Swirler's record companies

Get in on the ground floor...
Jettkoral
Little People

Re: Swirler's record companies

Post by Jettkoral »

jamesmonzon1 wrote:I said that to a 13 yr old...shit. I meant go watch TV and don't frequent sites like these anymore. They're bad for your health. :D
14. *ahem* :ugeek:
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

dreamover wrote:Cool thread!

I run Dreamover Records here in Chicago, IL. So far we've just done 12" vinyl. Our first three releases were LP reissues by the bands Brandtson and Emery, though most of you may not be interested in them. I'm really excited about our fourth release, as it's from my local friends, Secret Colours. They're more of a psychedelic pop-rock band. Think of an American Oasis or Blur with more shoegazy influences. We're doing a limited pressing of only 300 copies all on random colored vinyl. I just got the colored test presses and they sound amazing. They're also real heavy at almost 180 gram and look really cool. Here's a picture of how one of em came out:

Anyway, please check these guys out, if you like what you hear, pick up a copy. We could really use the support, and being a Third Man fan (also spending time with many of you in Nashville this last weekend), I know how great and interested everyone can be. Here's their new music video for the first song on the EP, called Faust:

You can preorder the record here: http://dreamover.limitedrun.com They should be shipping in just a few weeks.
Thanks a ton to the few swirlers that have preordered the record after i posted this up yesterday. it really means a lot. i've been a member of LR for quite a while, but things have been dying down over there. between this and meeting everyone in nashville last weekend, i've really come to appreciate it here. /sentimental rant
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

It is hard getting started out. A few bands have said they'd be interested but then backed out at the last minute with random reasons. I offered them a more than fair share of the profit. I just want to get this started. Jeez, Buddy Holly wasn't right

It's so easy
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

dreamover wrote:
You can preorder the record here: http://dreamover.limitedrun.com They should be shipping in just a few weeks.
Bought! Very cool sound. Can't wait to get it in the mail.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Jettkoral wrote:It is hard getting started out. A few bands have said they'd be interested but then backed out at the last minute with random reasons. I offered them a more than fair share of the profit. I just want to get this started. Jeez, Buddy Holly wasn't right

It's so easy
I don't think Buddy Holly was talking about starting a record company... Most things worth having don't come easy, they require that 99% persperation that Edison talked about...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Jettkoral wrote:It is hard getting started out. A few bands have said they'd be interested but then backed out at the last minute with random reasons. I offered them a more than fair share of the profit. I just want to get this started. Jeez, Buddy Holly wasn't right

It's so easy
What are you calling fair profit.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Moller72 wrote:

It's so easy
I smell a record executive in the making! :P
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

love_islander wrote:
Moller72 wrote:

It's so easy
:lol:
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Post by dagingerrocker »

love_islander wrote:
Moller72 wrote:

It's so easy
he stole my idea for a name, pm me jett or prepare to for a lawsuit
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

dagingerrocker wrote:
love_islander wrote:
Moller72 wrote:

It's so easy
Do you have it copyrighted or proof you came up with the name.
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Post by dagingerrocker »

Moller72 wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:
love_islander wrote:
Moller72 wrote:

It's so easy
thats not fair
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

dagingerrocker wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:
love_islander wrote:
Moller72 wrote:

It's so easy
thats not fair
Sue me for all I care, the court really will not care about my imaginary 'record company' or the fact that you stole a name from another store and several other labels. Criminal Records? Really? The RRS was parked there the other day, you most likely stole the idea from them. That's not fair? All is fair. I'm having a good time you?
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Post by dagingerrocker »

Jettkoral wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:
love_islander wrote:
Moller72 wrote:

It's so easy
thats not fair
Sue me for all I care, the court really will not care about my imaginary 'record company' or the fact that you stole a name from another store and several other labels. Criminal Records? Really? The RRS was parked there the other day, you most likely stole the idea from them. That's not fair? All is fair. I'm having a good time you?
there are others? dammit, i thought i had something really good there
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

dagingerrocker wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:
love_islander wrote:
Moller72 wrote:

It's so easy
thats not fair
there are others? dammit, i thought i had something really good there
Around 6 others. I have a new name, but I won't post any more info until the rest of the deals I have are solidified, and can start pressing for sale. Been talking to a great band for over a month now, rant over. And watch the language. Thanks.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Hey settle this on the playground.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net