standard black vinyl to enjoy and have no dog in this discussion.
I love the music also and when given the chance to purchase something special I deserve as a consumer to know that it will remain special.
Integrity is important and even more important for a smaller label that don't have the luxury of pimping out artists and taking chances that larger labels can afford to do.

Guys like Grim have the right ideas and people like that deserve everything they work hard to produce.
People like this...well they just go out of business.
Thinking is the best way to travel. - The Moody Blues
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

OR -- why do they even bother with black vinyl at all?
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

mordecaibrown wrote:You people that down play this CASH GRAB are probably Vault Members, collect Tri's, various limited WS releases, ect.
Why buy a limited variation of an album? It's special!!!!!

All of you "I just love the music" people have a standard black vinyl to enjoy and have no dog in this discussion.
I actually don't have a standard black vinyl of Floating Coffin. (Or a dog.) I bought the limited variations because they are special. And cool. And fun. And the music's great. Same reason I am a Vault member and buy whatever other stuff. The numbers game I usually leave to other people and don't take nearly as seriously. (I realize this means the secret collectors' handshake might now be unavailable to me, but that's OK.)
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

hsp88 wrote:who cares, dont be a fool and spend excessive amounts of money after the fact. sometimes you miss out and sometimes you get lucky and have a second chance. buy a record to untimatly enjoy whats on it, not cry because your precious colored peice of plastic is now worth 20$ and not 40
Harry, we all-you and I included-have spent "excessive" amounts of money after the fact, and will continue to do so.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5