Subpop Records

Get in on the ground floor...
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Re: Subpop Records

Post by Hamptonio »

They're putting out No Age's new lp soon as well as Washed Out's new one.
I'm really excited about those releases.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Hamptonio wrote:They're putting out No Age's new lp soon as well as Washed Out's new one.
Two words to you my fellow fox, Rose Windows.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

JonnyH wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:They're putting out No Age's new lp soon as well as Washed Out's new one.
Two words to you my fellow fox, Rose Windows.
i need to buy that. damn it, i just need to buy that. i think i'm gonna buy that.
ok, i bought it.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Has anyone in the greater Seattle area stopped by the Sub Pop pop up shop yet?

I'm going to try to stop by tonight, but it's more likely I won't get there til tomorrow or the next day.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Subpop Records

Post by JonnyH »

I went to the Sub Pop shop today. It's really cool! I picked up these GOAT releases, LOSER pencils for my teacher fiancé and a lapel pin. The CD and stickers were free.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371180793.127972.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

What do you make of His Electro Blue Voice?
They were on the Sub Pop 1000 RSD release.

Super intense, but not your average screamy band. They have some brilliant layering that brings to mind Sonic Youth's noise and MBV's shoegazey wall of sound.
I think I'm gonna preorder the upcoming album. It's called "Ruthless Sperm", so I don't see how I could go wrong.
http://www.subpop.com/releases/his_elec ... less_sperm
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

I was one of the lucky ones who received a horribly warped Rose Windows LP. :(

The needle could never stay in the groove on the 2nd LP. Unlistenable. Yesterday I returned it to my friendly local record store, and they gave me store credit. They also told me that Sub Pop won't be repressing as many Loser Editions for the new batch, and most of those will go to the band to sell.

Just a public service announcement: if you bought Rose Windows be sure to spin it soon, as the great majority of them are warped.
TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Post by TwinkleLights »

TOMS shoes is doing limited edition Sub Pop shoes now http://www.toms.com/m/sub-pop-shoes/l
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

KEXP is broadcasting from the observation deck on the Space Needle this afternoon. In a couple of hours Mudhoney is going to play live on top of the Space Needle.

Live feed here: http://kexp.org/live/spaceneedle
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

JonnyH wrote:KEXP is broadcasting from the observation deck on the Space Needle this afternoon. In a couple of hours Mudhoney is going to play live on top of the Space Needle.

Live feed here: http://kexp.org/live/spaceneedle
Mudhoney is playing NOW!
drummintodabeat
Little Acorn

Post by drummintodabeat »

Ernest(Washed Out) and I actually go back pretty far. We went to kindergarten together, sang together in the quartet in high school and he's actually going to be a groomsman in my wedding this October. Very good friend of mine. Glad to hear some other peeps digging on him.

If you liked his first release, Within & Without, his new album will not disappoint. Good stuff I tell you.... 8-)
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

drummintodabeat wrote:
Ernest(Washed Out) and I actually go back pretty far. We went to kindergarten together, sang together in the quartet in high school and he's actually going to be a groomsman in my wedding this October. Very good friend of mine. Glad to hear some other peeps digging on him.

If you liked his first release, Within & Without, his new album will not disappoint. Good stuff I tell you.... 8-)
dude.
he is my favorite artist of the past few years. that is bad arse.
i'm gonna come crash your wedding, holmes. drinks on me.