Jett Plastic Recordings

Get in on the ground floor...
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Jett Plastic Recordings

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Jett is still handling every aspect of Jett Plastic on his own and he had a summer job at camp, away from the merchandise. He desperately needs someone to help in the shipping department but I don't think that's feasible with the cost of keeping the label up and running unless someone volunteered or worked for peanuts. And it's a lot of work.
jerrytimes

Post by jerrytimes »

gst510 wrote:
jerrytimes wrote:Is something going on with Jett Plastic? Currently I'm waiting on a couple of 45's that were originally set to ship mid June, I contacted them a couple weeks back and they said they'll be shipping in a week and still nothing. No updates about delays either......not good.....
Are you talking about the Paul Orwell release? I finally got a notification of shipping for that.
Brother Son and Hala. Website says mailing around June 15th. I email him, got a response saying that they'll be out in a week, that was almost 3 weeks ago.
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

You’ll get your stuff, I think Jett bites of more than he can chew but he’s a busy bee!!
He’s never let me down yet....had to remind him a few times but he comes through.

I’ve got a lot of Paul Orwell records, they are worth waiting for.
jerrytimes

Post by jerrytimes »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Jett is still handling every aspect of Jett Plastic on his own and he had a summer job at camp, away from the merchandise. He desperately needs someone to help in the shipping department but I don't think that's feasible with the cost of keeping the label up and running unless someone volunteered or worked for peanuts. And it's a lot of work.

I'm not sure that's my problem. I think he needs to prioritize some things. Either run a label the right way, by informing people who pre ordered and paid for a product that was supposed to ship around 6-15-18 that there are delays, or don't do pre orders and put the records up for sale when you know you will be around to ship them. Think about the artists too, their 45's were supposed to be released by a certain date, and it's over 2 months later and the label has out money, and records.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I don't disagree. He definitely needs help. It's a big job.
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

Very easy solution to this = don't buy from the fool!
jerrytimes

Post by jerrytimes »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I don't disagree. He definitely needs help. It's a big job.
You are 100% correct. Still doesn't mean that he can take my money and never send me what I purchased. I'm not a bank.
jerrytimes

Post by jerrytimes »

makers888 wrote:Very easy solution to this = don't buy from the fool!
After this I'm never going to again.
ShermanBeita
Little Bird

Jett Plastic Recordings

Post by ShermanBeita »

You can hear it in the recording posted. song one a little over half way through it i believe. not the best recordings but it will give you an idea.

Its amazing how well it cuts. No sustain at all.