Independent Publicity

Get in on the ground floor...
Melon
Little Ghost

Independent Publicity

Post by Melon »

Any tips on blogs, magazines, websites, reviewers, youtube channels, etc... that like to do write ups/reviews for independently released records?

I run into this problem every time I release something sending out a bunch of emails most get ignored (ahem pitchfork). There has got to be indie level media outlets that will cover smaller releases and get the hype/publicity going for a new release.

Please share links to different platforms that have worked for you in the past & any tips for contacting writers/editors. be well!
houses are full of things that gather dust
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Independent Publicity

Post by Stl_ben »

Slyvinyl.com
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Stl_ben wrote:Slyvinyl.com
slyvinyl is great. that's the one place that put together a great little write up/plug for the last release I did. Big props to Hamptonio.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

www.spillmagazine.com

My girlfriend just started writing for them and she's always doing reviews. I am not sure how they choose the albums for her to review, but she gets a list to choose from.

Shoot them an email and see what's up. she said to email Stephen Lussier. His email should be on the site. Just ask him the process. If all goes well, shoot me a PM anytime you submit an album and I'll have my girlfriend keep an eye out for it.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

arewhyehen wrote:http://www.spillmagazine.com

My girlfriend just started writing for them and she's always doing reviews. I am not sure how they choose the albums for her to review, but she gets a list to choose from.

Shoot them an email and see what's up. she said to email Stephen Lussier. His email should be on the site. Just ask him the process. If all goes well, shoot me a PM anytime you submit an album and I'll have my girlfriend keep an eye out for it.
right on! shot him an email, thanks for the tip.